Weekly Wrestling Thread | Jan 1 - Smackdown - Beat The Clock Challenge - Happy New Year!

I was flipping through the tv a few mins. ago and they were showing a re-run of Raw.

Timbaland looks like a freakin' bowl of jello...dude is just standing there all wobbly and #%$$.

Bret Hart's return will definitely have me tuning in next week.

i just came in here to go
eek.gif
at bret harts return. i dont check this threadbut the hitman is my all-time favorite. the thread title got me hyped.

Why do I have the strongest feeling that HBK will come close to actually ending takers streak only to be screwed over by the special guest referee Bret Hart. Ifeel that in my veins

My guess is since TNA & WWE will air on the same night, WWE cannot lose to TNA so they bring brett back for a night.

Shawn turning heel would make perfect sense...saying bringing Bret is good for the company, he'll try and do something to Bret so that Vince gives him hismatch against Taker

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

I wanted to ask this at the end of the year so I guess now is the time...

What are y'all Top 5 Matches for 2009?

I got (in no order):

HBK vs. Taker - Wrestlemania (well, this gets #1 on my list)
John Morrison vs. Rey Mysterio - Smackdown
Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio - (Extreme Rules or The Bash match, pick one)
Edge vs. John Cena - Backlash
Randy Orton vs. John Cena - Breaking Point (even though the end was sort of weak with Orton tapping out quick, the story told during the match by both guys and Orton's psychology was brilliant)

Can't believe I have Cena twice in a top 5 match list.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

This doesn't have to be exclusive to WWE so feel free to have TNA matches on your list.
nerd.gif
???

Can't wait for ECW tonight. Raw was terrible last night. I mean the first 15 minutes of the program looked like it was going to be a special raw withJericho on the loudspeaker and the legacy confrontation. But nope it all went downhill after that. I hate to say it but Maryse (
eek.gif
) and Kelly Kelly (
eek.gif
)was my favorite match of the night. Vince and HBKs mic work just wasn't that great and the crowd ruined it for me with the whats. Timbaland was a HORRIBLEhost. Right up there with the small dude from austin powers. Miz didn't do anything spectacular and the wrestling was the @!%@+. DX clearly doesn'tcare about the titles since they know they are probably going to drop them soon. And Cena and Sheamus..well i'm only happy that Cena didn't win thetitle. But that was a lame match too.

My top five for 2009?

HBK vs. Taker-WM
Suicide vs Amazing Red vs Jay Lethal vs Alex Shelley vs Chris Sabin vs The Pope vs Consequences Creed vs Daniels-Hard Justice
Sting vs A.J. Styles-Bound for Glory
John Morrison vs. Rey Mysterio-Smackdown
Christian vs Jack Swagger-ECW

Originally Posted by DSK

What are ya'll top 5 matches for 2009?

-Cena/Edge/Mysterio/Y2J/Kane/Knoxs (Raw elimination chamber)
-Taker/HBK
-Amazing Red/Homicide/Daniels/Suicide/Shelly/Sabin
-Punk/Hardy (steel cage match)
-Y2J/Mysterio (mask v title)
-Sabin/Shelly for X-division title
-Red/Homicide (iMPACT)
-Austin Aries/???? ( i quit match)
(I need to check out more ROH)
-Suicide/Sabin/Shelly/Lethal/Creed (Ulimate-X)

too tough for me to narrow it down to just 5
laugh.gif

My Top 5:

HBK vs Taker (WM 25)
Mysterio vs Morrison for IC Title
Jericho vs Mysterio (The Bash)
Raw Elimination Chamber (No Way Out)
Edge vs Cena (Backlash)

Tommy Dreamer posted a new WWE Universe blog in which he announced that he will appear on tonight's WWE "ECW on Syfy" show. "I need to let everyone know that tomorrow night on ECW on SYFY at 10 o clock eastern, will be the last ECW episode of the decade," Dreamer wrote. "I am calling upon all the WWE Universe to start a massive internet campaign. If you have ever watched or watch ECW to tune in tomorrow night.

"Set your DVRs, telll a friend, send emails, do what you got to do to spread the word. Tommy Dreamer is headed to the IZOD Center in New Jersey. I am going to go to the building that I have seen so many wrestling events as a kid. I am bringing my wrestling boots, because I am going to work. I am going to make the last episode of ECW this decade, Extreme!" To read the full blog, visit WWE.com.

TNA has pulled the bios of Cody Deaner and Kip James from their website. You can view the current roster page at TNAwrestling.com.

Raw wasn't bad at all for a normal episode but to treat the last episode of the year like any normal one is pretty lame.

My top 5 matches of 2009:

The Undertaker vs HBK - Wrestlemania 25 (the atmosphere of this match was something I hadn't had in ages, watched it on TV with a friend who was rootingfor HBK and I was rooting for Taker, doesn't get any better than that with a match like this)

Jeff Hardy vs John Morrison - World Heavyweight Championship match on Smackdown (an incredible main event TV match that further proves Morrison has the abilityto be a main event guy and they need to start using him correctly)

Rey Mysterio vs John Morrison - Intercontinental Championship match on Smackdown (Another amazing TV match, it didn't matter that you knew Rey was droppingthe title due to the suspension, these two put on a great match)

Rey Mysterio vs Dolph Ziggler - Intercontinental Championship match at Summerslam (I loved this match and there was no better time to put the belt on Ziggler,was surprised and upset he didn't win it here, way more than any of his losses to Morrison)

Chris Jericho vs Ricky Steamboat at Backlash (I chose this over the Mania encounter because while it had more of an epic feel there, I feel this is the bettermatch. Steamboat was more impressive than anyone expected him to be and Jericho is an amazing worker as always. One of the best today vs one of the best ofyesterday was great to watch not once, but twice)

Back
Top Bottom