What was life like in the 90s? Vol. Old heads chime in

I think we peaked at communication with email. Everything after that has been truly a downward spiral in my opinion. More ways to communicate less ways to connect. All I did in the 90s was connect - had to go outside to get anything done. We’re so protected from our feelings now and it’s so easy to avoid anything even remotely unpleasant. Can literally just order everything to our doorstep and communicate with only like minded people. It’s driving such a big wedge into our hearts and psyches.

1659208291416.jpeg

I remember being able to get a pack of Newports for $2.29 or less in 1997, they went up in price slightly fall of that year. my advice is to never smoke cigs but they've been on the mind lately for sum odd reason.

Was watching some youtube videos and this guy showed this cool retro arcade in a dying mall. Place looked really cool.

I miss arcades. Used to live in a beach town for a few years as a kid and there was this big arcade right by the boardwalk.

I know some towns still have arcade type places but only place near me is dave & busters and that place sucks.

Was watching some youtube videos and this guy showed this cool retro arcade in a dying mall. Place looked really cool.

I miss arcades. Used to live in a beach town for a few years as a kid and there was this big arcade right by the boardwalk.

I know some towns still have arcade type places but only place near me is dave & busters and that place sucks.
think it's moar of an 80s thing but I miss how places such as pizza spots had games, a hockey rink where I played 1992-1995 had a tiny enclosed arcade which had SF2, another rink had Rygar (in 1992) but just out in the open. Bowling Alleys would have games too again maybe it's 1980s culture but the early 1990s were a lot like the late 1980s in many ways.

Rollerblading was everywhere

Ish is damn near extinct now but skateboards survived. Sometimes I wish I learned how to skateboard instead of that as a kid

I remember being able to get a pack of Newports for $2.29 or less in 1997, they went up in price slightly fall of that year. my advice is to never smoke cigs but they've been on the mind lately for sum odd reason.
Yup Kools we’re 150

think it's moar of an 80s thing but I miss how places such as pizza spots had games, a hockey rink where I played 1992-1995 had a tiny enclosed arcade which had SF2, another rink had Rygar (in 1992) but just out in the open. Bowling Alleys would have games too again maybe it's 1980s culture but the early 1990s were a lot like the late 1980s in many ways.
My local bowling alley would be empty sometimes on the bowling and have mad kids at the double dragon and Shinobi games

Rollerblading was everywhere

Ish is damn near extinct now but skateboards survived. Sometimes I wish I learned how to skateboard instead of that as a kid
skateboarders usually disliked aggressive inline skaters cause they would invade their spots is what I was told. as an ice hockey player I had a blast playing roller hockey, was actually better at it too for the simple fact that you could practice all day if you had enough concrete, we usually played on tennis courts that nobody ever used.

Arcades at the mall we’re a thing. Street fighter 2 mortal kombat tekken nba jam I think those games made millions in the mid to late 90s. There was no better feeling for a teen than beating another dude in front of his gf 🤣 in those fighting games

I don’t know if it’s been said but one thing I miss about the 90’s is you could tell where someone was from by the way they dressed/slang they used. My friend in high school was front LA and would go back home for summer and come back with new slang we’d use at school in Salem 😂
Every region has its own identity in the 90’s. Now, everyone dresses the same…smh

Are Saturday morning cartoons still a thing with kids?
I vaguely remember something about new laws basically requiring more educational programming for kids. The cartoons I/we grew up on probably didn’t meet the criteria. I remember a good 10 years ago having Saturday off from work, making a bowl of cereal ready for a nostalgia trip and no cartoons were on.

I don’t know if it’s been said but one thing I miss about the 90’s is you could tell where someone was from by the way they dressed/slang they used. My friend in high school was front LA and would go back home for summer and come back with new slang we’d use at school in Salem 😂

Blame the internet for that one.

Back
Top Bottom