What happened to yall dressin better cats??...

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Dress appropriately for the occasion and dead the pretenses. OXFORDS AND BOAT SHOES DO NOT GET YOU SNATCH. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

Dress appropriately for the occasion and dead the pretenses. OXFORDS AND BOAT SHOES DO NOT GET YOU SNATCH. 
pimp.gif
word, i was at a concert tonight and saw a dude dressed business casual. like bro half us are rolling geeked up in and you just hopped out a gap ad.

i keep it simple with some cargos and a fitted w/ vans.  idc kanye hates cargos, i hate him.

the dressing better trend did not fade, maybe on niketalk it did
I've seen dudes walking around campus in boat shoes, penny loafers, boots, rolled up pants
sick.gif
etc. and I'm in Cali
Some of the younger generation has adopted the style, I see nothing wrong with it as long as the situation calls for it.
There is no need to wear this type of attire to school, to go grocery shopping etc.

Originally Posted by picknroll24

I've seen dudes walking around campus in boat shoes, penny loafers, boots, rolled up pants
sick.gif
etc. and I'm in Cali
Some of the younger generation has adopted the style, I see nothing wrong with it as long as the situation calls for it.
There is no need to wear this type of attire to school, to go grocery shopping etc.
thank you, and what kills me is these fools are wearing this to do the most basic things.  you're not killing it because you have boat shoes on.  i can do that too, i just don't want to look like a tool while i'm going to the hardware store.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by picknroll24

sick.gif
etc. and I'm in Cali
thank you, and what kills me is these fools are wearing this to do the most basic things.  you're not killing it because you have boat shoes on.  i can do that too, i just don't want to look like a tool while i'm going to the hardware store.
laugh.gif

Probably had their Internet service canceled when they went broke trying to outdo one another buying $800 belts, $600 socks and $200 shoe laces.

For real though... Its Summer... Its hot...   Wool knits and leathers... not a good look this time of year. They'll be back when the temp drops.

Probably had their Internet service canceled when they went broke trying to outdo one another buying $800 belts, $600 socks and $200 shoe laces.

For real though... Its Summer... Its hot...   Wool knits and leathers... not a good look this time of year. They'll be back when the temp drops.

We got guys in their 20's dressing in boat shoes but they still don't know that they look foolish with tattoo "sleeves". 
When I see a person on Facebook wearing Sperry's and showing off a new tattoo that covers their whole damn arm, neck, etc. I just have to 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Savraj1

We got guys in their 20's dressing in boat shoes but they still don't know that they look foolish with tattoo "sleeves". 
When I see a person on Facebook wearing Sperry's and showing off a new tattoo that covers their whole damn arm, neck, etc. I just have to 
laugh.gif
uhhh, people have had tattoos forever.  i have a sleeve, don't laugh at me bro.
frown.gif

laugh.gif
They can go well when done properly. Shoutout to my guy Moon.

It would be ridiculous to have some hood tattoos with flames coming from stacks of money and stuff while rocking corduroys though,
laugh.gif

MPLS, If you like it, more power to yourself. But I am willing to bet that in the future just like how people are now embracing preppy clothes over XXL clothes, tattoos will also be thrown by the wayside.

MPLS, If you like it, more power to yourself. But I am willing to bet that in the future just like how people are now embracing preppy clothes over XXL clothes, tattoos will also be thrown by the wayside.
they are americana and japanese, not trendy tattoos like tribal and such.  it's cool, i came to the conclusion when i'm that old i'll have bigger fish to fry anyway, like dropping a duece in my pants at ihop. 

tattoos aren't for everyone though, and yes these young bucks banging surenos will regret the face tattoos sooner than later.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Don't agree with that AT ALL.
You got 50 year old conservative white dudes that wear essentially the same thing.

Levis, kicks, a t shirt and sports apparel have been the basis of casual American menswear since the 50's.

I'm probably older than you and have NO PROBLEM rocking denim, kicks and sports wear and bagging mature professional women. My last girl was 8 years older than me and an accountant.

The problem is dudes don't know how to switch it up...of course you don't go to a wedding reception in a snapback and white tee...most sensible people know that.

But too many "dressing better" cats will go to a pool hall wearing Oxfords and a bow tie. Straight d bag status.

