whats in a name? VOL....RAVEN symone

I just hate silly as names in general. You have a baby on the way, and you get the clever idea to name him D'Brickashaw or Benardrick. How the hell you even come up with that. Hate adding unnecessary letters and syllables to names.

Naming your kid after a fruit or vegetable is mad weird lol. 

White people name their children some off the wall mess too.  Going to school around white people with names like Gunther, gunner, tripp, jace and other stupid **** like that always made me question their names. But let a black kid have a name with a q or apostrophe in it they wanna deem it ghetto :lol:  foh.
"Hunter" :smh:

I think I read on nt that someone wrote Anfernee Hardaway's mom just wanted to spell Anthony different or make it a different version of Anthony. I was wondering where the hell Anfernee came from. I wonder how many people actually call him by that name.
Nah his father was drunk and told his mother to "Name his After Me."

That is what some dude on Comic View said in 95

Its not just ghetto names (spelling or whatever). It can be names that are typically given to Black Americans. People won't give their child the name Jerome because it sounds Black, but Jerome is an Irish name and there a plenty of White people with it (Jerry Seinfeld's name is Jerome).

Funny you say this, 1:30 mark 
laugh.gif

King Booker's Royal Coronation - Video Dailymotion

Aren't Darius and Marcus old-style European names too? Never see white people with those names anymore.

Some celeb named their child apple.

Is apple worse than fa'eva?

Gwyneth Paltrow is a multi millionaire who was born into privilege herself. Her child doesn't have to worry about looking for work or college admissions when your lunatic mom can buy your way in.

Gwyneth Paltrow is a multi millionaire who was born into privilege herself. Her child doesn't have to worry about looking for work or college admissions when your lunatic mom can buy your way in.
didn't she name her daughter Goop or something ?

Stay Schemin' C__nin' :smh:

Are Asians ****ing when they go by Western names when at colleges and work? I didn't know any Koreans at school that went by their ethnic name when not around their own. I knew more Tiffany's, John's, Ted's and Harry's than whatever their real name was.

Some celeb named their child apple.

Is apple worse than fa'eva?

FACTS.

You can laugh at the celebs but they don't really count in this discussion when we're talking job interviews/applications.

It's the same thing when some of yall say that kid will get roasted in school. You mean in the prestigious private school that costs more than your student loans to get in to? Doubt them kids worried or getting teased about that. Bet it's all about who is richer than who.

Last edited:
Are Asians ****ing when they go by Western names when at colleges and work? I didn't know any Koreans at school that went by their ethnic name when not around their own. I knew more Tiffany's, John's, Ted's and Harry's than whatever their real name was.
i always make an effort to ask, what's your chinese name, what's your korean name.

Stay Schemin' C__nin'
mean.gif
nothing wrong with that

asians can give themselves the dumbest names though 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

and its not like you cant tell they're asian since they keep the same last name

john chen, ted wang

why do non asians have "lee" as their last name? 

My Korean roommate's name was Hansuel / Hanseul but he told people to call him Sean. He should've just went with Han, it's cooler.

So honestly, what makes a name not normal?

That's the true issue. 

Some names can be ruined by things that are uncontrolled. I know a guy named Forrest and told me ever since Forrest Gump came out, it sort of ruined his name to where people think of that character more so than anything else. Also leave celeb names alone as well. Even though it works for them, it might not have the same impact on a kid that isn't famous.

Are we talking about American born Asians? Cause if so, western names are fine then. If they are Asian born, then most of the ones I know still have that name to this day.

i always make an effort to ask, what's your chinese name, what's your korean name.
Asian cultures see this so differently. I'm not sure stuff like ****ing and shucking & jiving are even a thing in that culture. Racism is seen very differently.

Also from my experience outside of extreme cases Asian Americans (like Americanized Asians raised in the American culture) don't even have this issue or care about it. They'll change their name and see no qualms about it.

Last edited:
its common practice for chinese (not born in america) to give themselves an english name once they start learning english which is why you get people with random words as their names. 

Most Asians from Asia change their names because Westerners that are ignorant to different cultures and/or different languages (most of the population) can't pronounce them or make fun of them.

Last edited:

I personally knew some of their real names because they lived on my floor and they were referred to as their Korean name during introductions. I go by what they want me to call them.
Are we talking about American born Asians? Cause if so, western names are fine then. If they are Asian born, then most of the ones I know still have that name to this day.

Both American and international.

None of the names that were in the video seemed realistic enough to be an actual name. watermelondrea? tf?

This!!!!!

She said she wouldn't hire anyone by the name of watermelondrea. How many people are named watermelondrea? Who would name their kid watermelondrea?

At the end of the day "may" not hire 5 folks in her life time named watermelondrea?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom