whats in a name? VOL....RAVEN symone

I think Fa'Eva is a dope name. I have a unique name and I'm very apprieciative of it. I personally think I'd be hella lame if my name was "Chris", "John" or "Michael" and there was like 3 other dudes with the same name in my school.

Didn't see the big deal here. What she said was clearly dumb. Not much discussion to be had other than acknowledging plenty other ppl think like this and make decisions based on this.

Still would impregnate.
:x :smh:

Raven out here looking like Jafar from Aladdin. :smh:
Looks disgusting nowadays, pre-surgery tho I would hold her hand in public.

im more so mad at how she doesn't see the irony in ghetto names when she has or could be considered ghetto

and the argument that she got turned down for jobs based of of skin and colors and such is not in the same vein as corporate job americe

last I check she was a millionaire and getting turned down for jobs as an actress is part of the norm because people are looking for something specific physically

people see my name and bug out

my name is Quentin ...... it not un common but I do get the how do you pronounce you name all the time

Also to add when I was a top mamnager at this grocery store a few year back had to kids
Tavirion and micheal

tavirion was a great worker

micheal was not

you hire the person not the name

jared fogle didn't have a ghetto name but......nvrmind

I didn't watch the video. Just read the article. So I don't know how her hair looks. So I guess I should've said who called her ghetto besides lamekilla

You can literally see her hair in the screen capture of the youtube vid on the first page....

Also to add when I was a top mamnager at this grocery store a few year back had to kids
Tavirion and micheal

micheal was not

Like I said, I think it really depends on the job. Names should not really be an issue with something like a grocery store. Hell, my mom's boyfriend has 2 DUIs which has led to jail time and has a job at a grocery store. But say you work corporate where all the senior management are people with their own morals, something as dumb as a ghetto name could omit you from even getting a interview even if you were qualified for the job. For example at my work right now, every department is head by a manager and that person decides who they hire and want to work with. One department is run by a black lady and she hired nothing but minorities where as the white manager hired nothing but white and Asian people. Hell, even one manager hired nothing but girls to work with. So the person hiring can hire whoever they want and even if he or she sees a ghetto name on an app, they might not want to interview that person for that very reason. It's sad but just the nature of things really.

Like I said, I think it really depends on the job. Names should not really be an issue with something like a grocery store. Hell, my mom's boyfriend has 2 DUIs which has led to jail time and has a job at a grocery store. But say you work corporate where all the senior management are people with their own morals, something as dumb as a ghetto name could omit you from even getting a interview even if you were qualified for the job. For example at my work right now, every department is head by a manager and that person decides who they hire and want to work with. One department is run by a black lady and she hired nothing but minorities where as the white manager hired nothing but white and Asian people. Hell, even one manager hired nothing but girls to work with. So the person hiring can hire whoever they want and even if he or she sees a ghetto name on an app, they might not want to interview that person for that very reason. It's sad but just the nature of things really.

True whats worse is i seen people think a person was a certain race by name and then look shocked when they werent who they thought. ... ie dewayne was a white kid

None of the names that were in the video seemed realistic enough to be an actual name. watermelondrea? tf?
If only I could find the link of the real ghetto names thread :lol: Real ppl named after the wildest **** ever and the spelling! The spelling :smh:

Didn't see the big deal here. What she said was clearly dumb. Not much discussion to be had other than acknowledging plenty other ppl think like this and make decisions based on this.

Still would impregnate.
:x :smh:

Raven out here looking like Jafar from Aladdin. :smh:
Looks disgusting nowadays, pre-surgery tho I would hold her hand in public.
I don't know about any surgeries. I'd still impregnate, don't really care what yall think.

Put 8 buns in that oven

Last edited:
Its not just ghetto names (spelling or whatever). It can be names that are typically given to Black Americans. People won't give their child the name Jerome because it sounds Black, but Jerome is an Irish name and there a plenty of White people with it (Jerry Seinfeld's name is Jerome).

Tavirion and micheal

micheal was not

The issue is getting to the interview.

Applying for a job online: If the recruiter is practicing discriminatory screening, they just eliminate any possible "he's a hard worker regardless of name" opportunities.

Agreed. When I worked at the boys and girls clubs back in undergrad, I'd often encounter little kids whose names were so off the wall that I couldn't help but to feel like they were being set up for a rough existence. The club that I was at was in a pretty impoverished neighborhood and you could tell that some of those kids didn't have the best home lives. There was this one family whose mother never came to pick up the kids. The youngest daughter's name was actually Fa'eva (Forever). Couldn't help but to feel unnerved by the mom's choice to make her that.

Yep. There were some real head scratchers in the youth programs I worked in. Although, I will say this: the names didn't bother me as much as the parents' thought process (or lack thereof) behind them. I felt bad for the kids more than anything. And, once you got to know the parents (if ever), then the mind races to figure out what else was going on in those homes.

This chick is always in headlines for some ******* comment. Not surprised she's an "All lives matter" supporter as well.

The fact that she used watermelon as an example is pure cringe :lol:

Its not just ghetto names (spelling or whatever). It can be names that are typically given to Black Americans. People won't give their child the name Jerome because it sounds Black, but Jerome is an Irish name and there a plenty of White people with it (Jerry Seinfeld's name is Jerome).
It's the same thing with the name Tyrone :lol:

I remember when I first met a white dude (Irish) named Tyrone :lol: Son was so proper. Culture clash for sure.

The issue is getting to the interview.

Applying for a job online: If the recruiter is practicing discriminatory screening, they just eliminate any possible "he's a hard worker regardless of name" opportunities.

Man i would lobby hard for people especiallysince the process was based on test scores red.green and yellow. My boss was.like tavirion is green but i dont know......

Wat about apple tho.

Wat if apple is green.
Naming your kid after a fruit or vegetable is mad weird lol. 

White people name their children some off the wall mess too.  Going to school around white people with names like Gunther, gunner, tripp, jace and other stupid **** like that always made me question their names. But let a black kid have a name with a q or apostrophe in it they wanna deem it ghetto 
laugh.gif
 foh.

I think I read on nt that someone wrote Anfernee Hardaway's mom just wanted to spell Anthony different or make it a different version of Anthony. I was wondering where the hell Anfernee came from. I wonder how many people actually call him by that name.

Back
Top Bottom