What was life like in the 90s? Vol. Old heads chime in

1627611355081.jpeg

Literally not knowing who is calling when you pick up the phone :lol: also remembering people’s phone numbers by heart :lol: I still remember phone numbers of homeys parents house from way back then I couldn’t for life of me remember anyone phone number now
I don't even know people's area codes now
Meanwhile there's about 8 landline numbers that are etched into my mind for life. I know it like i know their last name.

If you don't remember tiger stripe gum you ain't grow up in the 90s. 84 baby here.

I would give anything for some tcby yogurt.

Anybody remember being a kid and getting kicks from stride rite? I forget the store spelling. I remember my pops bought me a pair of karl malone's "mailman" signature sneakers.

Boy was it fun in the 90s.

If you don't remember tiger stripe gum you ain't grow up in the 90s. 84 baby here.

I would give anything for some tcby yogurt.

Anybody remember being a kid and getting kicks from stride rite? I forget the store spelling. I remember my pops bought me a pair of karl malone's "mailman" signature sneakers.

Boy was it fun in the 90s.
I think I had a pair of Keds from there in 1989, I thought it was Stride Ride but Stride Rite is apparently the correct name

There used to be a time where you could tell which part of the country someone was from by how they dressed.

Now social media has everyone dressing the same.
You still can tho. A Texas dude, a NYC dude and a Long Beach dude don’t dress the same. It’s the in between small town cats that adopted the amalgamated internet style.

I don't even know people's area codes now
Meanwhile there's about 8 landline numbers that are etched into my mind for life. I know it like i know their last name.

There's only about five phone#'s I even know by heart today. Mine, my parent house, my wifes, and the Pizza Hut and Police Station in the town I grew up in since the D.A.R.E. program etched that into my head:lol:

Sometimes I gotta check what my cellphone number is. Besides that I only remember a couple of family members' numbers.

I miss arcades. We got a dave & buster's but it was always crowded with annoying kids always running around.
It’s starting to comeback around here and it’s mostly catering to adults lol. We got Cindercade, it’s a cider brewery with a big arcade, Mr. Pixle on the northside, EightyTwo and Joystix downtown(Joystixis so NOT covid friendly idek if they opened back up).

Cause and effect type of situation there.

The 90s teams helped globalize the sport to the point where other countries could compete with the US.

Competition wasn't as stiff in the 90s.
Exactly. As much as I loved the team, I get so tired of people bringing up the dream team and how they didn't lose. Basketball was not as popular in those countries back then. Look at all the global players in the league now vs back then.

Exactly. As much as I loved the team, I get so tired of people bringing up the dream team and how they didn't lose. Basketball was not as popular in those countries back then. Look at all the global players in the league now vs back then.

True but I don't think, in general, the players have the same drive or motivation
that they used to. More easy come, easy go - too cool to show.

Back
Top Bottom