What makes a person "Ghetto"?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

end well this will not

Of course not... I already tried to end it well... and it ain't over...so if you got any popcorn, fling that @+#% my way shortstack.

if there black/dark skinned/didn't graduate from high school and don't speak with proper english according to most people

if there black/dark skinned/didn't graduate from high school and don't speak with proper english according to most people

end well this will not

Of course not... I already tried to end it well... and it ain't over...so if you got any popcorn, fling that @+#% my way shortstack.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

Seriously, I'm African American and I find myself being embarrassed by the actions of others.

I used to believe how they act doesn't effect me, but the truth is I find myself being prejudged

by the actions of ignorant ghetto people.

Like I called Home Depot to rent a van, this guy says "We'l you need a VALID drivers license and VALID PROOF OF INSURANCE"
he emphasized  it in a condescending  manner. Telling me how trucks were stolen in the past.

I told him,

Sir my mom stays in this area because she's a HOME OWNER and she's moving which is why I need the truck.
I sir live 50 miles away in a $250K median community so you can cool it with the failed attempt at reaching for higher hierarchy
with me. Your job, which is at HOME DEPOT in the ghetto is to tell me the requirements of renting a vehicle sir, not what happened
to your trucks Sir, Thank You.
OP,
You're no better than any of the "ghetto" people that you are concerned with, or the home depot employee, no matter where your Mom lives.
You are being prejudged because you are Black, and you will be prejudged the rest of your natural life because you are Black.
It has nothing to do with the actions of ignorant ghetto people.  It has everything to do with your skin color.
Get off your high horse, make something of yourself, and stop worrying so much about what other people are doing.

Seriously, I'm African American and I find myself being embarrassed by the actions of others.

I used to believe how they act doesn't effect me, but the truth is I find myself being prejudged

Like I called Home Depot to rent a van, this guy says "We'l you need a VALID drivers license and VALID PROOF OF INSURANCE"
he emphasized  it in a condescending  manner. Telling me how trucks were stolen in the past.

I told him,

Sir my mom stays in this area because she's a HOME OWNER and she's moving which is why I need the truck.
I sir live 50 miles away in a $250K median community so you can cool it with the failed attempt at reaching for higher hierarchy
with me. Your job, which is at HOME DEPOT in the ghetto is to tell me the requirements of renting a vehicle sir, not what happened
OP,
You're no better than any of the "ghetto" people that you are concerned with, or the home depot employee, no matter where your Mom lives.
You are being prejudged because you are Black, and you will be prejudged the rest of your natural life because you are Black.
It has nothing to do with the actions of ignorant ghetto people.  It has everything to do with your skin color.
Get off your high horse, make something of yourself, and stop worrying so much about what other people are doing.

I told him,

in all seriousness do you think you have a complex about being black? part of me thinks youre a troll but if not do you think you might have a complex?

that seems like a reach and your response was OD IMO

I told him,

in all seriousness do you think you have a complex about being black? part of me thinks youre a troll but if not do you think you might have a complex?

Exhibiting characteristics or mannerisms of an individual who has never ventured outside of poor surroundings/slums/projects. (Race independent.)

Exhibiting characteristics or mannerisms of an individual who has never ventured outside of poor surroundings/slums/projects. (Race independent.)

aint nothing worse than a bougie black person though, yall know who you are

you can try and act you're more intelligent and successful, and look down towards the rest of the black community but when it comes down to it you still a "n word" just like the rest of us

aint nothing worse than a bougie black person though, yall know who you are

you can try and act you're more intelligent and successful, and look down towards the rest of the black community but when it comes down to it you still a "n word" just like the rest of us

Originally Posted by Murda He

I'd rather change the game, than beat it on "easy".
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

I told him,

OP,
It has nothing to do with what the actions of ignorant ghetto people.

Not to be harsh and Stockholm most likely didn't even mean to imply he was better then them, but he probably is better then them in a practical sense. I mean on average he will be more successful, smarter, live longer, live more comfortably, have more access to new technology, have more power to influence other peoples lives, and be able to provide for his family better. I mean its not like we are all still baby's and we are all equal, Things change and people move ahead in life. I guess he's not better then them in the sense that either one could be "happier" then the other, but in practical senses yeah he is better then them.

This might be a little crude.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

I told him,

OP,
It has nothing to do with what the actions of ignorant ghetto people.

Not to be harsh and Stockholm most likely didn't even mean to imply he was better then them, but he probably is better then them in a practical sense. I mean on average he will be more successful, smarter, live longer, live more comfortably, have more access to new technology, have more power to influence other peoples lives, and be able to provide for his family better. I mean its not like we are all still baby's and we are all equal, Things change and people move ahead in life. I guess he's not better then them in the sense that either one could be "happier" then the other, but in practical senses yeah he is better then them.

This might be a little crude.

I told him,

I don't believe I have a complex, most people tell me I'm very insightful than most African Americans they've encountered...but the thing is I always find myself proving I'm educated and
not poor before initial RESPECT is given. I lived in Williamsburg Brooklyn and I dress like what you might consider a "hipster", I shop at the salvation army, buy nice kicks but wear them until they're busted, faded novelity t-shirts etc...But it seems like people always "try me". Like the stuff they're scared to say African-Americans that "fit the part", they say to me. Or stuff African Americans
always wondered about Caucasians they ask me or assume I'm "trying to be White" (whatever that means).

I honestly don't think if I was any other group I'd have the insight, compassion, and drive to be who I am, let alone GENUINE respect for others humility.
But it's like I'm forced to be in a box I'm uncomfortable in...I'm not "hood" or "ghetto", but I don't want to be "white" neither, If you're from NYC and moved
out of state to the suburbs you'll understand the box you're put in that I'm talking about.

I told him,

I don't believe I have a complex, most people tell me I'm very insightful than most African Americans they've encountered...but the thing is I always find myself proving I'm educated and
not poor before initial RESPECT is given. I lived in Williamsburg Brooklyn and I dress like what you might consider a "hipster", I shop at the salvation army, buy nice kicks but wear them until they're busted, faded novelity t-shirts etc...But it seems like people always "try me". Like the stuff they're scared to say African-Americans that "fit the part", they say to me. Or stuff African Americans
always wondered about Caucasians they ask me or assume I'm "trying to be White" (whatever that means).

I honestly don't think if I was any other group I'd have the insight, compassion, and drive to be who I am, let alone GENUINE respect for others humility.
But it's like I'm forced to be in a box I'm uncomfortable in...I'm not "hood" or "ghetto", but I don't want to be "white" neither, If you're from NYC and moved
out of state to the suburbs you'll understand the box you're put in that I'm talking about.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

OP is the same dude in the braids thread calling people who have braids ghetto, and who was comparing his marrying of a virgin to dysfunctional +#@ celebrities.

Really? Or was I the one who said Kim look beautiful with braids and the people calling her "ghetto" were ignorant to the fact braids were custom in Nordic (Blonde hair blue eyes), Indian and Asian tribes
well before Africans adopted the concept.

Stop reaching...anyone can go quote what I said, it will sound nothing like what you;re implying.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

OP is the same dude in the braids thread calling people who have braids ghetto, and who was comparing his marrying of a virgin to dysfunctional +#@ celebrities.

Really? Or was I the one who said Kim look beautiful with braids and the people calling her "ghetto" were ignorant to the fact braids were custom in Nordic (Blonde hair blue eyes), Indian and Asian tribes
well before Africans adopted the concept.

Stop reaching...anyone can go quote what I said, it will sound nothing like what you;re implying.

Back
Top Bottom