What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Originally Posted by ralph91

Someone tell me where i can get these. I like these more than the big line
(pics from ebay)
Like I said in the other thread I am pretty sure these were made for Virginia Tech  football to go with the black Nike Pro Combat uniforms. Not sure if they ever wore these. I could be totally wrong, but I think these were made for VTech football

hey guys I'm pretty sure those socks from "The Fashion Empire" are fakes. I ordered a couple pairs of the purple with white stripe to see what they were about and plus I always wanted that color. They came in today and there are a lot of things off (I'll post pictures soon, no camera on me at the moment) but the main ones were the material feels different, like they are thinner and the entire sock feels cheaply made. When you flip the top of the sock down and on real ones it says elite and has the size, these ones only have the size and dont say ELITE like all my authentic ones do, also the stitching seems kinda off in that area also. The squares that make the stripe are significantly bigger than regular ones. Like I said I will post pictures soon, but I just wanted to warn you guys that were thinking about buying from them. I suggest not to buy from them unless someone can get confirmation that they are real and maybe B-grades or something, and I've already emailed the seller so we'll see what he says.

Copped these today at HoH Wayne.

They have a full stock of black/white, red/white, navy/white and white/black.

Here's the pics of the fashion empire socks I ordered, they are the purple ones with white stripe and definite authentic ones are the royal with white.

First off there's no ELITE stitched into the rim of the sock on the purples.

The size is stitched into the sock though.

As you can see the stripe and sock are both WAY longer even though both are a size large.

The squares are much bigger on the purples.

Kind of hard to tell but there is no real "hump" formed on theirs when the sock is laid down flat. 

Another shot of the stripe length.

All the ones with the white square were purchased at niketowns, while the one with the much bigger square is theirs.

Sorry for all the pics but just trying to help you guys out. Hopefully someone can find out what's going on and if these are real or fake. But right now I am definitely leaning towards fake.

Who sell the high quarters Elites?

Academy in Texas used to sell them for like 8 dollars but they havent had any this year.

Originally Posted by vtotheinay

Here's the pics of the fashion empire socks I ordered, they are the purple ones with white stripe and definite authentic ones are the royal with white.

The size is stitched into the sock though.

As you can see the stripe and sock are both WAY longer even though both are a size large.

The squares are much bigger on the purples.

Kind of hard to tell but there is no real "hump" formed on theirs when the sock is laid down flat. 

Another shot of the stripe length.

All the ones with the white square were purchased at niketowns, while the one with the much bigger square is theirs.

Sorry for all the pics but just trying to help you guys out. Hopefully someone can find out what's going on and if these are real or fake. But right now I am definitely leaning towards fake.

When i first purchased my first elite socks (white/orange) off nike.com, the line was that long too when i got them. I compared it to another white and orange pair and yes they did change it up it seems.The square is much larger on the newer white oranges. So i believe that nike just changed the look a bit, and the ones with a way longer stripe, and a bigger box were made in like a first generation lets say. Hope this clears it up. BTW i did buy white/red stripe off fashion empire and havent recieved em. I dont think these are fake socks too.

Originally Posted by BKE420

Originally Posted by vtotheinay

When i first purchased my first elite socks (white/orange) off nike.com, the line was that long too when i got them. I compared it to another white and orange pair and yes they did change it up it seems.The square is much larger on the newer white oranges. So i believe that nike just changed the look a bit, and the ones with a way longer stripe, and a bigger box were made in like a first generation lets say. Hope this clears it up. BTW i did buy white/red stripe off fashion empire and havent recieved em. I dont think these are fake socks too.
I see but the thing that really bugs me is the way they feel. They don't feel like any of my other ones at all. They are really thin and like smooth, im not sure how to describe it. I guess you kind of just have to have the sock on you to tell and also they dont say ELITE on the sock rim as you can see on the pictures, I've got pairs from like a year or two ago up to like 2 months ago that I have bought from either Niketowns or Nike outlets and they all have that stitched into them. Like I said though, I guess you gotta have them on you to tell cause the material is way different and the stitching seems very poorly done. On mine both of the two big square cushion pads are coming unstitched around the edges everywhere.

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

Originally Posted by ralph91

Someone tell me where i can get these. I like these more than the big line
(pics from ebay)
Like I said in the other thread I am pretty sure these were made for Virginia Tech  football to go with the black Nike Pro Combat uniforms. Not sure if they ever wore these. I could be totally wrong, but I think these were made for VTech football

Yeah I'm pretty sure that says UT Prosim 

Anyone from the NYC area and in Queens, QCM just got blk/white red/white and blue/white.

Anyone know where I can get the navy's?

What happened to all the blue Elite socks?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom