What would you do in San Diego?

So I will have a chance to visit San Diego All Next March. What would you do in San Diego?

Nightlife: Pacific Beach, 5th Ave (downtown Gaslamp district), North Park

Hiking: Torrey Pines, Blacks Beach

Food: South Beach Bar and Grille (Taco Tuesdays, the best fish tacos in SD)

Misc: Tijuana, Red Light district
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AznGuyCZ

laugh.gif
Basically all you need. Encinitas is cool if you can get up north, otherwise La Jolla is beautiful. Luche Libre is a legit burrito spot (the one from Man vs. Food). I hope you like mexican food, beaches, good weather and girls.

I go to SDSU and I've lived here for a few years. Still not entirely familiar with the city but I'll suggest some spots.

I don't really do the club scene anymore but if you're interested in catching a band or something, check out The Casbah, Soda Bar, or the Tin Can Alehouse. We get a good number of bands. There are other venues too like 4th and B, House of Blues, etc for bigger names and other genres. Tin Can Alehouse is worth checking out just for their canned beer selection. Cheap place to go drink and catch an unknown band.

For drinks, there's a speakeasy downtown called Noble Experiment. It's inside of a restaurant called The Neighborhood (behind a fake wall of kegs.) They serve some pretty good old-fashioned cocktails. You do have to make a reservation in advance via text. This is a spot I like taking out-of-town friends. Pushing through the fake wall never fails to amaze.

The owners of Noble Experiment have two more spots in town that are worth checking out. El Dorado is a pretty cool restaurant/bar that serves Mexican style food. They have live music or a DJ on most nights. They have pretty good deals on margaritas during their happy hour. Another spot, Craft & Commerce, in Little Italy, has pretty amazing cocktails and re-imagined American style food. The roasted bone marrow and corn dogs are amazing.

One more spot I'd consider checking out is Starlite Lounge. The food here is okay but they make the best Moscow Mule I've ever had in my life. No other place compares. The place has a nice ambiance too.

For really damn good Mexican food, check out Las Cuatro Milpas in Barrio Logan. Simple cantina style restaurant. Pick a meat and get it in burrito or taco style. They have great rice and beans. The tamales are killer too.

For Asian food, just go up to Convoy St. and pick like...anything. They've got all the bases pretty much covered as far as the different Asian cuisines. For Vietnamese food, you might want to go to Little Saigon instead.

Go check out La Jolla. It's a pretty beautiful beach town. Hike Torrey Pines.

Visit the Stone Brewing Co. in Escondido. I think they're probably the best local brewery.

DO NOT GO TO THE SD WILD ANIMAL SAFARI! BIGGEST WASTE OF $$$$$ EVER!!! DO NOT GO

/rant

Originally Posted by solarius49

DO NOT GO TO THE SD WILD ANIMAL SAFARI! BIGGEST WASTE OF $$$$$ EVER!!! DO NOT GO

/rant
Thank you for bringing this up.
Absolutely agree with this. It's expensive AND it sucks. 

Originally Posted by AznGuyCZ

laugh.gif
False. Mariscos taco trucks. they a dollar any time of the day. $3 ceviche is bomb too. Go to the beach and surf (if you dont know how, take lessons) walk the boardwalk in Pacific Beach. Hodads for my favorite burger. go sing at j music studio in claremont. check out true north/u31/the office in northpark. take a hornblower cruise. Petco Park. check out the hotel del.

Back
Top Bottom