What sport gets the best coverage on ESPN?

I mean in terms of quality of the coverage, what sport ESPN covers has the most thorough, most knowledgable reporters and writers, best analysis. Basically,which sport do you trust ESPN the most with.

Personally, I say Baseball. I understand football gets the MOST coverage, but their in studio analysts for football are borderline unwatchable. They spit thesame exact football cliches every year and hardly ever add great insight and knowledge IMO. Mortensen is notorious for giving wrong info. Don't even get mestarted on the Monday Night Football booth.

Meanwhile baseball has a hall of fame writer and reporter (Gammons), insiders who have great connections with specific teams and the major league in general(Olney, Stark, Kurkjian), and very well respected scouts and the like (Keith Law, Rob Neyer, etc.). I don't even mind Kruk too much, he actually knows hisstuff if you listen, and Showalter does a great job. There are some stiffs I admit (Eduardo Perez, Winfield), but I prefer ESPN's baseball coverage overany other sport.

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

Poker.
laugh.gif

prob not but def gets the award for most air time

why poker is on ESPN blows my mind

put playmakers back on

i would say baseball gets the most coverage

I think they do a pretty solid job with college basketball - they generally air the best games available every night given their contracts, they have a goodmix of broadcasters that keep games interesting (even if Dicky V is used way too often in studio situations, where he knows nothing at this point), and i tihnkthey do a great job with their website stuff come every March.

Baseball seems to be done pretty thoroughly too... but i think they are pretty top notch in NCCAB.

MLB
CFB
CBB
NFL
NBA

In that order, imo. Their NBA people are terrible without Bill Walton and SAS. Bucher, Mash, Avery, Legler, and whoever else they bring in are garbage. JRose is the only one that at least knows what he's talkin about, the rest bring nothing to the table.

MLB
NCAA Hoops

MLB would be even better if they actually managed to even out the coverage of teams. Not all equal but something differerent than 98% of the coverage isYankees/Sox and 2% is the rest of MLB.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

dallas cowboys
laugh.gif
from the NFL standpoint there's no doubt about it.

But overall I agree it's MLB by far (probably because it's the one sport where a bulk of the season takes place when no other major sport is going on).In terms of quality MLB has the most knowledgeable analysts, CFB has the best highlight/pregame shows, CBB has the best coverage on a nightly basis. NFL andNBA have a ton of improving to do, they need to replace the entire staff except Jalen Rose and Ditka and Keyshawn, John Clayton and Steve Young.

Wilbon - sucks
Magic Johnson - just flat out dumb
Stu Scott - I don't even need to say anything
Boomer - should have retired years ago, his nicknames for players are the only thing I find funny
Tom Jackson - Uncle Tom is more like it
Mort - stay getting wrong info
Schlereth - always negative
Wingo - needs to stick to Sportscenter

And in regards to the sport they cover the most, it has to be the NFL, because they have entire shows dedicated to fantasy football, along with NFL Live duringthe OFF SEASON. They're not even playing football and I'll flip to ESPN and they're talking about sleeper fantasy picks. It's March, who cares?

I love watching baseball on ESPN. College football is probably right behind that, and then CBB. Other than that, I could careless.

Back
Top Bottom