Were the Eggplant Foams worthy of the hype?

^^no doubt
pimp.gif

pics for your viewing pleasure....

only sneaker in the past couple of yrs that was worthy of the hype imo. I buy these whenever i get a chance too. I love them ..just got a ds sz 13 on ebay atretail two weeks ago.(no b-grades either)
pimp.gif

they should release a new colorway every february....make a tradition out of it

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Unfortunately, yes. That damn shoe ruined the way folks buy foamposites now.

Drove up the prices on all pairs, even though eggplants can be had for cheaper than most others now.

500+pages, nuf said.

Brought out a rack of folks who dissed foamposites before, but run around with team posite and team penny sigs, bamma please.

Vividly recall the moon boot chants from 06'.

From baltimore dopedealers to a reseller sneakers, i never would have saw it coming.

QFT

that pic had me syced to get them joints...they were an early valentine's gift from my girl [my fave girl to date n shoe as well, love 'em!]

seen them bamas on georgia ave rollin in packs rockin all the retro's out - freshwater griffs, gatorade's, penny II's...smh @ them clowns
smh.gif

on another note, Wale doin too much wit these damn early appearances of Nike heat!

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Originally Posted by eye see soles

I even thought they were better than the royals. Now, not so much.
"Hypebeast'++! 101" class in session.

smh.gif

When it comes to Nike b-ball shoes, its extremely rare when a "retro +" colorway beats what the athlete wore on the court to perform.

Folks come back to their senses sooner or later...
QFMFT

IMO...
all foams r beautiful~
n eggplant is one of my fav CWs...
so maybe they worth the hype?
i got mine with regular price... so i m ok with it

I'd say so, more than the pearl foam pros, and those were way more hyped, but I think that was just because it was a H.O.H. exclusive.

one of the best releases of the year. i had (just sold) my 07 royals because i really really like these more and am trying to downsize my bball collection.

YES.

but i didnt like the fact that it caused the mass hysteria for foams and driving the prices up.

I don't think any shoe is worthy of any hype... if you like it buy it.

It was a nice colorway for the Foam Ones though... I don't think those copper ones coming out early next year is nice... I'm going to pass on those.

Everything about this shoe was perfect being that I'm a huge Penny fan and purple is my favorite color.

I refuse to pay these hypebeast prices for a pair tho'.

Why do dudes have to compare sneakers or put down one versus the other.

It's a great sneaker, enjoy it

Back
Top Bottom