What do you guys think of Frat's?

Share all relevant information.
I was thinking about joining one next year, but I don't know it seems like some weird cult stuff.
I just want to know what the stuff is really like.

Never liked it. All act as if they are too cool for anyone or anything else.

It's just paying for friends, at least that's how I see it.

If you want the connections and hook ups that can come from a good frat then go for it.

But IMO, Fraggots are the worst ever. I think they are a bunch of DBAGS who pay for friends, again, this is just my opinion.

if you want to pay to have douche bag friends ..that constantly talk about their family's money or want to pay to have a network with ample opportunity's to have employment after you graduate..then do it.

i think it depends on where you go to school OP.  i know some kids who were in frats at rutgers and penn state and the houses they lived in were absolute dumps.  on the other hand, i know some guys who went to auburn and udel and had incredible mansions for a frathouse, complete with media rooms, cooks, maids, etc.  keep in mind, dues are crazy high for some frats, and you have to be cool with your brothers even if you wouldn't choose them to be your friend outside of a frat.

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

yup thats how i feel about it.

i kick it wit my boys in frat and i get the same privilege as them, go to frat parties and all that *#%%

white frats= bunch of drinking and douche bags hanging together

black frats= bunch of slave rituals and douche bags hanging together

Just join a gang, you still get drunk with your new buddies, but with the added bonus of shooting/killing innocent bystanders.

Yep, people change when they join a frat too.  My boy don't even hang out with his high school friends anymore.  He only hangs out with his frat boys. 

Yep, people change when they join a frat too.  My boy don't even hang out with his high school friends anymore.  He only hangs out with his frat boys. 

LOL i would never join a frat....but some of the people I know in some aren't all too bad.

Is a cult? Yes.
Do they do good things for community? Yes.
I'm in one, but I no longer affiliate myself with it.

A couple friends I knew from HS went to another college and joined a frat. They were cool people back then and still cool now. So are their brothers. I got treated like one of them when I went to their parties. It really depends on the school and the people.

I do personally know some other dudes that joined just to be "cool."

Depends on the frat and university/college. I went to commuter school (CUNY) and the two frats were pretty lame. One even tried to have a step team or some nonsense. Eh, to each their own.

at least rush one, you can get free drinks for a few weeks. there's a rush process so you can know what it's like before making any commitment

This is an original topic.

The answer is that it depends. A few summers ago I was at an academic seminar, with people from around the country and the pattern that I saw was that people from the Midwest and South almost all join frats and only a portion of students on the coasts do so.

In California and the North East, most Campuses are in big cities and/or very pleasant coastal cities and their is a lot to do and there is a vibrant social scene on and off campus and I do think that in those situations, the stereotypical d-bag is attracted to fraternity life. On the other hand, most Southern and Midwest schools are in the middle of no where and there is nothing to do so it makes sense to join a frat because they make things happen in term of having some fun.

if you want to slay to baddest girls at my school (SDSU) you need to be in a top frat.

In my experience, the finest girls are pretty much in sororities or frequent the frat parties.
Before my frat got kicked off campus, it was pretty fun.

Originally Posted by imsojayded

white frats= bunch of drinking and douche bags hanging together

black frats= bunch of slave rituals and douche bags hanging together
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Just join a gang, you still get drunk with your new buddies, but with the added bonus of shooting/killing innocent bystanders.

Back
Top Bottom