Whats the craziest/luckiest way you got a pair of Jordans?

Air Jourdane, that's not lucky, that's theft.

I have copped several J's at Thrift Stores.
Three to Ten Bucks for J's is silly sick.

today i saw a kid at school with the white/red xiis on
i asked where he got em because i know those are gone
i said finish line and when i got home i went and they had about 4 pairs in the back and i bought i pair size 12 for 99

YO! Man... blk/red XI OG.

Back when they first dropped, I had NO money. I was in the 8th grade. They released that Saturday and I just couldn't get them. So I came to school onMonday and EVERYBODY was asking me if I had them 'cause I usually got all the Jordans. So I just kept telling everybody that I did and I'd wear themlater on in the week like I usually did. There was this one kid who didn't believe me. Telling everybody I was telling a lie and that I didn't havethem. So I spent that Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday afternoon calling every store imaginable. That Wednesday... a Dillard's department store of all placessaid they had a 12. So I asked to hold them. So THEN I had to beg my Mom to get them for me - even though she said she'd never pay for my Jordans anymore(without me chipping in). She gets home at like 8:15. Dillard's closed 9:00. 30 minute drive to the place and she was taking her sweet time.
eyes.gif

But we got there just in time, bought the shoes. I wear them the next day and went up to that dude in lunch and said "told you I had them." Dude justrolled his eyes and was like "you probably got them last night or something."
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

DF!!!

Copped my Laneys for $45
DS OG Air Zoom Turfs in 2004 for $60 at a little spot we used to call the ******** in San Diego
Some store I snagged some DS T-Bugs (Tim Hardaway's sigs) for $40
Back in 2001 I went to a JB focus group and got like 4 AJ shirts, headbands, wristbands, notebooks, and some wht/blue AJ1s about a week before they dropped.Now that I think about it, thats where I first heard about Niketalk.

Not a very good one, but Black/metallic V. After around 8 months after RD I walked into my local spot and they somehow had 3 pair and one was in my size.

found some white black n red Dub Zero's for 5 bucks at a 2nd hand store. sold em for 90 after i cleaned em up

I've gotten so many steals over the years,..I don't know where to start. It's a little bit of luck, a little bit of work.
Here's the top 3.

Alltime steal would have to be a pair of NDS OG Jordan V 5 fire red #23 s at a thrift store for $2.99 (half off) and
while I was there I picked up some DS Airmax 1 all whites for $10. This place is closed now btw, this was like 2-3
years back.

I got a pair of DS OG Air Jordan 3 III white/cements off of ebay for like $12 like 3 years ago because of
the awful pic the guy had + a bad description. Wore them to school, and the sole ripped in half. Still managed to sell
them for like $200 though
pimp.gif

Here's the newest, a pair of VVNDS Jordan VI 6 infared retros for $111 shipped. They were buy it now for $99 with
$12 shipping, the guy bought them to wear at his wedding and they didn't fit so he put them on ebay. Caught these like
the second they were listed. Here's the ebay # ( 300209483391 ).

Sorry to anyone that gets mad reading this.
glasses.gif

summer 05 i was in south Carolina in the mall and the footlocker got the wrong shipment of AJ XX's they had the red ones instead of the tan color boys ....i grabbed in 2 secs it was meant to be

Well umm I get free jordans in the summer time..thanks to ma cuz Rip..my favorite out of all I got from him has to the black cement 3..I still wear them fromtime 2 time..I also had a lot of team jordans...but when I played b-ball I ran thru those .so there mostly all gone

MY homie had a pair of Og playoff 12s just sitting.
I begged for like a year naming all these prices.
One day i offer a pair of nds half cab vault vans and 60 dollar huf gift card.
and this guy accepts and gives me his VNDS playoff 12s

today was my lucky find day
pimp.gif

was walking around the mall today, and walked into 'sheikh' (for my california heads
pimp.gif
)
was looking around and i caught something in the corner of my eye.
turned and saw some DS 2007 metallic/fire red Vs on one of the shelves. Ran over to guy behind counter and asked if they were selling them and in what size.they had one pair left, size 9 and a half.
instantly copped them for a nice $80
pimp.gif

not really that big of a deal but this girl I was messing with when I was in highschool worked at footlocker and bought me the black/red xiii's. Icouldn't get to the store being that they came out on a wednesday and I was in school. So she bought them for me. I paid her back, but not in cash.
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

today i saw a kid at school with the white/red xiis on
i asked where he got em because i know those are gone
i said finish line and when i got home i went and they had about 4 pairs in the back and i bought i pair size 12 for 99
You sure you don't mean the 12.5 team jordans? There is no way on earth that anybody woulda bought wht/red XII's today in a Finishline.

But speaking of Finishline. My district manager was in a store and had the staff clean up the cash wrap area and behind one of the drawers he found a pair ofJordans in his size that had been released like 3 yrs earlier. So he bought them. They were Columbia XI's for $30. He thinks an employee stuffed them backthere and nobody knew or they forgot once they moved on or got fired.

3 months after the Blk/Red XIII's came out I walked into work and saw a pair on the wall for sale. They were 1/2 size too big but I bought them anyways.Sucks cuz I outgrew them and never wore them. Sold them on NT a year or two ago.

