WHAT SHOE CAUSED WHAT INJURY???

Originally Posted by KenJi714

LMAO . You can sprain your ankle in just about any shoes.

Exactly. Y'all just got weak $@@ ankles. Go get a PPT band or something. My major injuries have come in Foam Ones, LeBron VIs and PowerMaxes. 

Originally Posted by KenJi714

LMAO . You can sprain your ankle in just about any shoes.

Exactly. Y'all just got weak $@@ ankles. Go get a PPT band or something. My major injuries have come in Foam Ones, LeBron VIs and PowerMaxes. 

had a surgically repaired acl tear on me while just walking around in my orlando magic 7's was just walking and took a step and it completely tore out.... definately not the fault of the shoe

had a surgically repaired acl tear on me while just walking around in my orlando magic 7's was just walking and took a step and it completely tore out.... definately not the fault of the shoe

^^ wow freak accident I guess... Lebron II's.. really don't blame the shoe overall it was a good shoe for basketball but it gave me a right high ankle sprain and torn left ACL.. talk about bad luck...

^^ wow freak accident I guess... Lebron II's.. really don't blame the shoe overall it was a good shoe for basketball but it gave me a right high ankle sprain and torn left ACL.. talk about bad luck...

Tore ACL and meniscus in my right knee 3 yrs ago playing in pair of white/yellow Ultraflights. Sold the shoes almost immediately because I'd only played in them twice. I found another pair of DS white/yellow Ultraflights 2 yrs later (one year ago) and thought I'd try them again. Ended up tearing my right meniscus again. Can't totally blame it on the shoes, but I'll never wear Ultraflights again.
smh.gif

Tore ACL and meniscus in my right knee 3 yrs ago playing in pair of white/yellow Ultraflights. Sold the shoes almost immediately because I'd only played in them twice. I found another pair of DS white/yellow Ultraflights 2 yrs later (one year ago) and thought I'd try them again. Ended up tearing my right meniscus again. Can't totally blame it on the shoes, but I'll never wear Ultraflights again.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by si3n4

smh.gif

Oh you can totally blame an injury on THAT shoe!
laugh.gif

That shoe was quite possibly the worst so called basketball shoe I have ever worn! They were being sold in NYC for 19.99 in bunches, so I thought I'd try them out. Put'em on, and they felt really snug without lacing them up really tight, right? So I pull'em a little tighter, then when I began running in them, the inner sleeve began sliding around inside of the shell of the shoe! Stopped playing, tied them up tighter, and there was STILL movement inside of the shoe! So I pulled the laces tighter, then played, and my feet became numb....but I said to myself, "they'll loosen up", no chance! Not only did they not loosen, but there was still movement inside the shoe! I was fine running forward, but when I cut back, then ran backward, sideways, or skipped into defensive position, the shoe totally failed to move with my foot, so guess what happened next?

I sprained my patellar tendon during a defensive slide, while forcing the dribbler to the baseline. First wear, first run, injured, so yeah you can "blame" that shoe.

However, you can't tell certain NT'ers that! It IS a good looking shoe, something these people will swear by, still begging for a retro! 

EDIT:  I DARE Nike to try and retro these!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by si3n4

smh.gif

Oh you can totally blame an injury on THAT shoe!
laugh.gif

That shoe was quite possibly the worst so called basketball shoe I have ever worn! They were being sold in NYC for 19.99 in bunches, so I thought I'd try them out. Put'em on, and they felt really snug without lacing them up really tight, right? So I pull'em a little tighter, then when I began running in them, the inner sleeve began sliding around inside of the shell of the shoe! Stopped playing, tied them up tighter, and there was STILL movement inside of the shoe! So I pulled the laces tighter, then played, and my feet became numb....but I said to myself, "they'll loosen up", no chance! Not only did they not loosen, but there was still movement inside the shoe! I was fine running forward, but when I cut back, then ran backward, sideways, or skipped into defensive position, the shoe totally failed to move with my foot, so guess what happened next?

I sprained my patellar tendon during a defensive slide, while forcing the dribbler to the baseline. First wear, first run, injured, so yeah you can "blame" that shoe.

However, you can't tell certain NT'ers that! It IS a good looking shoe, something these people will swear by, still begging for a retro! 

EDIT:  I DARE Nike to try and retro these!
laugh.gif

It was the the day before the last day of my shopmore year of college. I just completed my first year of running track (first time ever in my life running track) and the past weekend I ran at my school's conference championship (by the way I'm not fast at all, joined track at first just to do something and get in shape to try-out for basketball but after running I started to enjoy it....back to the story). So a few friends from the track and baseball team decided to play some ball before we leave for the summer.

I had a pair of Dub-Zero (white and orange) cause those were only pair of sneakers that wasn't packed up and going up for a lay-up I landed on someone's foot and twisted my left ankle. After that injury my ankle as never been the same. Add to the fact I had to finish packing up my car and move out my dorm on a busted ankle.

When I got home I threw those Dub-Zeros in the garage and vowed to never EVER wear them again.

It was the the day before the last day of my shopmore year of college. I just completed my first year of running track (first time ever in my life running track) and the past weekend I ran at my school's conference championship (by the way I'm not fast at all, joined track at first just to do something and get in shape to try-out for basketball but after running I started to enjoy it....back to the story). So a few friends from the track and baseball team decided to play some ball before we leave for the summer.

I had a pair of Dub-Zero (white and orange) cause those were only pair of sneakers that wasn't packed up and going up for a lay-up I landed on someone's foot and twisted my left ankle. After that injury my ankle as never been the same. Add to the fact I had to finish packing up my car and move out my dorm on a busted ankle.