When you're on casual time you can dress however you please, regardless of age, as long as it tasteful and suits your personality. But so many of new dudes TRY to look "mature" when they're barely scratching 30 and end up looking silly. Dudes are walking around my school with red bowties and pink slacks like they're really doing it...there are tons of mature working women prowling the campuses...and they get NO BURN. 

Your attire is part of your identity and 25 - 33 y/o cats really need to stop dressing like 70 year old retirees. This is a new phenomenon. People always sought to stay young fresh and original as long as possible. Now dude turn 25 and morph into Mr. Rogers.

I hear you on older people wearing basic t, jeans and converses.  However, you'll notice, how they wear it is a difference.  Take out the "urban" aspect of it, and it's a different story.  You'll notice the jeans are more fitted, the shirt is a bit more fitted and there's no snapback.  People dressing conservatively isn't an issue to me, what does look ridiculous is that Young Dro look where people are taking conservative clothing and trying to make it look far more urban that it really is.  That is an ideal candidate for "trying too hard" 
You mentioned "dudes walking around my school".  Possibly, you could be talking about grad school, or undergrad (I'm guessing you're in Uni and not high school), either way, I mentioned that the majority of people in that DB thread are most likely in the corporate world (i.e out of school already).

You can say all that you want about what women want, but remember it's all about your location, age group, what city, country or area you're in.  I don't know where everyone in the dressing better thread lives, but personally, I don't live in the states.  So you "barely scratching 30" wearing snapbacks, baggier denim and a white tee, won't get you love from the women around here.  But best believe Oxfords and Boat shoes will.  It all depends on your market.  There are plenty of older women who might find that attractive, but many who don't. 

Also don't forget, just cause a woman has a good job like an accountant, doesn't mean she's mature, it just means she graduated and got a job.

Lastly, let them boys cook...if you want to dress like Breezy and Tyga, and you get love from birds around your way.  By all means...do your thing...if cats want to wear skinny red pants, navy blue sweaters and brown loafers and they're getting love from birds around them...let em live...

(apologies for the thesis)

That's a poor bet. Tattoos are becoming more and more engrained and accepted within cultures everywhere. The Japanese are starting to accept tattoos for $%$%! sake
laugh.gif
Tattoos aren't going anywhere, they're not a trend, like MPLS said tattoos have been around forever.

^ Okay, I admit I was reaching, but I believe that this tattoo phase that is going on right now will lose steam for lack of better words.

it already has, i'd say the face tattoos have toned down a bit from last year or so. i would never get anything i couldn't cover just because i get sick of talking about then. but i'd say the reckless tattoos have toned down a notch for sure. i don't really care, since mine aren't trashy. but i am glad for the sake of humanity dudes aren't getting 6 point stars and ice cream cones tattood on their faces anymore.

I would like to say that i am an avid poster in the dressing better thread currently.  i help drop advice that i've learned over the years and post pics of my fits as well.  that being said, i am a 20 year old undergrad.  Not saying that the sneaker phase in my life is completely dead, but dressing better cats do it to be different.  When i go out to parties and see everybody, especially the white boy bro's also wearing snapbacks/gshocks/jordans, i am glad to know that that part of my life is over.  now don't get it twisted, i am not trying to wearing a tie everyday of the week but along with learning to dress better, you step up your game in many facets of everyday life.  I know when it comes to throwing on a suit, i have one of the best fitting ones in the room.  doesn't mean i'm going to wear it in any occasion but the tips learned from that thread really are applicable to day to day wear too.  Most days i find myself in a tshirt and jeans/chinos but how is me wearing sperrys trying to hard?  i look at them as just plain casual shoes.  To the "db dudes"rocking the red/blue/green joints with the matching bow tie, off yourself.  you ruin it for the rest of us.  that being said, dudes like tyga/chrisbrown/wiz are being emulated by most young people i know.  if they wanna be tatted/snapbacked out, ima let that boy cook but that's for them. 
tired.gif

I got a question. If you are wearing addias pants or shirts its mandatory that you have on shell toes now??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

How is that trying too hard, minus the gasmask?
A varsity jacket, plain with tee, fitted cap and the most basic sneakers possible.

