What's the Easiest Sport?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Soccer is the easiest sport to be moderately good at, but in terms of anything above that its hard.

Its the easiest at a recreational level.  Thats it.
this...

trust me to be REALLY good at soccer is imo maybe the hardest sport to master and be sick at. It just takes so many skills, speed, control, enduance, footwork, etc. But i agree it is no THAT hard to be recreational good at, soccer is one of the only sports i have NEVER played and i played in like a fun rec league %%%! at my school and i was able to be a pretty good defender just because i was pretty athletic and played with a high motor and just went at kids. But i have friends who play soccer at D1 college levels and some of the %%%! they do are just
eek.gif
eek.gif
and i dont even think i can do that kinda sick %%%! in sports i am really good at. I mean a good friend of mine once made a play where he got through the entire defense with just
eek.gif
moves and %%%! and than he had the last 2 defenders come at him before the goalie and he kicked it above both their heads, rand around them, got the ball before the goalie could and scored an easy goal. It was just unreal and just took so much control and footwork and %%%! i couldnt even imagine doing %%%! like that.

I love football but I think its the easiest sport to get into. Ifyou're big and fat, you can become an OT or D-lineman. If you'reathletic and strong you can be a RB, LBer, etc. If you're fast you canbe a receiver or play in the secondary. It requires the least amount ofskill out of the major sports but it requires a ton of athletic ability.
and that.

If you have athletic ability and or just freakishly big (both of those things are hard to achieve though) you can be a succesful football player. But saying that, if you are 7 feet or some %%%! you are almost guarenteed to be able to play ball at SOME college even if you have the most basic skill because size like that cannot be teached but skills can be tought over time. That is the reason it is easy to be succesul in football if you are big, athletic, or both. It is ALOT easier to teach football skills and route running than it is to teach somebody to be 200+ punds and run a 4.3-4.4, or be 350 pounds and strong, or be on some Brian Urlacher %%%! where you are 260 and run a 4.5, power like that cant be taught, but the skills can. But i agree if you are athletic it is easiest to play with no skill. IE if you are playing WR or OT and you are JUST big or JUST athletic, that is even easier than a 7+ footer playing ball with 0 skill.

EDIT: also does track count? I forgot about that. I mean football or basketball is easier to play with athletic ability because both require ALOT of athletic ability. But i mean i have never done track and i dont wanna sound ignorant, but track is ALL athletic. While it is easy to be good at football if you ae athletic it still requires skill other than that, if you are athletic and have 0 skill at any sport, you are still a guarenteed track star
laugh.gif
Not saying its easy to be a freak athlete, but there are really not a lot of skills to pick up at all.

than again NONE of the %+@# i just said about being good at bball, track, or football applys if you are just some average unathletc dude, if that applys to you no sport is eally easy to master, id go for golf or some %+@#, not saying its easy but its probably the sport you have the highest chance to be succesful in
laugh.gif

How could soccer be the easiest sport? You actually have to be coordinated to run around while dribbling a ball. I think basketball is the easiest for anyone to play since it involves catching a ball, something just about anyone can do, and shooting it up at a basket. You may not be good at it, but you're still playing the sport whereas in soccer you have to have some sort of athletic ability to be able to handle a ball with your feet.

Originally Posted by kidoopz

How can Soccer be easy. that statement has me stumped. At arecreational level, it has to be Football. Flag football? lol.. Justrun and get open , or aim and pull at the flag
tongue.gif
.. There end of discussion
So in football all you have to do is run and get open?  Thats it?  Only get open?
Do you see where I put "flag football"  If anyone draws up plays or blocking schemes in flag football then you are just trying too hard lol.  Easiest sport right there. 

Players dont catch the ball in flag football?  Must be a new rule change....

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

How could soccer be the easiest sport? You actually have to be coordinated to run around while dribbling a ball. I think basketball is the easiest for anyone to play since it involves catching a ball, something just about anyone can do, and shooting it up at a basket. You may not be good at it, but you're still playing the sport whereas in soccer you have to have some sort of athletic ability to be able to handle a ball with your feet.

How are you going to dismiss soccer because of the dribbling yet you mention basketball as the easiest sport and dont mention dribbling in regards to basketball??

Dribbling a soccer ball isnt a requirement to play the sport.  Ive seen MANY people just pass and kick.

I still cant believe you mentioned dribbling in one sport and not in the other. 
laugh.gif

Dribbling a basketball isnt a requirement to play the sport.  Ive seen MANY people just pass and shoot.

laugh.gif

Soccer is definitely not the easiest to play. i'd have to say basketball is the easiest. Doing a task with your hands is most times easier than
doing a task with your feet.
IE dribbling, passing, shooting with your hands as compared to doing those same things with your feet.

By far, slow-pitch softball is the easiest sport to pick up. If you strike out in that #%@!, you're just letting down your country.

Originally Posted by gabers

Dribbling a basketball isnt a requirement to play the sport.  Ive seen MANY people just pass and shoot.

laugh.gif

Soccer is definitely not the easiest to play. i'd have to say basketball is the easiest. Doing a task with your hands is most times easier than
IE dribbling, passing, shooting with your hands as compared to doing those same things with your feet.
You must not understand biomechanics then.

^ So you're saying it's easier to dribble, pass and shoot a ball with your feet instead of with your hands? 

laugh.gif

You must not understand biomechanics then.
Lol my bachelors and masters degree in physical education might disagree with you. I always hated my biomechanics classes though
so maybe you're right. So i'll just say from my 4 years of teaching PE, that for elementary and junior high kids, it's easier to do those
certain skills with their hands then it is for them to do with their feet.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

^ So you're saying it's easier to dribble, pass and shoot a ball with your feet instead of with your hands? 
Im saying its easier to kick something than it is to catch it.

Lol my bachelors and masters degree in physical education might disagree with you. I always hated my biomechanics classes though
somaybe you're right. So i'll just say from my 4 years of teaching PE,that for elementary and junior high kids, it's easier to do those
wink.gif

So why is soccer the most popular youth sport?

somaybe you're right. So i'll just say from my 4 years of teaching PE,that for elementary and junior high kids, it's easier to do those
wink.gif

It's the most popular sport cause kids love to run around at that young age. Are you asking about the easiest sport, after acquisition of
a minimum amount of skills or just going out and randomly playing something?

wink.gif
It's the most popular sport cause kids love to run around at that young age. Are you asking about the easiest sport, after acquisition of
a minimum amount of skills or just going out and randomly playing something?

Im talking about a scenario like this:

"If you had X number of people (X being an appropriate number of peoplefor the sport) and access to every piece of equipment needed and anyfield surface, what sport would you play?  The people involved are ofdifferent ages, skill levels (some are athletic, some arent even closeto athletic), and have different backgrounds in athletics.  You have tofind a sport that everyone can play and it will still be slighltycompetitive and fun for everyone involved."

Soccer requires the smallest amount of skill to be slighlty competitive.  The minute details of the game are challenging, but in order to just play and not look clueless it doesnt take much at all.

Soccers also a popular youth sport because its very easy to teach children.  They dont have all of their fine motor skills developed yet but they have enough to play soccer.

IMO the easiest sport is whatever sport you're good at. And growing up as an active kid, i've done almost every sport your parents put you to. Baseball, basketball, soccer, football, boxing, karate, well... everything but hockey i guess.   In my case,  the easiest for me would be boxing.  Yeah the training is hell, its still easier for me to hit the heavy bag, than dribble a basketball
laugh.gif
  And I love playing ball...  I like to mimic Kobe, Shammgod, Iverson, and Tim Hardaway... but no matter how hard i try... i can never get that crossover right
smh.gif
     Worst for me would be baseball...   just could never hit the damn ball

Golf......

people not even walking just hoping on a kart

Baseball too, half these dude look a little too fat.... Not always physically demanding

mad respect to soccer dudes cause of the running and bumpin.... you gotta watch the kicks too.

^^  I'm gonna have to disagree with you on golf.  I worked in a golf course, tried to hit balls in a driving range...  i always ended up popping them up, or hitting ichiro type grounders
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Golf......

people not even walking just hoping on a kart

Fam, you smokin.  Golf is the most difficult !!*! on this planet.  I swear that every once in a while it looks like me and my homie are out there playing hockey in the fairway.

Originally Posted by kidoopz

How can Soccer be easy. that statement has me stumped. At arecreational level, it has to be Football. Flag football? lol.. Justrun and get open , or aim and pull at the flag
tongue.gif
.. There end of discussion
So in football all you have to do is run and get open?  Thats it?  Only get open?
Do you see where I put "flag football"  If anyone draws up plays or blocking schemes in flag football then you are just trying too hard lol.  Easiest sport right there. 
Players dont catch the ball in flag football?  Must be a new rule change....

Don't get smart. How hard is it to actually catch a football.  lol.  Your saying soccer is the easiest b/c Majority of kids play it when they are younger?  That makes it the easiest sport? Well that's your opinion and mine sticks with football. "flag" ofcouse
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom