What Makes NYC better than other US Cities...

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Originally Posted by Keithahundred

NYC is the best because we set the trends the world follows. Also, there is nowhere in the country that feels like NYC, while most of the rest of the country just feels the same. Even LA is a lot like middle America, NYC simply is nothing like it. The congestion, the massive amount of different types of people. I mean, I went to high school in Manhattan with people from all 5 boroughs (I live in Queens). How many of you on NT went to school and had 1/3 white, 1/3 black, 1/3 hispanic in your classroom? and that doesn't even count all the other types of people you find here.

as much as the subject gets rehashed, NYC > everywhere

Ummm grady high school in atlanta Georgia is ranked as one the highest diversed high school in America.....so what you saying.....and every state is different I have been to enough of them to know that every place is not the same and does not feel the same hell different cities in a single state is not the same so what the hell are you talking about guy
Nah I have to respectfully disagree when you say every state is different, its just not true. I've been all over the country too, well east coast specifically, and you see the same %#% everywhere you go, Wal-mart, dairy queen, stuff like that...I don't even got one walmart in my city! and yea maybe that high school is very diverse, but new york city been doing the diverse thing since like the early 1900s with them european immigrants. and don't talk about that was mad long ago cause it really does add to what New York is all about. NYC is accepting of pretty much everything and anything.

Man I know you're not calling every city the same because of fast food joints and walmart........walmart is taking over duh.....every city is not the sameI've been up north before yeah it's different and like wise I have been to damn near all the southern states and each one is different from where Istay, from the people, the speech, the slang, food, and women it's all different

NYC is the best because we set the trends the world follows. Also, there is nowhere in the country that feels like NYC, while most of the rest of the country just feels the same. Even LA is a lot like middle America, NYC simply is nothing like it. The congestion, the massive amount of different types of people. I mean, I went to high school in Manhattan with people from all 5 boroughs (I live in Queens). How many of you on NT went to school and had 1/3 white, 1/3 black, 1/3 hispanic in your classroom? and that doesn't even count all the other types of people you find here.

Ummm grady high school in atlanta Georgia is ranked as one the highest diversed high school in America.....so what you saying.....and every state is different I have been to enough of them to know that every place is not the same and does not feel the same hell different cities in a single state is not the same so what the hell are you talking about guy
Nah I have to respectfully disagree when you say every state is different, its just not true. I've been all over the country too, well east coast specifically, and you see the same %#% everywhere you go, Wal-mart, dairy queen, stuff like that...I don't even got one walmart in my city! and yea maybe that high school is very diverse, but new york city been doing the diverse thing since like the early 1900s with them european immigrants. and don't talk about that was mad long ago cause it really does add to what New York is all about. NYC is accepting of pretty much everything and anything.

Man I know you're not calling every city the same because of fast food joints and walmart........walmart is taking over duh.....every city is not the same I've been up north before yeah it's different and like wise I have been to damn near all the southern states and each one is different from where I stay, from the people, the speech, the slang, food, and women it's all different
Keith... man we been through this before.. NYCers are unable to comprehend the notion that other cities are equally as good/better than NYC...they simmply cannot understand it... just let them live in their own world where NYC has all the positives & none of the negatives...

just let it go man...

Man I know you're not calling every city the same because of fast food joints and walmart........walmart is taking over duh.....every city is not the same I've been up north before yeah it's different and like wise I have been to damn near all the southern states and each one is different from where I stay, from the people, the speech, the slang, food, and women it's all different
Well, all I'll say is I lived all my life in NYC and if I think that the rest of the country feels the same to me as opposed to NY, then maybeNYC really is different than everywhere else. The lifestyle, the culture, its all different. Lifestyle in places like the south and midwest is for the mostpart the same, laid back, less stress, etc.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Keith... man we been through this before.. NYCers are unable to comprehend the notion that other cities are equally as good/better than NYC... they simmply cannot understand it... just let them live in their own world where NYC has all the positives & none of the negatives...

just let it go man...
this is true. Most of these dudes never leave a three block radius their entire lives, let alone have any concept of the world outside NYC.

See the thing is although I do personally feel NYC is better since it is where I'm from, I don't think where you or anyone lives is neccessarily worse.I mean, that's all relative to where you grew up or personal tastes, if you like to live in the country that's cool then you think that's the bestway to live. All i'm trying to prove is that the living in NYC is not the same as living anywhere else in the country. I used to go to school at UNC ChapelHill, it is a different style of living in North Carolina, in any other state.

Well, all I'll say is I lived all my life in NYC and if I think that the rest of the country feels the same to me as opposed to NY, then maybe NYC really is different than everywhere else. The lifestyle, the culture, its all different. Lifestyle in places like the south and midwest is for the most part the same, laid back, less stress, etc.

well down here and I believe any where really life is what you make it to be........I see where you coming from though I mean that's your hometown and youhave pride in your city so I expect you to feel that way about it being the best because I feel the same way about my hometown.....I would think less of you ifyou didn't think highly of your city, but every place is not the same

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

Keith... man we been through this before.. NYCers are unable to comprehend the notion that other cities are equally as good/better than NYC... they simmply cannot understand it... just let them live in their own world where NYC has all the positives & none of the negatives...

just let it go man...
this is true. Most of these dudes never leave a three block radius their entire lives, let alone have any concept of the world outside NYC.
thank you...

The only wack thing about NYC is the cold winters and unpredictable weather.

