What was the Jordan that first started your Jordan obsessions?

The IV's back in '89...mom's was like she is not paying a $100 for a pair of basketball shoes...so I missed out on them...but in '90 she put the V's on lay-away for me...20+ years later I'm still buying Jordan's...as for them IV's...yep I finally got them too...

I didn't have my first pair until 04, but I always admired Js when MJ balled in them or seeing different kids with them on. But I was either 7 or 8 back in 98 when I noticed the low black and chutney 13s. Some kid in my class had them on and we were lined up for a fire drill or something stupid like that lol. I looked down and happened to noticed it. Like the other 13 colorways also caught my eyes of course, but I don't know why those in particular really peaked my interest. Something about that little "Jordan" tag that does it for me. I think that's why now 13s are possibly my favorite numbered Jordans along with 11s and 12s.

Seeing a classmate with the OG III's and the attention he was receiving, and knowing there was no way I was going to get them, because of how much they cost

The IV's back in '89...mom's was like she is not paying a $100 for a pair of basketball shoes...so I missed out on them...but in '90 she put the V's on lay-away for me...20+ years later I'm still buying Jordan's...as for them IV's...yep I finally got them too...

Same exact shoe for me. Bred IV's to be exact. Then the Fire Red V's in 5th grade. Couldn't afford them back then though. I actually didn't get my first Jordan until like 9th grade. It's been a wrap since then...

The first AJ that I actually could share my passion with emotionally and physically, thanks JB 

Not the first pair I wore or saw, but what started my LOVE affair was most definitely the patent leather 11s.  When I saw him wearing those, I almost lost my mind, it was like I was in a trance.  Couldn't afford em tho and mom wouldn't buy em.  Next year, I saw Jordan wearing the white and red 12s on opening night, and the next night wearing the white and blacks.  I was stunned, and completely in love.  I got $ for my birthday, and walked into FNL the morning of release with my mom's permission to take a half day of school, and grabbed em with cash. 

Ironically enough, I didn't like the 13s the next year, and the original white/black 14s I didn't like either.  My next pair I got were the 15s my junior year and the concord 11 retro release my senior year.

But 11 and 12 were both just mesmerizing.  Literally, staring at the TV hoping to catch a close glimpse.

when i was 11 the jordan x's came out and those white/carolina blue/black ones my homie had i didnt and they were fire and then the xi's came after that i will have to say that started it for me

My friend had a beat up pair of Air Jordan IV

Instead, I ended up getting the next year my first pair of J's:

Ever since, while I enjoy the IV's, I have a special place for the V's in my heart.  I was fourteen when I got them.  That, gasp, was a long time ago.

Last edited:
V's were technically my 1st Jordan's back in the 3rd grade...

Mom's and Pop's got me laced with three sneaker purchases a year...Easter, start of the school year, and Christmas...Usually the Easter pairs were the previous seasons models (Jordan's, Barkley'setc...) that were on sale...The start of the school year I'd cop a pair of runners like Air Max or something...Finally Christmas was the newest model Jordans...

First pair I hustled was the Playoff XI's though...Took my beat down Concord's (Which I had gotten for Christmas 95') and talked some other cat into buying them for almost the full price of the Playoff's...

All history since then...

Happened to walk into the store and noticed the og Aqua 8's on display. I new about Jordans but wasn't up on them like that, that sealed the deal with me. Back when I was a kid those 8's was retail $115. That was too much back then, don't we wish we still had them prices now. 

in 97 a kid in my class had the playoff 12s, I was in the 2nd grade and I remember those were so dope

then when the 13s came out, I was in the 3rd grade and I got a pair of He got Games, size 3 
laugh.gif

Ever since then I have been obsessed

I got a pair of the infrared VIs in the fourth grade, and it led to me getting Jordans three out of the next four years. 

As an adult, I've mostly been into Dunks but the 88s got me buying Jordans and Nike basketball again for the first time in years.

Back
Top Bottom