When I got home I threw those Dub-Zeros in the garage and vowed to never EVER wear them again.

posted this in the other thread but madore did the old bait and switch on me lol

thought this was a thread that was going to bring out the dead horse to beat.

- left ankle inversion sprain in my ultraflights. took a weird step skipping backwards during a game.
- right ankle eversion sprain in my vc3's. made too sharp of a turn playing D.
- bruised right heel in my zoom bb2 from the zoom air bottoming out, making my heel make contact with the floor. totally blame the shoe for that lol. that's what happens when all that's in the midsole is an air bag and no foam.
- stubbed big toes in my huarache 09. i guess i was in denial with the front-to-back movement i got with them. too much stopping on the dime.

posted this in the other thread but madore did the old bait and switch on me lol

thought this was a thread that was going to bring out the dead horse to beat.

- left ankle inversion sprain in my ultraflights. took a weird step skipping backwards during a game.
- right ankle eversion sprain in my vc3's. made too sharp of a turn playing D.
- bruised right heel in my zoom bb2 from the zoom air bottoming out, making my heel make contact with the floor. totally blame the shoe for that lol. that's what happens when all that's in the midsole is an air bag and no foam.
- stubbed big toes in my huarache 09. i guess i was in denial with the front-to-back movement i got with them. too much stopping on the dime.

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

al3x89 wrote:

Nat Turner wrote:

d0f16a696dde7e146b51e8e9ba32a59768520666_r.jpg

These. This is the last time I will ever listen to the hype on any nike enhanced message board. I made the mistake a few times, but this will be the last. Oh, the injury was not caused by the shoes per se, it was caused by me paying attention to a bunch of people who probably just walk around in their shoes, instead of playing in them.

so you didn't even get hurt in the shoe?

wait.. or was it mental anguish?

I forgot to add that part!
laugh.gif

Tendonitis of both the patellar tendon and achillies tendon. Played in them several times and after each time, both areas became seriously inflamed. Didn't happen after playing in the Hypermaxes, not the Adidas TS Promodel, Decade '06, Supernatural Creators, nor the Reebok Voyage. It only happened after playing in those crappy pieces of crap.

ok well, it's unfortunate that these didn't workout for you.. but to say that they're pieces of crap is dumb.

yes it's your opinion, but look at the NBA, d-league and even in europe. almost every player has/had an ID, or TB of the IV's. even after the 5's release, players were still playing in the 4's...

the shoes dominated the league in 08-09. more people wore them all players who wore jordan, or other nike shoes.

al3x89 wrote:

Nat Turner wrote:

These. This is the last time I will ever listen to the hype on any nike enhanced message board. I made the mistake a few times, but this will be the last. Oh, the injury was not caused by the shoes per se, it was caused by me paying attention to a bunch of people who probably just walk around in their shoes, instead of playing in them.

laugh.gif

Tendonitis of both the patellar tendon and achillies tendon. Played in them several times and after each time, both areas became seriously inflamed. Didn't happen after playing in the Hypermaxes, not the Adidas TS Promodel, Decade '06, Supernatural Creators, nor the Reebok Voyage. It only happened after playing in those crappy pieces of crap.

ok well, it's unfortunate that these didn't workout for you.. but to say that they're pieces of crap is dumb.

yes it's your opinion, but look at the NBA, d-league and even in europe. almost every player has/had an ID, or TB of the IV's. even after the 5's release, players were still playing in the 4's...

the shoes dominated the league in 08-09. more people wore them all players who wore jordan, or other nike shoes.

Air J III. Not enough ankle support. lol. Rolled my ankle while doing a switch up Defense play. Oh AND Converse All-star.taking it back. lol. Hardly any heel support if any.

Air J III. Not enough ankle support. lol. Rolled my ankle while doing a switch up Defense play. Oh AND Converse All-star.taking it back. lol. Hardly any heel support if any.

Originally Posted by al3x89

al3x89 wrote:

Nat Turner wrote:

laugh.gif

The shoe dominated a league where the players get the shoe for free, just like I did. I am involved with professional athletes, so my opinion can be backed up with facts. Nike made sure that Kobe's shoe got plenty of exposure, then made them available to anyone. Kobe wanted the same deal with Adidas, as his goal was to have everyone wear HIS shoe. He was turned down. This was not because of Adidas this was because of who HE is. Nike has more money than anyone to urge players to rep a product, and that was the deciding factor. You are not talking to someone who does not know the real deal, as I stated, I am one of those who got the shoes, both this and the Hyperdunk, for free.

That said....here is a bit of info that I participated in....

According to an Australian study published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine,

Interestingly, the second biggest indicator was an air cell in the heel:
Players wearing shoes with[sup] [/sup]air cells in the heel were 4.3 times more likely to injure an[sup] [/sup]ankle than those wearing shoes without air cell.

Another article with commentary on the study says:
First of all, it’s quite reasonable to think that mid-sole construction and composition in basketball shoes should play a role in preventing/producing injuries. Basketball-shoe midsoles tend to be quite thick, for one thing. In theory, this exaggerated thickness provides better cushioning, but it also makes the foot and ankle more unstable, compared to a situation in which the foot is closer to the ground. In particular, it makes the foot and ankle more prone to the violent side-to-side tipping motions which produce ankle sprains and other ankle injuries.

NBA players often change their sneakers every two to three games. This is because there is a proven link between the replacement of sneakers and the prevention of injuries…Even when the outside of the sneaker looks good, the mid-sole of a basketball sneaker (the eva) is often worn down. When this happens, there is added stress to bones and ligaments in the foot and the leg…Currently, the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine is recommending that high school basketball players switch sneakers monthly.

__

Any questions????

Back
Top Bottom