I'm from SF Cali and I understand why NYCers say NYC > all. It's not for everyone but you can bet any amount of money in the world that there is noother city like it..

See the thing is although I do personally feel NYC is better since it is where I'm from, I don't think where you or anyone lives is neccessarily worse. I mean, that's all relative to where you grew up or personal tastes, if you like to live in the country that's cool then you think that's the best way to live. All i'm trying to prove is that the living in NYC is not the same as living anywhere else in the country. I used to go to school at UNC Chapel Hill, it is a different style of living in North Carolina, in any other state.

Yeah, but north Carolina can't be compared to Atlanta, Miami, or houston major city wise. Yall mentality is very different from ours, for better or forworse......one thing I can say is that an east coast mind set is different from a southern mind set

Have you ever been to LA? or are you just talking..

See the thing is although I do personally feel NYC is better since it is where I'm from, I don't think where you or anyone lives is neccessarily worse. I mean, that's all relative to where you grew up or personal tastes, if you like to live in the country that's cool then you think that's the best way to live. All i'm trying to prove is that the living in NYC is not the same as living anywhere else in the country. I used to go to school at UNC Chapel Hill, it is a different style of living in North Carolina, in any other state.

Yeah, but north Carolina can't be compared to Atlanta, Miami, or houston major city wise. Yall mentality is very different from ours, for better or for worse......one thing I can say is that an east coast mind set is different from a southern mind set
Alright, you might be right about NC, but the thing about atlanta, miami, houston....they are trying to lean more towards NYC as far as how theyare growing as urban centers and strong economic areas. And those are only 3 cities.

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

I've been to LA/SoCal and SF

laugh.gif

This dude probably visited the Inland Empire,
laugh.gif
(Sorry BN).

I wasn't going to get involved, but NYC'ers are comical.

NYC is a great place, a place I wouldn't mind living in. To say some of the things you guys say though,
roll.gif
. NY sets trends for the world,
laugh.gif
, ya'll are gassin' yourselves with that statement.

How many of you on NT went to school and had 1/3 white, 1/3 black, 1/3 hispanic in your classroom?
I live in LA, and I didn't. My college classes had 1/5 White, 1/5 Latino, 1/5 Black, 1/5 Asian and 1/5 "other"
wink.gif
. I don't know anything about diversity though. It is an NY exclusive.

Nevermind that we have a ton of transplants from the East Coast, that just can't fathom going back.... but yeah NYC>>>>the World (
laugh.gif
).

Yeah, but north Carolina can't be compared to Atlanta, Miami, or houston major city wise. Yall mentality is very different from ours, for better or for worse......one thing I can say is that an east coast mind set is different from a southern mind set
Alright, you might be right about NC, but the thing about atlanta, miami, houston....they are trying to lean more towards NYC as far as how they are growing as urban centers and strong economic areas. And those are only 3 cities.

I only mentioned those 3 because those are my favorite......those cities are growing fast because of other people moving from different states to thosecities.....especially in Atlanta, the majority of our population is not from here or was not raised here

What always gets me about these threads is more times than not a NYer didn't start the thread, it's some bamma from some other area. They word thethread titles in a way to invite NYers to explain why we think were the greatest, then the ppl who think otherwise litter their thread with their for the mostpart off topic hateful opinions.

Is it really that serious? Why even come in these threads then? Are yall so obsessed with trying in vain to disprovefacts? If you aint from NY or been here why go so hard? I find it pathetic especially on the internet.

As far as I see it these threads are just for lulz. You takin it serious says a lot about what's going on in your life and city or how petty you are.

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

I've been to LA/SoCal and SF

Well I don't know what part of LA you were in that was like middle america. LA is congested, has as many clothing stores, shoe stores, restaurants,culture, but more entertainment. So I don't see how LA is any different then NYC. Also, please stop thinking that everyone is coping yall style, I'vetraveled a lot and everywhere I go, the style and culture are different. And why yall always think someone hating, but yall say things likeNYC>>>>>world.

Some of you dudes couldn't survive a month in NY. I'm not talking about being tough either.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Some of you dudes couldn't survive a month in NY. I'm not talking about being tough either.
and im sure some of you NYC dudes couldnt survive a month in SF, LA, MIA, ATL, HOU, DAL...

so whats your point

Shut up Rell

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Now that's just a lie.

and im sure some of you NYC dudes couldnt survive a month in SF, LA, MIA, ATL, HOU, DAL...

so whats your point
If you can survive in NYC you can survive anywhere even the middle east. C'mon damn man! Everybody knows that
laugh.gif

so whats your point

nah we wouldnt need to survive

because we would conquer it
devil.gif

No doubt, so everyone can keep bringing up these cities that are without question trying to live up to NYC (Atlanta, Houston, even LA they are NYC light +hollywood). I really didn't want to take it there with me posting in this thread but I've always had strong opinions on this and alot of pride in beingfrom NYC. This comes from me traveling a bunch of different places in the US, and some of my closest friends wanting to get out because they are tired of theNYC life.

We definitely set the trends as corny as it sounds - NYC is the capital of alot of different industries including fashion and pop culture. Its all good thoughrep yo hood and do it proud.

nyc is terms of crime and stuff. its not bad. you will get jacked though. but it would happen faster in other cities in the us. nyc is like the heart of the USwhile the other cities are the back bones. sorry but thats the fact. the whole north eastern border is business while the south is agriculture and the west gotthe seaports for import goods. north east got a few ports also.

Back
Top Bottom