What It's Like To Be In An Interracial Relationship - A Dating Thread

Word, i know some ugly biracial people so that biracial babies crap is bs, it's sad how most african american men don't claim they're african american women. African AmericanWomen have to understand that an oppressed man can't always give them materialistically what a well off, or "1 percenter" of the can. Any African American man that has never felt the feeling of being kept back from their dreams hasn't been through real life.

I'm black in NYC and my last two relationships have been a German girl from Oklahoma and now a Russian girl from Moscow. I'm am an equal opportunity lover, been with a lot of different races and my first girlfriend was Filipino. Yet and still I've been in more relationships with Black/half Black women.

The majority of women that I've been with parents don't get along with me but I don't think it's a matter of race as much as they think I'm a rolling stone and will break their daughters.

The amount of stares I get depend which part of the city I'm in. I also don't believe that all the stares are a racist or jealousy thing, people stare all the time, all of us included. If I'm in Harlem/Wash Heights I've experienced some strange racial situations, mostly involving Black/Latino women. I also think it has something to do more with the socio-economic combined with racial ignorance in these areas. Most of NYC is pretty liberal though there's so many interracial relationships of all types out here.

One thing I don't like about this thread is the Black women shaming. Black women get thrown in the fire from all angles since they are born, they are on the lowest part of the totem pole of the racial/gender hierarchy and y'all black men in here contributing to that already flawed thinking. It seems like that Inferiority complex is with a lot of yall and it makes you think that there is something better about being with different ethnicities. There isn't any "better" race for dating, women are women.

Besides the majority of them are all crazy regardless of what part of the earth they're from :lol:

Last edited:
Mam, never so many feels about black women in this thread.

Im black and ihave never dated a black chick, do i hate myself?

No.

Yall quick to throw out the inferioty complex bs to justify yall hatred forpeople not liking someone for a particular reason.

Sounds like pure haterism round here..

Mam, never so many feels about black women in this thread.

Im black and ihave never dated a black chick, do i hate myself?

No.

Yall quick to throw out the inferioty complex bs to justify yall hatred forpeople not liking someone for a particular reason.

Sounds like pure haterism round here..

stop it Robert.

Last edited:
Personally, I love black women. I hope my future wife will be black. However, they don't seem to care for me. I'm an atheist and many black women that I've met are heavy in that whole Jesus thing. Many of them list "God fearing" as an attribute a man must have in order to date them. Oh well. Their lost.

Last edited:
just like being in a regular relationship

No it's not. You face different challenges when you're in an interracial relationship, especially in the beginning. After you've been together for a bit then it becomes just like any other relationship but some of those challenges always are always around, like cultural differences

I've been with a half Pakistani half White Girl, never had any stares or anything. My current is half Black half Japanese, I get the hardest stares at pho shops, and she's told me that Asian girls give her the sour look all the time when we are out. I'm Viet-Chinese if that matters. I'll post pics later since both combinations are extremely rare.   

my girl is half white....but i always forget that she is
laugh.gif

His screename explains it all

Lame in indeed.

The reading comprehension in this thread is atrocious. How can I type "a beautiful biracial daughter" and through that you insinuate that I was saying black couples can't have beautiful children?

People stare. 

this. mainly from black folks. actually i've caught myself doing it two a couple times, but only because its not a common thing and also because it kind of puts a smile on my face to see evidence of people who read a book past the cover. i def remember hitting up a black dance party with her and def got da stares like
angry-black-woman2.jpg

tumblr_mgnpm5rc1u1s2yrvio1_500.gif

etc...

moving on. my thoughts...

been with my girl over 6 yrs. no accent tho praise all various gods. also got dem cakes too :evil: (internet doesn't allow for pics sry).

there is also a cultural difference obviously. she's white american (with irish/Portuguese roots, not much culture practiced tho). i am haitian first gen. so it goes without saying the music i listened to growing up and my dinner menu is def not from 'round these parts...its great because she gets exposed to a different culture, and that is always a good thing for anyone.

my mom's main concern when the relationship started was acceptance from her family. she didn't want me in a situation where her family resented me because i was dating her. fortunately for me, that is not the case. her family has been warm and welcoming from day 1 and has been increasingly positive ever since. her mother cosigned me from the start and really depended on me to look after her while we were in college together.

being a strict haitian mother, her other main concern was that she was educated and beautiful, because apparently, your kids will not be pretty if u have kids with someone who is ugly....or so was implied >D . lucky for me my fam cosigns her all around.

brought the gf to my massive thanksgiving feast for the first time this past nov and she had a great time. she was stupid nervous, talmbout i need to look formal. but she relaxed as i knew she would.

we have our fights and our issues we encounter and work out, but what couple doesn't? ive met a lot of cool and fun people thru her and grateful for it.

all i can think of now...damn its only 10am, thread got me typing up da feels..

Last edited:
^Just like you are in every race thread spouting the same stuff. We are one in the same.

I based my comment on lames past post, he has self hating race negro written all over him

Last edited:
How does calling other black men self hating race negros ever result in something positive

What does positivity have to do with anything? Truth does not always bring positivity. I call out self hate she I see it ,that's it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom