What Jordan was the first to be faked?

xi were first.. When all that gucci print trash came out the xi's got butchered by varient factories all across the globe... by the way 18 fakes look theworst

So much bad information in here.

And yeah the guy who revealed his story about selling fakes was VERY on point and assisted me on useful information when I was running the Fake Police Website.

QUOTE "xi were first.. When all that gucci print trash came out the xi's got butchered by varient factories all across the globe... by the way 18fakes look the worst" You must be thinking of the RETRO XI's because I never saw a set of GUCCI PRINT XI'S in 1995-96, that only blew up againaround 2000-01 when the 11's were re-released.

Originally Posted by abernja

I remember one time being on vacation and we drove by this sign that said "Nike, Jordan, Less than $30"

I asked to stop there cuz I was gonna get some heat for cheap. I was like 12 yrs old but still. Anyways so my sister and I run out the van with the biggest grins on our faces. You'd think we were at DisneyWorld or something. I run up to a table and my face goes from
eek.gif
to
happy.gif
to
smile.gif
to
grin.gif
to
ohwell.gif
to
indifferent.gif
to
smh.gif

I was soooo mad. They all looked pretty real. They just said AIR on them instead of swooshes. I was sorely dissappointed. LOL
laugh.gif

air-jordans.net had really good a1 fakes before da variant explosion...i remember a pair of black Chicago X's wit dark grey suede... period correct from 1995...

I was out of shoes from 01 to 03, summer 03 saw a guy on the court with XIs id never seen before. I ask him where he got them. He told me the site. And got scammed for some bred 11s. They didn't look/feel right from the get go. T;hats how I learned about fake js. Lesson learned. At that time I thought hell they got a jumpman they real. Wrong.

Fakes been around since the Air Jordan 1. The fakes ran so rampant that Nike capitalized on the fake Air Jordan 1 and made their own version of the fakes to coincide with their authentic version. Hence the Air Jordan 1 KO (Knock-off)

The earliest I can remember seeing fakes in abundance were around ‘96. The Air Jordan 11 definitely started the “factory variant” era we were in until around ‘07-‘08. That decade from the mid 90’s to the mid 00’s was probably one of the most memorable times for Air Jordan’s. Most people didn’t know what was real and what was fake. If you were a collector or in to the culture, you had an open field to get what ever you wanted.

knock-offs and fakes are not the same

knock-offs = when I brand copies another brand's design, also they put whatever there brand's logos and name on it
example= payless use to sale attack force that looked just like Jordan's they put AF in place of the 23

fakes= are when someone puts out shoes that have Jordan branding on them but are nike/ brand Jordan product

conclusion I would like to know first time fake Jordan's were around, in my city a guy had hella fake 14's in 98 99 tried to say his aunt lives in Chicago and they have exclusive colors. no fakes cuz he had more fake 14's then there are Jordan 31 pe's

Last edited:
Fakes been around since the Air Jordan 1. The fakes ran so rampant that Nike capitalized on the fake Air Jordan 1 and made their own version of the fakes to coincide with their authentic version. Hence the Air Jordan 1 KO (Knock-off)

The earliest I can remember seeing fakes in abundance were around ‘96. The Air Jordan 11 definitely started the “factory variant” era we were in until around ‘07-‘08. That decade from the mid 90’s to the mid 00’s was probably one of the most memorable times for Air Jordan’s. Most people didn’t know what was real and what was fake. If you were a collector or in to the culture, you had an open field to get what ever you wanted.

knock-offs and fakes are not the same

knock-offs = when I brand copies another brand's design, also they put whatever there brand's logos and name on it
example= payless use to sale attack force that looked just like Jordan's they put AF in place of the 23

fakes= are when someone puts out shoes that have Jordan branding on them but are nike/ brand Jordan product

conclusion I would like to know first time fake Jordan's were around, in my city a guy had hella fake 14's in 98 99 tried to say his aunt lives in Chicago and they have exclusive colors. no fakes cuz he had more fake 14's then there are Jordan 31 pe's

Could have sworn the “KO” in AJKO were to signify they were a KO/takedown of the OG AJ 1 model (cheaper version with less expensive materials).

Back
Top Bottom