What are the benefits of joining the United States Army with a Degree?

name="StillJustBlaze" url="/t/652433/what-are-the-benefits-of-joining-the-united-states-army-
with-a-degree/30#post_26352339"]They would likely tell you to kindly **** off :lol:
All those old folk have been kind, never seen one upset even. The Vietnam guys are a little easier to talk to since they're younger and can kinda relate to certain modern topics.

Last edited:

That's ********. That's not what democracy is supposed to be about. It's not about "deal with it or get out", it's about our government not working the way it should and purposefully misleading its people.

Most Americans are just profoundly ignorant to the reality that is the military industrial complex. They think it's some sort of virtue to go out and support our troops support our armed forces when time and again our nation has gotten into conflict over unscrupulous, immoral reasoning.

Then there is a portion of Americans who know the truth yet support the military because it's either financially beneficial for them to do so OR they're just sadistic bastards who enjoy watching the world burn. The type of people who would like nothing more than to see the Middle East burn.

So miss me with the "deal with it or get out". No, that's not the premise of which our nation was founded on.

Last edited:
Most Americans are just profoundly ignorant to the reality that is the military industrial complex.

to be honest, we all are to some degree
none of us don't know where the money really comes from or goes with all the black budget programs and whatnot
and none of us know the full extent of said military industrial complex...eisenhower himself was not privy

Last edited:
I just find it hypocritical these all of a sudden holy warriors in here wanna pick and choose 

what type of evil doing they benefit from in this country as far as being a US citizen and some of the biggest consumers 

in the world.

What about those Nike shoes on your feet?

What about the gas you pump in your car?

Yall sure don't seem to have a problem with those benefits and how they are acquired.

Everyone wants to be an anti America revolutionary online but meanwhile live comfortably in the great luxuries and technological privileges of being a US citizen.

We are having this discussion on a damn forum called NikeTalk for bucks sake!

Some damn consumer sneaker heads wanna preach the whole evil doings of America crap....

Yea for some things we sure don't mind the USA's dirty work do we???

Yall funny!

Last edited:
to be honest, we all are to some degree
none of us don't know where the money really comes from or goes with all the black budget programs and whatnot
and none of us know the full extent of said military industrial complex...eisenhower himself was not privy

Sure and that's exactly the problem. Our military spending is out of control. We don't even know everything they're putting the money towards. Then we have to take care of generation of generation of veteran, many of who regret their service after seeing the reality of war because of a lack of transparency.

I don't understand how it's so casual for folks to be misled by our government like that. People lose lives, limbs and mental health. Marriages and families are destroyed. For what? Wars justified by false pretenses, outright lies and ulterior motives.

It happens every generation now, like clockwork. Nobody finds it unsettling that our economy depends on warfare? Our infrastructure and education systems are a mess, we're lagging in science and healthcare but Americans are led to believe that our way of life would cease to exist if we halved our military budget and stopped meddling with other countries affairs.

As if acting like thugs and murderers is going to convince other thugs and murderers to stop being thugs and murderers. 10/10 strong logic America.

That's ********. That's not what democracy is supposed to be about. It's not about "deal with it or get out", it's about our government not working the way it should and purposefully misleading its people.

Most Americans are just profoundly ignorant to the reality that is the military industrial complex. They think it's some sort of virtue to go out and support our troops support our armed forces when time and again our nation has gotten into conflict over unscrupulous, immoral reasoning.

Then there is a portion of Americans who know the truth yet support the military because it's either financially beneficial for them to do so OR they're just sadistic bastards who enjoy watching the world burn. The type of people who would like nothing more than to see the Middle East burn.

So miss me with the "deal with it or get out". No, that's not the premise of which our nation was founded on.
I agree with everything you said but I never said deal with it or get out did I????

I said either make a change and goals in your life for what you feel so strongly and passionate about or die a US Citizen who always hated the country they are buried in. Stand for it!!!! Have and raise kids elsewhere if you feel they are better off from this place.

Like alot of former Americans actually have done since slavery ended!

Get it straight there bud......you are giving a spill about things I actually agree with and been aware of.

Last edited:
I just find it hypocritical these all of a sudden holy warriors in here wanna pick and choose 
what type of evil doing they benefit from in this country as far as being a US citizen and some of the biggest consumers 
in the world.

Yall sure don't seem to have a problem with those benefits and how they are acquired.
Everyone wants to be an anti America revolutionary online but meanwhile live comfortably in the great luxuries and technological privileges of being a US citizen.
Some damn consumer sneaker heads wanna preach the whole evil doings of America crap....

Yall funny!
View media item 1526961

The false equivalency and strawman in is strong in this one, strong indeed.

Listen guy, I know you're a vet and its in your best interest to tell folks to just deal with it but let me be frank.

**** your gravy train b.

The false equivalency and strawman in is strong in this one, strong indeed.

Listen guy, I know you're a vet and its in your best interest to tell folks to just deal with it but let me be frank.

**** your gravy train b.
I feel what you're saying, but you know what empire you are gonna die in.

You can die angry or you can die happy....

Atleast you will die aware...

I agree with everything you said but I never said deal with it or get out did I????

I said either make a change and goals in your life for what you feel so strongly and passionate about or die a US Citizen who always hated the country they are buried in. Stand for it!!!! Have and raise kids elsewhere if you feel they are better off from this place.
Like alot of former Americans actually have done since slavery ended!

Get it straight there bud......you are giving a spill about things I actually agree with and been aware of.

No, because I believe this country can change. Perhaps not in my lifetime but maybe our children can live in a nation that can thrive without warfare.

I feel what you're saying, but you know what empire you are gonna die in.

You can die angry or you can die happy....

Atleast you will die aware...

Yes but if I leave I'd be teaching my kids to leave everytime they are confronted with a reality they don't like.

Can't do that. Canada has crossed my mind countless times but what happens if they start down the same path as America? What happens if their police forces start abusing their powers?

What then?

Gotta play the hand I got.

OP. I'm an Active Duty Navy Officer. I commissioned through Navy Officer Candidate School (OCS) and currently I'm an Lieutenant Junior Grade (O-2). I joined the Navy after I graduated from college in 2010. There are many benefits to joining as an officer. Obviously the pay is #1. As an O-2 with 3 years in I make more than a lot of people who have been enlisted for over a decade. When I first commissioned I made about $60k as an O-1 if you include BAH, BAS, salary, etc. and its even more if you're deployed Very few jobs for new college grads pay that much and offer the job security of the military. You immediately move into a managerial/supervisory role. Very few officers have physically demanding jobs, its mainly admin, planning, meetings, etc.
I recommend Navy because I don't like being shot at and the majority of our jobs are on ships. Underways and deployments can be very stressful and like any job it has its low points but it is very rewarding and you get to see many cool places other don't.
Civilian employers love former officers because you have your degree, years of work experience and managerial skills most young people don't have. On my ship I was a Division Officer and led over 40 people on a daily basis. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

No, because I believe this country can change. Perhaps not in my lifetime but maybe our children can live in a nation that can thrive without warfare.
Yes but if I leave I'd be teaching my kids to leave everytime they are confronted with a reality they don't like.

Can't do that. Canada has crossed my mind countless times but what happens if they start down the same path as America? What happens if their police forces start abusing their powers?

What then?

Gotta play the hand I got.
Real talk!

We all adapt to it in different ways...

I'm out to survive and enjoy this short life though and ensure my children do the same.

On the flip side I am aware of where I stand in this empire..evil or not...this is the empire in which I live.

Survival first

Joining the military after obtaining a degree is moving backwards.

Not at all. Especially not as an officer. At my last command we have Harvard, Stanford and other elite school grads. How do you think these guys become Admirals/Generals and advise the President, Secretary of State, etc? It's a very rewarding and financially lucrative career path. Navy is gonna pay for my grad school, I'm gonna transfer my GI bill onto my kids and I'll retire w/ a 50k/year pension when I'm 45 if I stay in for a career. It's not bad if you can handle moving around and deploying

Actually, you did.

sugafree said:
If you don't like it tough.....move to another country.

If you feel America is the the most vile evil despicable country in the world and you just can't stand living here....work towards a goal of surrendering your passport
and all of your modern day American citizen freedoms/luxuries/lifestyle and move to another country.

It's really that simple....

But that doesn't bother me. I voiced my opinion and it got your panties in a bunch. You're free to have your opinion on the matter, it's just when you try to **** on mine and then lie to clean up your own that I feel the need to say something.

I'm not leaving the country that my ancestors built and fought for just because it's not perfect. Miss me with that bs.

Last edited:
Actually, you did.
But that doesn't bother me. I voiced my opinion and it got your panties in a bunch. You're free to have your opinion on the matter, it's just when you try to **** on mine and then lie to clean up your own that I feel the need to say something.

I'm not leaving the country that my ancestors built and fought for just because it's not perfect. Miss me with that bs.
I did **** on yours...but now I see what you were getting at.

Apologies

Real talk!
We all adapt to it in different ways...
I'm out to survive and enjoy this short life though and ensure my children do the same.
On the flip side I am aware of where I stand in this empire..evil or not...this is the empire in which I live.
Survival first

Here's the flaw in that mentality. Empires fall, every single empire in human history has fallen at one point or another.

We keep going on the way we're going we too shall fall. The only way we prevent that is to stop looking in the world in the context of empires and nations and instead as a singular society.

We must do away with the imaginary lines in the sand. Not easy, quite airy fairy an ideal but it's the only way our species will ever survive.

Else we are fated to destroy ourselves.

Last edited:
I like doing my one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer. I don't give a **** on what anybody thinks about the Millitary half the time I can't stand the **** ,but I be damn if someone compares it to welfare. I never been deployed in my 7 years in so far. But I have had a lot of battle buddies who have and came back ****** up in the head. Some do it for that VA check. Then majority of them have seen some super ****** up ****. Regardless of your opinion of the Millitary or U.S you can atleast respect the folks. Who did what they did.

Because I am sure as hell not putting my life on the line for none of y'all mofos. I really join just for them to pay back my student loans , as well get low interest VA loan that I use to buy my nice 5 bedroom house. So thank you taxs payers .

Here's the flaw in that mentality. Empires fall, every single empire in human history has fallen at one point or another.

We keep going on the way we're going we too shall fall. The only way we prevent that is to stop looking in the world in the context of empires and nations and instead as a singular society.

We must do away with the imaginary lines in the sand. Not easy, quite airy fairy an ideal but it's the only way our species will ever survive.

Else we are fated to destroy ourselves.
Yea that sounds great...but I think you are holding human beings to too high of an expectation.

Those lines will never go away.....unless....

Last edited:
in the world.

Yall funny!
View media item 1526961

this is that real talk.

may not square with everyone's person ethical vantage point, but when it comes to da spoils of war and treasure, i rather be on winning side, then not.

so if da United States gotta level a few thousand towns and wipe em off da map so i can enjoy my wifi, smartphone, A/C, fresh gear & kicks and not missing a meal..thats just something imma reconcile in my mind.

there's alot of bloodshed to make this Country pop, and alot of bloodshed to continue to keep it up to snuff.

this isn't new though, all those beautiful marble statues of greek and roman gods were commissioned & financed by da spoils of war.

Ok, I'll take the bait and continue with the complete derailing of this thread. This may sound mean crass or insensitive but the reality of the world is this: There has never in human history been a hegemon or empire whose hands are clean. None. Not the Romans, not Brits, not the Mongols. Even looking throughout history at the regional powers you'll see that they've done absolutely heinous things to one another. The US gets a lot of flack because we're the top dogs now but every empire has done what we have in one way or another to gain or maintain power. Not justifying it, just staying facts.

Back
Top Bottom