I got NDS AJ blk/red XI ie's off ebay for $40 shipped

got the OG white/red xii's off my old homie for $20.00 and they are 100% real Mcoys from 97 he used 2 jock MJ back in the days and had like 3 jersys and 5pairs of other jays that his folks bought him but he totally 4 got about him and luckly never realised their true value and the quality is better then theretros

"what could have been" looks like that change on the xi/xii package is gonna up the value of these unless theres a recall

it was literally 3 weeks after the dmps had dropped. my cousin knew this chick who worked at champs at a mall in raleigh. he was talkin kicks to her anddmp's came up. she said her husband worked at the champs in fayetteville and they got in 4 sets of dmps. so my cuz called me because he knew how i missedout on the initial release. she called her husband to hold the sets for me, when i get there he had 9.5, 8.5, 8.5, and 10.5. i asked him how in the hell did henot sell these and he said a store in missouri sent it to him because they couldnt get rid of it! the only downside...these were the first set of dmps with thegold J-O-R-D-A-N on the eyelets. so yes, they are DS but bleeding.

I purchased a pair of fire red 3s from pickyourshoes for nearly 200.00. The same day i walked into Foot Locker and there sitting on the wall was a pair of theFire Reds in the exact same size I had just ordered. I got em for retail. I hurried home and cancelled my pickyourshoes order. this all happened about 1yr ago

Copped a sample Jordan Firce III jacket of my boy for $25. Ended up selling on eBay though.

Got Jordan VIII's for $9.99 which washalf off the original price of $19.99 and a special secret outlet:

Copped 2 packs of DMP's for $150 each a few moths back, and they are authentic. (the luck is that I got them at an outlet two months back)

Copped sold old stock kicks for $20 each:

Got my first 2 XIII X packs for $125, but they weren't my size so I got a 3rd for $230 after tax with my employee discount. Sold everything except for onepair of XIII's which was in my size.

For cats who don't know these Gems, they are OG fakes from 1985, and I've even seen them go on eBay for around $300, but I copped for $30.

a few years back for some reason a guy thought i already paid for some OG XIII's on ebay and it was an auction i didnt even bid on or ever knew about, sohe kept sending me emails asking for my address to send the shoes (to this day i still dont understand how he got my email addy)...so i give him my address, aday later he figures out i wasnt the winner and flashes on me about trying to get over on him, but the very next day he sends me the same damn question askingfor my address!...so i give it to him again and viola i got a free pair of XIII's from ebay without bidding or anything

i thought dude was going to send a bomb to my house or try to get me

I would consider my biggest steal being my cool grey 11s. I traded my citrus 7s and infrared 90s for both the 11s and 2003 retro white and red 8s. I guess ucan say my boy was pretty traumatized after that trade.
roll.gif
hes never beenthe same since.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by blee23

From a cost standpoint I have two great stories:

1) I walked into a nike outlet and got a piar of DS Black metalic II's for $14.99
2) I checked out the clearance rack of a Sports Authority about a year ago and got some Midwest XX's for $50

Crazy wise I have a great story on how I got my Grails:

Sr. year of High school '00-'01 I was not really heavy into the shoe game I would just check NT occasionaly but I wasn't a member yet and really only had 2 pairs of Js (just didn't have the dough at the time). I went to CT on a college visit and stopped at a local mall near the school to get some lunch. Naturally I had to walk by the footlocker and see what was up. When I went in my jaw dropped when I saw some infant sized concords. I was like man I used to dream about these back in '96 but could never attain them. I asked the dude if there were any adult sizes and he was like "nah sorry man these sold out in minutes. And they dropped like a weeek ago" Luckily another employee overheard homeboy and he was like wait a min. what size are you? I told him 13 and he was like oh man today is you lucky day, about a half hour ago some dude returned these size 13s b/c he said they didnt' fit right. It was the only pair in the store and obviously I copped in a heart beat. Sadly I've worn them to the point of beaters but I had an ill Sr Seson in those joints Avg 19 PPG - It's gotta be the shoes.

I can't beleive that poor sap returned a crispy pair of Concords - what was he thinking? One mans loss is another mans gain though
smile.gif

i work at FootAction and this happens all the time after a jordan release. Peoples face light up when i tell them i still got one last J in theirsize!!!

Originally Posted by Code6

Working at Foot Locker, Had a "Buy One Get One 50% off" guy came in to buy xx1's, didn't want a second item so I asked if he minded I get the 2nd item he said he didn't mind. Ran to the back grabbed stealth xx's I hid away collecting dust in the stockroom for over a year, got em for $35 bucks.

Same year, guy walked in with retro xiv, got them as a gift from a family member (a couple months back) and they didn't fit, wondering if he could return them without a receipt, manager said no, saw the guy on my break told him i'd buy them off him for $50 bucks, he said why not....
laugh.gif

similar story, like 10 months after the stealth Vs released some dude walked into my store with a pair, size 12.5. I thought they were fake, inspectedthem, they were good. He wanted to return them but back then i wasnt management so my manager told him to get the hell out. If he woulda accepted the return Iwoulda copped those for like 30 bucks and sold them on ebay....im still mad at my manager

Back
Top Bottom