WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I think I got to maybe 2 or 3 episodes of agents of shield.. also never watched agent carter

5/8

i have thoughts lol

Way more jokes in this one - which leads to a lot more misses. The actual funny moments were hilarious but they were somethings that got ran into the ground. Not really a complaint, it happens from time to time w/e

Mantis is without a doubt my favorite character in this. It was a breath of fresh air to have someone so pure with these a-holes :lol:

Ego blends right in with the trash Marvel villains. Man was a god and got worked by Yondu for a while

I think the Ravengers suck and every moment spent with them is wasted screen time. They're just space pirates but in the most crude and uninteresting way. Didn't really like them in the first film and they're way worse in this one.

I feel like your level of enjoyment in this ultimately comes down to your connection with Yondu and it just wasn't there for me. He had moments and is a decent character but I never really meshed with him so the ending fell flat to me (and i've been too into those damn IW leaks, it's my own fault that i spoiled this for myself)

I've seen people complain about Baby Groot but he was cool. They just OD'd the scene where he had to Yondu's head piece but other than that it was fine.

That last fight where Star Lord was basically Green Lateran x Superman was really :x I guess you don't come to a Guardians film for the action

But overall I think this has the same strengths as the Star Trek films, even when the plot doesn't work you're still able to enjoy the ride because the cast is great and their chemistry is phenomenal

I'm going to peep it a few more times but probably not in theaters :nerd:

Last edited:
That last fight where Star Lord was basically Green Lateran x Superman was really sick.gif I guess you don't come to a Guardians film for the action

kind of confused with the power levels of these people too, I mean that part with Peter made sense but when Drax was being dragged by the ship through space and then being tossed and hit through the trees full speed as they crash and Gamora literally holding on to line holding him for practically the whole time and neither of them had any damage or injury was a "are you serious? really?" moment for me

Do Drax and gamorrah have any powers / abilities besides being green and being kinda strong and durable?

Drax is suppose to be pretty damn strong and able go toe to toe with the Hulk but he was completely nerfed in the first film.

He was created to kill Thanos so he shouldn't be getting easily slapped around by Ronan.

That last fight where Star Lord was basically Green Lateran x Superman was really sick.gif I guess you don't come to a Guardians film for the action

kind of confused with the power levels of these people too, I mean that part with Peter made sense but when Drax was being dragged by the ship through space and then being tossed and hit through the trees full speed as they crash and Gamora literally holding on to line holding him for practically the whole time and neither of them had any damage or injury was a "are you serious? really?" moment for me
It's like comics. they're as strong as they need to be at the given moment :rofl:

i've given up trying to make sense of that with Marvel films. i mean i guess you have to start beefing these guys power levels so it makes sense when they're fighting an omnipotent being in a year

I figured that because Peter was so close to his father, he was that strong. And now that his father died, he's just normal now

Drax is suppose to be pretty damn strong and able go toe to toe with the Hulk but he was completely nerfed in the first film.

He was created to kill Thanos so he shouldn't be getting easily slapped around by Ronan.
clear this up for me if you can because i'm shaky on his whole backstory

didn't that version of Drax get murked then basically an entirely new, less powerful Drax just popped up in Annihilation?

I figured that because Peter was so close to his father, he was that strong. And now that his father died, he's just normal now
Oh, no the powers and everything made complete sense to me it was just jarring. Felt like i got plucked into an entirely different film

clear this up for me if you can because i'm shaky on his whole backstory

didn't that version of Drax get murked then basically an entirely new, less powerful Drax just popped up in Annihilation?

I am just like most before the first GotG, aware of the team but not really into them to know the detail but I do remember him being pretty powerful and then got even more powerful when he lost some of his other powers and became less intelligent and even held the power gem for a while.

After Annihilation I think I did read that he has gotten weaker, but I am not sure exactly to what level, while regaining some of his other powers back like increased senses.

And Yooooo the first post credit scene might just be the funniest post credit scene of all the mcu [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Daughter and I loved it.

Fun ride and never a dull minute. Will post more later.

The un-age everyone 30 years is startin to get a little distracting now. Was crazy seein Snake Pliskin in 1980. :lol:

And Yooooo the first post credit scene might just be the funniest post credit scene of all the mcu [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
the Groot one >>>

Movie was awesome

The "he your father, but not your daddy" line was hilarious and sad at the same time. Great delivery.

I loved the intro. Partially, because I love ELO and Mr blue sky is one of my favorite songs from them.

Wish there was more action/ fight scenes. Yondu :pimp:

DOPE. Marvel has mastered COMIC book movies. Hands down. This was their weirdest and most entertaining movie yet. Can't wait for Ragnorok if this is the direction they're going in. The MCU is in safe hands with James Gunn.

Also saw shades of IW in this with EGO's powers. :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom