What are your thoughts on "camping"?

Originally Posted by super23freak

I hate, HATE mosquitos. 
So I never camp.

laugh.gif
...but yea, no camping...time is too precious for that...

Pays to have nephews in High school...Lol..give 'em a little bit of cheddar or buy 'em a game and I'm set...especially for the XI releases...

I've been lucky so far i have only had to camp one time, wc ivs and when i was in line i was able to score another pair for me and my buddy on the phone. so were lined up all night knowing that we had another pair on lock. I would say that its only worth it if that is the only way that you can guarantee to get your shoe. I would rather stand in line for 8hrs than pay those crazy resale prices even though my $ per hour margin tells me that it is not worth it. there is just something to be said about earning your shoe at retail or below.

Well now days you literally have to camp for every dam release if you want a pair

Longest I've camped was for the All Star Pack.
That was 16hrs. I work M-TH so thursday night and friday I am able to camp or whatever.
Downfall with that time was they "shipped the shoes back" so none of the ASG pack actually released.
It's different for everyone. I met some cool sneakerheads that I camp w/frequently with now.
I love doing it. I hate when it's chaotic and a mad dash for the door or when large groups come at a time..

stressful and tiring. i dont know how people can camp out for a week. and its annoying to see peole by multiple pairs to resell and you cant get your own.smh.

Last time I camped was a joke, It was the WC IVs. Me and a buddy went 3 hours before to this new spot just to make sure we got a pair since NDC was terrible. It was 20 degrees out and we were the only 2 people there until 10 minutes before the store opened and even then there was only 5 of us....needless to say we all got our pairs but I wasted 3 hours smh

What defines camping tho? I mean is lining up 3-4 hours considered camping? I've never waited more than 3 hours before a store opened to get shoes. Sleeping at the spot seems crazy to me.

Originally Posted by JumpmanPro97

What defines camping tho? I mean is lining up 3-4 hours considered camping? I've never waited more than 3 hours before a store opened to get shoes. Sleeping at the spot seems crazy to me.

I wouldn't call that camping.
What I think of when camping, is like lining up for shoe 6+ hours or more.

Think getting to the spot at midnight if its an 7am-8am release, or about 6 or earlier, if its a midnight release.

I don't camp out. It's just silly. I have better things to do with my time than sit out in the cold.

It will be eliminated in more and more places. The malls are cracking down on this. Too many people pissing in public, throwing trash on ground, breaking doors & windows, being disrespectful.
The more this happens the less camping will be allowed.

If you arrive at the store 3 hours before it opens and form your own line, does that count as camping?

^^^plus the snobby #%% tricks in the line they kill me with there whining and false information im good ill drop coin if i have to or if i dont cop i dont cop i rather hunt down og's anyways

I think camping is always fun and leaves a great memory when wearing the shoe. It def gives me a sentimental value when ever i look at shoes I waited for in the cold!

Originally Posted by BuyMeJordans

I think camping is always fun and leaves a great memory when wearing the shoe. It def gives me a sentimental value when ever i look at shoes I waited for in the cold!

This if it's orderly and especially when everyone gets their pairs 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom