Weekly Wrestling Thread | Jan 1 - Smackdown - Beat The Clock Challenge - Happy New Year!

Tonight on ECW on Syfy, Land of the Extreme alum Evan Bourne and former ECW Champion Matt Hardy return for the ECW Homecoming, competing to determine who willface ECW Champion Christian for the title at Royal Rumble.

Tommy Dreamer posted the following in his WWE.com blog:
"I need to let everyone know that tomorrow night on ECW on SYFY at 10 o clock eastern, will be the last ECW episode of the decade. I am calling uponall the WWE Universe to start a massive internet campaign. If you have ever watched or watch ECW to tune in tomorrow night. Set your DVRs, tell a friend, sendemails, do what you got to do to spread the word. Tommy Dreamer is headed to the IZOD Center in New Jersey. I am going to go to the building that I have seenso many wrestling events as a kid. I am bringing my wrestling boots, because I am going to work. I am going to make the last episode of ECW this decade,Extreme!"

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

I wanted to ask this at the end of the year so I guess now is the time...

What are y'all Top 5 Matches for 2009?

I got (in no order):

HBK vs. Taker - Wrestlemania (well, this gets #1 on my list)
John Morrison vs. Rey Mysterio - Smackdown
Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio - (Extreme Rules or The Bash match, pick one)
Edge vs. John Cena - Backlash
Randy Orton vs. John Cena - Breaking Point (even though the end was sort of weak with Orton tapping out quick, the story told during the match by both guys and Orton's psychology was brilliant)

Can't believe I have Cena twice in a top 5 match list.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

This doesn't have to be exclusive to WWE so feel free to have TNA matches on your list.
nerd.gif
???

HBK vs. Taker at WM
CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy (Steel Cage Match)
MITB (I always love these)
I can't think of anything else that stood out really. HBK vs. HHH vs. Jericho at Survivor Series was great though. 1) I saw it live. 2) HBK's SweetChin Music to HHH at the bell was perfect and came out of nowhere.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

It's pretty bad that there is no one in ECW to challenge for the ECW Title.
Christian is now the longest reigning ECW Champion in WWE history. He has held the belt for 154 days which is two days longer than Big Show, whopreviously held the record of 153 days as Champion.

^ I just said the same thing before I refreshed the page 4w, took me by surprise.

ECW has been on the right road to the rumble, here's hoping Evan Bourne wins it and comes back to ECW so he has meaning again.

Originally Posted by hellaones

they should of had Zek turn face instead of Kozlov
I see it two ways.

If they actually wanted to turn one of them face, then it should have been Zek.

But, if they are more serious about pushing Zek, then keeping him with Regal for now is the better move.

I don't see Kozlov getting over as a face. He's another one I would expect to be released in 2010.

any update on what the rebranding of ecw will consist of?
The guy who has been coming up with the new PPV names will go to an old arcade and have an epiphany.

Catch WWE Wrestlefest Tuesdays at 10 only on SyFy

any update on what the rebranding of ecw will consist of?

I haven't heard anything new. I thought there would be more substantial news by now.

And now ECW can finally R.I.P.

Classy move that they are actually giving him some time to speak, even with the show running late.

Mention Paul E, c'mon.

Good way to go out in my opinion. You could tell he truly did care about the business and wasn't there for the fame or paycheck.

Back
Top Bottom