What used car would you get for around 20k?

At-The-Geneva-Motor-Show-Mini-Car-Concept.jpg

try going to an auction, you have to pay a dealer or know somebody who can get you in, but used cars there are really cheap.
they are cars that finished their lease and are for sale, pretty much its the place where are used car dealerships buy their cars and then mark them up

try going to an auction, you have to pay a dealer or know somebody who can get you in, but used cars there are really cheap.
they are cars that finished their lease and are for sale, pretty much its the place where are used car dealerships buy their cars and then mark them up

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by saint lt

with 20k you might as well just get a new car bud.

Why?  It'll be worth $18K the minute you drive it off the lot.  He is far better off getting a 2-3 year old car and letting someone else eat the majority of the depreciation.
paying 20k for a used car is silly to me he can spend half that and still have a nice used car. there are new cars out that cost less than 20k .. unless dude is trying to impress someone i don't see the problem. 

Why?  It'll be worth $18K the minute you drive it off the lot.  He is far better off getting a 2-3 year old car and letting someone else eat the majority of the depreciation.
paying 20k for a used car is silly to me he can spend half that and still have a nice used car. there are new cars out that cost less than 20k .. unless dude is trying to impress someone i don't see the problem. 

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Taj gibson

20k would get you a whole lot, if you wanna go the new car route why not the new jetta?
Because I think he is a man.
you not about that life boy boy,
but op for less than 20 you can cop the infiniti FX and have money left over for insurance

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Taj gibson

20k would get you a whole lot, if you wanna go the new car route why not the new jetta?
Because I think he is a man.
you not about that life boy boy,
but op for less than 20 you can cop the infiniti FX and have money left over for insurance

for 20k, you're pretty limited when it comes to new whips, mostly compact whips

for 20k, you're pretty limited when it comes to new whips, mostly compact whips

Long shot, but I truly love this car.  Its good all year round and in any weather.  Not to mention their fast, and built well. Better examples with one or two owners and low miles will command a higher price (worth it IMO) but you should have money left over for any repairs that could come up.  The handling on this car is ridiculous and I've driven a lot of cars, very roomy inside for two people.  

Long shot, but I truly love this car.  Its good all year round and in any weather.  Not to mention their fast, and built well. Better examples with one or two owners and low miles will command a higher price (worth it IMO) but you should have money left over for any repairs that could come up.  The handling on this car is ridiculous and I've driven a lot of cars, very roomy inside for two people.  

You can get a BMW but just make sure it's a certified pre-owned. 6-year, 100k miles warranty. 3-series or 5 series around 50k miles. Not a bad deal imo but maintenance is always going to be an issue at that mileage.

You can get a used Lexus, GS or IS, for a mix of stunting and reliability.

You can buy new, but you probably won't like the options.

Don't lease.

I don't know why people think $20k is high for a used car? I bought a certified 2006 650i in 2008 with 8k miles for $52k. Buying used is the smartest idea when you find a good deal and have good haggling skills
pimp.gif

You can get a BMW but just make sure it's a certified pre-owned. 6-year, 100k miles warranty. 3-series or 5 series around 50k miles. Not a bad deal imo but maintenance is always going to be an issue at that mileage.

You can get a used Lexus, GS or IS, for a mix of stunting and reliability.

You can buy new, but you probably won't like the options.

Don't lease.

I don't know why people think $20k is high for a used car? I bought a certified 2006 650i in 2008 with 8k miles for $52k. Buying used is the smartest idea when you find a good deal and have good haggling skills
pimp.gif

I got my 07 Maxima SE w/40k miles for a little over 19k. Love this damn car. Fast and smooth ride, decent on gas, backseat leg room.

My #1 choice was an 07 TL but all the ones I found were just outside my price range
frown.gif

I got my 07 Maxima SE w/40k miles for a little over 19k. Love this damn car. Fast and smooth ride, decent on gas, backseat leg room.

My #1 choice was an 07 TL but all the ones I found were just outside my price range
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom