What Peyton Manning is doing (and how to beat him)

One of the best to ever play the game. Appreciated.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Peyton is arguably the best QB to ever play the game but people don't give his offensive line any credit.

Peyton is arguably the best QB to ever play the game but people don't give his offensive line any credit.

Originally Posted by EvansST

i agree,  he's one of the best ever but he needs 1 more ring to really cement his legacy.  his legacy is great as it is, but his teams have underachieved in the playoffs throughout the years aside from 2006

Originally Posted by EvansST

i agree,  he's one of the best ever but he needs 1 more ring to really cement his legacy.  his legacy is great as it is, but his teams have underachieved in the playoffs throughout the years aside from 2006

9-9 career playoff record and threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs en route to Super Bowl MVP in 2007. Peyton Manning is indeed unstoppable. 

9-9 career playoff record and threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs en route to Super Bowl MVP in 2007. Peyton Manning is indeed unstoppable. 

Great read, amazing how much information that guy processes in a game.  He is a type of player that you will "tell your kids about".  Both him and Brady, but Manning is just so cerebral.  Move of HHH, Peyton is the real cerebral assassin.

Great read, amazing how much information that guy processes in a game.  He is a type of player that you will "tell your kids about".  Both him and Brady, but Manning is just so cerebral.  Move of HHH, Peyton is the real cerebral assassin.

Another strategy I thought of a while back was to have your defense line up in the exact formation each play with no variation at all.  No moving, no looking around, no slow creeping.  Nothing.  Don't move a muscle until you see the ball actually move.
Just a blank slate that cannot be "read".  Sure you would be out of position a few times; but is that really worse that what is going to happen to you otherwise?
This is what the Steelers did in 2005, they tried to hold all of their coverages right until the last moment (as opposed to the usual movement that occurs under LeBeau)

Back
Top Bottom