What is indicative of someone trying too hard with this outfit...Please enlighten me?
Because once you reach a certain age, it'll look like you're trying to hard to keep up with young urban trends. 
I'm not even kidding, once you start attending mature places (wine bars, 30th & 40th birthday parties, lounges etc), and start coming across mature women, you'll see how fast that Tyga and Breezy look, looks immature. 

Don't take it as offence.  Just like younger cats who go to certain clubs/places can dress like that picture, and get a lot of love, but if a dude comes with the "after work drinks" look, he'll look silly in that camp. 

It's really just all about what circles you run in, and what stage of you are in life.

Don't agree with that AT ALL.
You got 50 year old conservative white dudes that wear essentially the same thing.

Levis, kicks, a t shirt and sports apparel have been the basis of casual American menswear since the 50's.

I'm probably older than you and have NO PROBLEM rocking denim, kicks and sports wear and bagging mature professional women. My last girl was 8 years older than me and an accountant.

The problem is dudes don't know how to switch it up...of course you don't go to a wedding reception in a snapback and white tee...most sensible people know that.

But too many "dressing better" cats will go to a pool hall wearing Oxfords and a bow tie. Straight d bag status.

When you're on casual time you can dress however you please, regardless of age, as long as it tasteful and suits your personality. But so many of new dudes TRY to look "mature" when they're barely scratching 30 and end up looking silly. Dudes are walking around my school with red bowties and pink slacks like they're really doing it...there are tons of mature working women prowling the campuses...and they get NO BURN. 

Your attire is part of your identity and 25 - 33 y/o cats really need to stop dressing like 70 year old retirees. This is a new phenomenon. People always sought to stay young fresh and original as long as possible. Now dude turn 25 and morph into Mr. Rogers.

Word to all of this.
Dudes be running around my campus in skinny fit khakis, oxfords, bowties, button up's, etc just to go to class 
laugh.gif
. Then want to talk about some "I'm to grown to be buying jeans and sneakers"  Fool you JUST got old enough to legally sit at a bar 6 months ago, have a seat.

For the record I've seen plenty of attractive, 9-5 job having women between 25-40 with dudes that are wearing a white tee/polo, levis and foamposites

Originally Posted by Pinoy732

I would like to say that i am an avid poster in the dressing better thread currently.  i help drop advice that i've learned over the years and post pics of my fits as well.  that being said, i am a 20 year old undergrad.  Not saying that the sneaker phase in my life is completely dead, but dressing better cats do it to be different.  When i go out to parties and see everybody, especially the white boy bro's also wearing snapbacks/gshocks/jordans, i am glad to know that that part of my life is over.  now don't get it twisted, i am not trying to wearing a tie everyday of the week but along with learning to dress better, you step up your game in many facets of everyday life.  I know when it comes to throwing on a suit, i have one of the best fitting ones in the room.  doesn't mean i'm going to wear it in any occasion but the tips learned from that thread really are applicable to day to day wear too.  Most days i find myself in a tshirt and jeans/chinos but how is me wearing sperrys trying to hard?  i look at them as just plain casual shoes.  To the "db dudes"rocking the red/blue/green joints with the matching bow tie, off yourself.  you ruin it for the rest of us.  that being said, dudes like tyga/chrisbrown/wiz are being emulated by most young people i know.  if they wanna be tatted/snapbacked out, ima let that boy cook but that's for them. 
tired.gif

Sometimes trying to be different comes off as just being corny rather it's just dressing better or dressing down.

I Dress for the occasion point blank. Whatever is comfortable and what I'm feeling with wearing is what I go with.
Oh and for ya'll dudes who believe a certain woman would be deterred to talk to you b/c of the sneaker you wear.. Shame

The dressing better thread is informative but many seem to take it to another level - It's suppose to be a place of advice and tips on trying new styles. Unfortunately it also has underlying levels of competition and one-upmanship - People forget that style is about comfort and accepting who you are. Far too many people seem to judge one another in the thread.
Dressing a certain way for others to like you (yes women as well) - it's pointless and will leave you feeling insecure and...well broke. I personally feel there should be a thread called dressing comfortably. This means dressing how you want, while living a lifestyle you have chosen for yourself- and the best methods of aligning the 2.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by Pinoy732

tired.gif

Sometimes trying to be different comes off as just being corny rather it's just dressing better or dressing down.

This.  Did dude up there just say he dresses better to be different?  That's just as corny as any trend-hopper 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom