What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

Fiancee told me with the new bottles I was required to clear some space on the bar cart :lol: So finishing up a handle of Evan Williams BiB and Smooth Ambler Old Scout. Probably just gonna move to Buffalo Trace after that.

Meanwhile she's passed out on the couch after three dirty martinis...so I'm just finishing these bottles and watching The Last Dance. Slept on it hard, just started episode 1 about 20 minutes ago.

Fiancee told me with the new bottles I was required to clear some space on the bar cart :lol: So finishing up a handle of Evan Williams BiB and Smooth Ambler Old Scout. Probably just gonna move to Buffalo Trace after that.

Meanwhile she's passed out on the couch after three dirty martinis...so I'm just finishing these bottles and watching The Last Dance. Slept on it hard, just started episode 1 about 20 minutes ago.
Drinking some EW BiB myself

What's a better tasting and more classy Hennessy?

Thots love it but I can't deal with it need alternatives

What's a better tasting and more classy Hennessy?

Thots love it but I can't deal with it need alternatives
I've only ever had Hennessy and Dusse, so can't provide much. Personally thought Dusse was better but know others who felt the opposite.

Just ball out and get that Louis XIII.

Definitely eyeing any suggestions though because I quite liked cognac. Also kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc keep that Louis for yourself and give thots the cheaper stuff obviously.

Last edited:
picked up this bottle of natural wine this morning

Yetti and the Kokonut - B’Rose

782A761C-E729-4063-97A6-AD9202B1CB69.jpeg

Hit a nice little lick. Now I’m truly done buying anything for a while unless it’s a unicorn. I’m stocked all the way up. Blanton’s store picks. BT is also a store pick. Both EC’s are C919. EHT Rye and Small Batch.
A4EFD481-10A2-4A91-AF0F-89F6D99C8520.jpeg
Not too familiar with store picks, does it mean the store samples the barrels beforehand and selects the best ones?

It's interesting to me, seems similar to the independent bottlers in Europe. Only they buy the barrel and bottle it themselves and slap their own label on it. So each barrel turns into a completely separate release.

Not too familiar with store picks, does it mean the store samples the barrels beforehand and selects the best ones?

It's interesting to me, seems similar to the independent bottlers in Europe. Only they buy the barrel and bottle it themselves and slap their own label on it. So each barrel turns into a completely separate release.
Correct... Some a very similar to the regular release but others are wildly different... Don’t get a ton on my side of town but Detroit area seems to be flooded with them

Correct... Some a very similar to the regular release but others are wildly different... Don’t get a ton on my side of town but Detroit area seems to be flooded with them
Interesting concept. The distillers must keep a number of high quality barrels for themselves to ensure they don't get stuck with the worst barrels for the regular release.
Buying single barrel bourbon seems like a lottery sometimes :lol:

Riesling is always my go to for wine. Also there;s a local NY beer from Bull and Barrell and its Honey Blueberry and its amazing! As far as liquor i've been doing a lot of Henny and Redbull lately

Hennessy privilege is the better and classier Hennessy it’s a step up from the standard bottle.

I drink mostly cognac when I drink hard liquor and was never a fan of dusse

E8BBB4F8-0C92-4080-B36D-A796F0E4A8E6.jpeg

I saw this posted on Reddit. I am kinda excited for this. I like the 101 Rye, and I had RR SiB Rye at the distillery, but I don’t see the SiB around me. It’s like an hour away, unfortunately. Hopefully, this lands at a store around me.
If I see this and/or the WT 17yr BiB, I am buying them.

Going out to Firestone & Robertson Distilling Co. tomorrow morning to pick up a couple bottles of TX Barrel Proof whiskey (their 2nd ever release of it).

Thank God the fiancee is out of town this weekend so I can find somewhere to hide the new bottles (or finish a few of them along with several cigars) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom