What is a Hypebeast?

I've observed that a lot of people who try too hard to not be hypebeasts create a sort of paradox where they still are one. Like saying "I'm going to only wear asics because everyone else is wearing Jordans." Everyone starts to develop this mindset and the trend starts and a cycle continues.

Last edited:
okay, I got the screenshot to end this all!

2w1thxx.png

Why cant you get repped??
He ain't about dat life anymore.
what he said :wow:
I've observed that a lot of people who try too hard to not be hypebeasts create a sort of paradox where they still are one. Like saying "I'm going to only wear asics because everyone else is wearing Jordans." Everyone starts to develop this mindset and the trend starts and a cycle continues.
maybe you should stop worrying about other people :\

Last edited:
what everyone in here is missing is that you can wear anything you want...if you're wearing it because you like how it looks. you're not a hypebeast. like c'mon, soon nobody will be able wear anything the way y'all talkin. :lol:

also, who cares why you wear it? if you look at yourself in the mirror and are satisfied, you've succeeded.

Last edited:
I use them to listen to music. Everywhere.

Why should I leave my music at home because I'm buying socks?

Now wearing them around your neck like clothes is different.

By all means using them for what they're intended for is fine.

I've literally seen dudes wearing them without the cord hooked up to his phone while he was texting someone. The cord was tucked into his pocket still. So I guess he didn't want it in the port while he was just texting or something, but he was looking like a damn fool.

You can clearly tell when someone is using their headphones for what they're for and who wants them JUST to look cool. It's usually those 16-19 year olds stuck on IG flexin'.

what everyone in here is missing is that you can wear anything you want...if you're wearing it because you like how it looks. you're not a hypebeast. like c'mon, soon nobody will be able wear anything the way y'all talkin. :lol:

also, who cares why you wear it? if you look at yourself in the mirror and are satisfied, you've succeeded.

People like that are fine. It's the fact that most of these dudes DON'T wear stuff because they like it, they wear it because they like how it looks on other men and the attention that they gain from it.

That's such a stupid way to live your life. You don't have to make your own style, but don't dress head to toe literally trying to impersonate the next man. That's just CORNY.

Last edited:
I have an acquaintance  who tries so hard to buy things that no one has just to be different. Doesnt even care if he likes it as long as its different bc he doesnt want hypebeasts wearing what he's got..

mean.gif

I can't wear in ear headphones by the way my inner ear is shaped b, they either don't fit or fall out. I always have worn over the ear headphones.

Shut up.

And what is the difference between one wearing beats and one wearing Bose? Both have high prices and high quality?
laugh.gif
One has ishload of hs kids and college kids wearing them for the wrong reasons. Bose doesnt have that. Young people rather rock beats over bose. Thats why  hypebeasts wear them they're endorsed by rappers and their popular. Nobody was rocking them in 07 when they dropped.

Charles you're not a hypebeast,good god man. Its ok to have popular/trendy things and not be a hypebeast.

Hypebeast- wearing trendy things without regard to actually liking said product,usually has a sheep mentality.

Also has a common uniform,cant dress for themselves.

Bottom line,wear what you like,even if its trendy. 

People like that are fine. It's the fact that most of these dudes DON'T wear stuff because they like it, they wear it because of how they like how it looks on other men and the attention that they gain from it.

That's such a stupid way to live your life. You don't have to make your own style, but don't dress head to toe literally trying to impersonate the next man. That's just CORNY.

agreed. and that's what a hypebeast is imo. so just the brand slander is silly. Beats don't make a hypebeast. Niether do the Space Jams, Yeezy's, Supreme, etc.

That's like emo kids who go all goth or whatever to be different... yet... they're still part of a large group of people

Same thing goes for hipsters. They don't want society to dictate their fashion, yet they do the opposite of current trends which is letting society dictate their style in itself.

It's no different then cats back in the '90s wearing Girbauds, Cross Colors, Starter jackets and those HBCU hoodies. I'm pretty sure it passed down from generation to generation

Last edited:
Yea big dude need to stop following trends that ain't made for his body and need to realize he got a pear shape lol

I love those Hypebeast images. I just can't believe it's been going on since 2005. I remember when this all started to go down. :smh:

Here in the DMV everyone jumped on the ******** bandwagon after we got RG3 and had that winning streak last season

Claim to be Skins fans but have never been to FedExField

Hypebeast to me

Also call them Nomad Fans

dude was wearing a givency (sp?) shirt at a local bar.... idk if it was real or not but a tuesday night at a bar... cmon son

Back
Top Bottom