What if you made a Facebook event...

And asked all of your "friends" to donate $1 to you via PayPal? One dollar really isn't anything to most people, but the total sum would beoutrageous. I've asked myself quite a few times if anybody would actually do it, and what I would do with the money.

Of course it wouldn't be used for myself, but what about adopting a family for the holiday season? Everyone could feel like part of something good for aslittle as $1

there have been partys like this, but with a myspace vs facebook theme....Imagine if someone packed a venue with all these weirdos....that would really bringin some $

all the hockey players have rent parties.

they have a DJ have a wet bar and sell drinks and shots and 5 a cup for the kegs.

they have a party 2-3 times a month and all the money goes to the dj/alc/rent and bills.

they have yet to pay rent with their own money yet. and their parties be poppin. its like a club in a house party
laugh.gif

Ask for $1.03 so you get a full dollar. Is paypal still charging 3% or has it changed?

i thought the topic was gonna be...

"what if you made a facebook event...and the confirmed guest didnt look encouraging"

i just started a FB page, so i wouldnt even get 100 bucks
laugh.gif
and thats if everyone donated. had thousands of myspace friends when that was poppin tho

see the problem is that all your friends would have to have a paypal and they would have to have money in their account in my opinion to even consider doingit.

Well, PayPal only takes a couple minutes to set up and comes in handy when buying things online...so if people don't have one it wouldn't be too muchof a burden to make one.

And I know probably about 96% of the people on my friends list, so it wouldn't be like giving $1 to a stranger.

I made it into a status and the response has been oddly positive. I've always wanted to adopt a family for the holidays but have never had near enoughmoney. The website said that each family only gets to do it once, MAYBE twice in their lifetime so if I did it I'd like to have enough to really make itspecial.

Maybe I'm just coming up with weird ideas cause I haven't slept in a while, but I think it would be a nice feeling to be part of the giving, and for afamily to know a ton of people made a small effort to give them a great holiday

i wouldnt give anyone money on myspace or facebook...even if it was for a good cause...

i'd rather do it for an org on campus or the santa outside wal mart...

Back
Top Bottom