What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]So all of ya are paying $12 for a pair of socks...[/color]
eek.gif
grin.gif
Yep.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by prayformojo

Ok, just got home from wearing my pair for the first time (black hi-quarters btw) and, boy, did my feet get HOT. Dont remember my feet ever feeling like that before, anyone else experience this? Do you think it was the socks or just random?
yea my feet get hot and the dri fit doesnt do anything, my feet still sweaty....but they are comfy so its all good.

^^^so whats the point then? basketball socks are suppose to keep your feet dry to prevent blisters.

your feet are gonna get hot and sweaty regardless of what kind of socks you wear. these elite basketball socks have more material in certain areas so that may be why you feel your feet are hotter than usual. these socks aren't going to keep your feet completely dry the whole time you play ball, that's just impossible. with that logic, why not just run water on the sock to see if it'll keep dry or not? anyway, since i've been playing in these socks (almost a year ago now) i've had none of that shifting or blisters i usually get playing in normal socks.

Originally Posted by dipped in butter

^ i signed up my new email for another nike account

They give you free shipping on your first purchase after signing up

good lookin' out. info definetly appreciated.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

anyway, since i've been playing in these socks (almost a year ago now) i've had none of that shifting or blisters i usually get playing in normal socks.

I used to get blisters quite frequently, but after wearing these socks I don't have that problem anymore as well.

i dunno if its because im quite light (150lbs) but i fund these socks a bit too thick... like i have less court feel with them on... they dont go well matched with my kobe v's... i think im going to go back to my normal dri fit socks. not as comfy but better court feel.

Blisters come from high cotton content causing friction. That's why I stay away from cotton socks. If the sock has more than 30% cotton, I don't own it.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Blisters come from high cotton content causing friction. That's why I stay away from cotton socks. If the sock has more than 30% cotton, I don't own it.
didnt really think of that but VERY good point...ill remember to look at the cotton content next time i buy socks for sports

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

lol socks expert...nt to a new degree 

Originally Posted by ROCK LA Familia

only nike can make you kids spaz out over socks.

True for general people but not me. I'm all about high quality and high performance socks.

Got my shipping confirmation, should be here tomorrow afternoon.
pimp.gif

EDIT: Thanks to andfattoo I got my one pair, navy, with free shipping.  Looking forward to playing in these.

just ordered 2x black pair on NDC today. I wanted Navy, but they were sold out.

I feel like an idiot for spending $25 on two pair of socks, but at least I got free shipping.

Oh well, hype got me

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

are the sizes posted, sock size or shoe size?

L and XL are available on NDC.

M size sock = 6-8 mens shoe size
L size sock = 8-12 mens shoe size
XL size sock = 12-15 mens shoe size

Originally Posted by manamazing55

just ordered 2x black pair on NDC today. I wanted Navy, but they were sold out.

I feel like an idiot for spending $25 on two pair of socks, but at least I got free shipping.

Oh well, hype got me

its not hype........... they are great socks point blank.  They are worth the money imo.

Back
Top Bottom