What makes a person "Ghetto"?

I wont see a poor person and think they're "ghetto", but i guess how wealthy you are indirectly effects how you talk and dress but its not equivalent.

Most often its a combination of a poor person + involved in hip hop culture + obnoxious.

Walking around the metro station bumping music off the speakers of your phone instead of using earbuds.
But really, I think it's when people have NO SENSE of class (as in classiness).  People who are rude, inconsiderate, unsophisticated and don't try to better themselves.  I've met enough ghetto white/asian/latino people to know it's not about race. 

Walking around the metro station bumping music off the speakers of your phone instead of using earbuds.
But really, I think it's when people have NO SENSE of class (as in classiness).  People who are rude, inconsiderate, unsophisticated and don't try to better themselves.  I've met enough ghetto white/asian/latino people to know it's not about race. 

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

I wont see a poor person and think they're "ghetto", but i guess how wealthy you are indirectly effects how you talk and dress but its not equivalent.

Most often its a combination of a poor person + involved in hip hop culture + obnoxious.

I held a 30min convo with a lady that was dirty, didn't have any uppers (teeth) and looked and sounded like someone you would call "ghetto".

She was very intellegent on the contrary, a lot of people that prejudged her were looking stupid once she spoke.

But then there was Ms Cheeto mouth with he MetroPOS who looked and sounded GHETTO.

I wonder if it's an black inferiority complex or are these people really just disgustingly ghetto and nasty

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

I held a 30min convo with a lady that was dirty, didn't have any uppers (teeth) and looked and sounded like someone you would call "ghetto".

She was very intellegent on the contrary, a lot of people that prejudged her were looking stupid once she spoke.

But then there was Ms Cheeto mouth with he MetroPOS who looked and sounded GHETTO.

I wonder if it's an black inferiority complex or are these people really just disgustingly ghetto and nasty

Allow me...

I'm from the ghetto... in the ghetto...yest so FAR from it..

The difference in being ghetto and being otherwise is your mentality. I don't relish the lifestyle. I abhor it. I know the types that are content to be the next Nino Brown. I also know the types that are distraught at the fact that they have no other options. Somewhere in the void between the two, lies the difference.

There are women that want to be entrepreneurs and self sufficient like Nikki Minaj. Then there are women that want to be Nikki Minaj -- not as a character or route to success, but as a person.
laugh.gif

Ghetto people embrace slum life. I'm a hood %%$@+. I been in the G for 22 years. I know how @#%+ goes out here in the Wild Wild (Mid)West. It's lawless, corrupt, trifling, and gritty. I don't want to be the streets Champion. I want to champion these streets, man. I want to raise the bar for the hood. I'd rather change the game, than beat it on "easy". That's the difference.

If you walkn through target with your pants right above your knees with a walk similar to someone who was just sodomized with a baseball bat wearin high-end fake clothing, and you smell like you just got done hotboxing and downing a 40... you're ghetto

I'd say not to judge a book by it's cover, but you probably never read one anyway. I could make similar posts about white people in walmart wearing overalls and no shirt being rednecks, but that would offend the rednecks that wore suits to the oval office, now wouldn't it? Be careful who you stereotype...

Allow me...

I'm from the ghetto... in the ghetto...yest so FAR from it..

The difference in being ghetto and being otherwise is your mentality. I don't relish the lifestyle. I abhor it. I know the types that are content to be the next Nino Brown. I also know the types that are distraught at the fact that they have no other options. Somewhere in the void between the two, lies the difference.

There are women that want to be entrepreneurs and self sufficient like Nikki Minaj. Then there are women that want to be Nikki Minaj -- not as a character or route to success, but as a person.
laugh.gif

Ghetto people embrace slum life. I'm a hood %%$@+. I been in the G for 22 years. I know how @#%+ goes out here in the Wild Wild (Mid)West. It's lawless, corrupt, trifling, and gritty. I don't want to be the streets Champion. I want to champion these streets, man. I want to raise the bar for the hood. I'd rather change the game, than beat it on "easy". That's the difference.

If you walkn through target with your pants right above your knees with a walk similar to someone who was just sodomized with a baseball bat wearin high-end fake clothing, and you smell like you just got done hotboxing and downing a 40... you're ghetto

I'd say not to judge a book by it's cover, but you probably never read one anyway. I could make similar posts about white people in walmart wearing overalls and no shirt being rednecks, but that would offend the rednecks that wore suits to the oval office, now wouldn't it? Be careful who you stereotype...

When a Jewish person was made to live in an impoverished enclosed district, separated from other Jewish communities by Nazi lead Germany.

When a Jewish person was made to live in an impoverished enclosed district, separated from other Jewish communities by Nazi lead Germany.

Seriously, I'm African American and I find myself being embarrassed by the actions of others.

I used to believe how they act doesn't effect me, but the truth is I find myself being prejudged

by the actions of ignorant ghetto people.

Like I called Home Depot to rent a van, this guy says "We'l you need a VALID drivers license and VALID PROOF OF INSURANCE"
he emphasized  it in a condescending  manner. Telling me how trucks were stolen in the past.

I told him,

Sir my mom stays in this area because she's a HOME OWNER and she's moving which is why I need the truck.
I sir live 50 miles away in a $250K median community so you can cool it with the failed attempt at reaching for higher hierarchy
with me. Your job, which is at HOME DEPOT in the ghetto is to tell me the requirements of renting a vehicle sir, not what happened
to your trucks Sir, Thank You.

Seriously, I'm African American and I find myself being embarrassed by the actions of others.

I used to believe how they act doesn't effect me, but the truth is I find myself being prejudged

by the actions of ignorant ghetto people.

Like I called Home Depot to rent a van, this guy says "We'l you need a VALID drivers license and VALID PROOF OF INSURANCE"
he emphasized  it in a condescending  manner. Telling me how trucks were stolen in the past.

I told him,

Sir my mom stays in this area because she's a HOME OWNER and she's moving which is why I need the truck.
I sir live 50 miles away in a $250K median community so you can cool it with the failed attempt at reaching for higher hierarchy
with me. Your job, which is at HOME DEPOT in the ghetto is to tell me the requirements of renting a vehicle sir, not what happened
to your trucks Sir, Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom