Ways to sell my stuff, and tips?

I'm trying to make more money and start living a cheaper lifestyle, instead of buying things that I like, I'd rather really take a deep thought as to whether I really want it and whether it's something I'd use. I don't usually buy a lot but when I get attached to an item I usually end up buying it. Then since I love it so much I take extreme care of it and end up rarely using it.

With that said, what are some ways I can sell my stuff? My more expensive stuff, like:

-Performance mountain bike, it retailed for $700 or so, I copped for around $500 and now I'd like to let it go since I don't really use it
-Ipod touch 16gb 1st generation, jailbroke it and never really used it
-Some DS Nikes (special editions and stuff)
-Beats Solo headphones (once again, barely used)

So apart from ebay (which I hear is not good for the seller), where else can I sell safely? I'm looking into craigslist, any places would be appreciated. And if you post a good place, please include some tips/things to look out for.

Thanks everyone ahead of time, hopefully this can become a thread where people share tips on selling stuff and places to do so.

I've sold a lot of stuff through craigslist, start off high with your price and slowly work your way down if your item isn't selling. When you do a meetup have someone go with you don't go alone. 
NT is also a good place to sell stuff. 

craigslist for bike/ipod

nt for sneakers

good luck with the beats, so many knockoffs out there. ive been trying to sell my studios for a while now..

Thanks guys, I'm trying to get rid of my bike first just cause it's taking up space in the garage and I really don't use it, I'd like to get some quick cash for it.

I'm going to go with craigslist for that, how should I post it if I'm trying to get, say $500? Start it at $600 and say "or best offer"? And how can I use a phone number besides my cell so I don't get spam calls/put my number out there?

Originally Posted by kickstart

Pawn Shop?

fc815ab9aa0d7afc568387458431c2513a6f379.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

Thanks guys, I'm trying to get rid of my bike first just cause it's taking up space in the garage and I really don't use it, I'd like to get some quick cash for it.

I'm going to go with craigslist for that, how should I post it if I'm trying to get, say $500? Start it at $600 and say "or best offer"? And how can I use a phone number besides my cell so I don't get spam calls/put my number out there?

Google Voice and have the calls/texts forwarded to your phone

Like QueenCity said google voice. If you have a Iphone I use the TextNow app and have people text me at that number

Originally Posted by NycPosite

Like QueenCity said google voice. If you have a Iphone I use the TextNow app and have people text me at that number

Alright I'll get that, I'm using an Android phone so I'm sure I can find a free texting app.

@limonyfresh yeah I'm trying to do meetups if possible

@Executive76 they're mostly 10s I think

How should I price my items on craigslist?

you can sell the kicks on here, everything else on craigslist

or throw up some stuff on facebook, twitter etc and see if you get any bites

If you're looking to sell quickly, search for similar items and see how they are priced. Then take 10% off the lowest price item you find and use that as your price.

Get a google voice number and you'll be good

I'm kind of in the same boat.... I have old car parts ( grilles, wheel/tire sets) that are taking up a ton of space that I would like to sell. I am also looking to reduce the number of sneakers I own. I went on a spree a few years back and would like to get rid of some of the Jordan's and Nike's I purchased and rarely ever worn.

Craigslist seems ok for some of the stuff, but I would rather not for the sneakers. Craigslist seems like everyone tries to low ball you, even if you have a good product at a competitive price....people want another $50 off.

So, after doing a bit of searching, I am stumped. I am not permitted to sell on NT, ebay charges huge fees, and Craigslist is terrible for low ballers. If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate the help. The wife just called and said her speedometer stopped working on her car......hello unneeded auto bills!

Only take $20s when you do transactions between people. I had a guy give for 4 fake $50s. I filed a police report and the guy said he didn't know they were fake so he was home free

Back
Top Bottom