what's the strangest place you picked up J's for cheap or even free??

1996,I got the OG steel grey and shadow x's for $10 each at rack room shoes in the gurney mall in Illinois I ended up picking these up because we searched most of Chicago and northern Illinois for the blk red xi's and couldn't find them any where, especially after the news ran a story about them being band from most Chicago schools because of gang violence

1996,I got the OG steel grey and shadow x's for $10 each at rack room shoes in the gurney mall in Illinois I ended up picking these up because we searched most of Chicago and northern Illinois for the blk red xi's and couldn't find them any where, especially after the news ran a story about them being band from most Chicago schools because of gang violence

I walked into a Footlocker in Salt Lake City (I forget the name of the mall, but it was like the only sneaker store there) wearing my Black/Silver 1/2 Cents and the manager came over and told me he liked my shoes and that people in that area really didn't wear shoes like that. We talked for a second and he told me that he could tell I was a real head and not a hype beast and then said he had something in the back I'd be interested in, he went on to say someone had just returned an Infrared pack in my size, and that he would give it to me with his discount just because. So while its not odd to get a pair of J's from Footlocker, it is odd for the manager to go completely out of his way to hook me up. I think they cost me about $200.

I walked into a Footlocker in Salt Lake City (I forget the name of the mall, but it was like the only sneaker store there) wearing my Black/Silver 1/2 Cents and the manager came over and told me he liked my shoes and that people in that area really didn't wear shoes like that. We talked for a second and he told me that he could tell I was a real head and not a hype beast and then said he had something in the back I'd be interested in, he went on to say someone had just returned an Infrared pack in my size, and that he would give it to me with his discount just because. So while its not odd to get a pair of J's from Footlocker, it is odd for the manager to go completely out of his way to hook me up. I think they cost me about $200.

about 4 or 5 years ago i was visiting some friends in eastern Iowa, stopped by the sporting goods store there just to look around. Went into the shoe room and it was like stepping back in time 10+ years. Yea they had a few newer nikes and what not, but nothing great. they still had a full stock of the first White/Black Lebrons, and this was 2 or 3 years after they came out for $59.99. on the other wall they had Original Jordan 7's black/red, 8's black/red, aquas, white/red, 9's black/red, white/black. Every color of OG 10's, Every color of OG 11's and 12's. They also had numerous Barkleys, Bakins and other stuff all OG!! I couldnt believe my eyes. i walked outta there with 40+ pairs of shoes. Went back numerous times to see if i cleaned up shop, and each time there i would find something else and walk out with 5-10 pairs. The owner of the store was really unorganized, so I never really knew if he would get everything in the back that i asked for. I peeked in the stock room once, and it was just boxes and boxes piled up all scattered everywhere. I finally asked him if I could just go back there and look around, and he let me. i found about 10 powder blue 10's all smaller sizes, that i bought. then i came to one box that hadnt even been opened yet, it was marked 93, so i knew it might be good. opened it up and it was at least 25 pairs of Aqua 8's all sizes up to 7.5 I told him I'd take it all. I bet i bought close to 100 pairs of shoes from that store, and sold all of them. I havnt been back there is a few years.

sorry for the long read, just thought i'd share my story  

about 4 or 5 years ago i was visiting some friends in eastern Iowa, stopped by the sporting goods store there just to look around. Went into the shoe room and it was like stepping back in time 10+ years. Yea they had a few newer nikes and what not, but nothing great. they still had a full stock of the first White/Black Lebrons, and this was 2 or 3 years after they came out for $59.99. on the other wall they had Original Jordan 7's black/red, 8's black/red, aquas, white/red, 9's black/red, white/black. Every color of OG 10's, Every color of OG 11's and 12's. They also had numerous Barkleys, Bakins and other stuff all OG!! I couldnt believe my eyes. i walked outta there with 40+ pairs of shoes. Went back numerous times to see if i cleaned up shop, and each time there i would find something else and walk out with 5-10 pairs. The owner of the store was really unorganized, so I never really knew if he would get everything in the back that i asked for. I peeked in the stock room once, and it was just boxes and boxes piled up all scattered everywhere. I finally asked him if I could just go back there and look around, and he let me. i found about 10 powder blue 10's all smaller sizes, that i bought. then i came to one box that hadnt even been opened yet, it was marked 93, so i knew it might be good. opened it up and it was at least 25 pairs of Aqua 8's all sizes up to 7.5 I told him I'd take it all. I bet i bought close to 100 pairs of shoes from that store, and sold all of them. I havnt been back there is a few years.

sorry for the long read, just thought i'd share my story  

Reminds me of a store that was here in town that had all OG Nikes from mid/late 90's for sale. No Jordans just Nike and British knights. This was around 2001, it was a place that sold furniture but for some reason had a wall in the back of the store all filled up with OG sneakers. All pairs were between $10-15 each. I remember picking up a pair of all Black Nike Air Raids and couple others. Felt like I won the lottery!

Reminds me of a store that was here in town that had all OG Nikes from mid/late 90's for sale. No Jordans just Nike and British knights. This was around 2001, it was a place that sold furniture but for some reason had a wall in the back of the store all filled up with OG sneakers. All pairs were between $10-15 each. I remember picking up a pair of all Black Nike Air Raids and couple others. Felt like I won the lottery!

Nike_Campus_Tour_23.jpg

Second Floor - Sports Marketing storage room. (NR2)
That space is the Holy of Holies on campus.
Boxes and boxes of surplus NIKE and Brand Jordan NBA player exclusives.

Nike_Campus_Tour_23.jpg

Originally Posted by CWK

Nike_Campus_Tour_23.jpg

You win
pimp.gif
. End Thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CWK

Nike_Campus_Tour_23.jpg

You win
pimp.gif
. End Thread
laugh.gif

Found jordan xii low in goodwill for $10 about a year ago. Not beat and in my size.

Found jordan xii low in goodwill for $10 about a year ago. Not beat and in my size.

I have a few. Found OG Raptors for $5 in the back if a Hispanic mans truck at the flea market he wasn't even selling but let them go anyway. Cleaned them up and got like $120 for them here. Same flea market I found OG 13's black/white for $10 in a size 9.5 that I still have. Found some great condition Jordan 2009 for 7 bucks at a thrift store. Found some BEAT BEAT BEATT OG Columbia XI at the same thrift for 1.50 that I trashed hooping. OG Shadow 10s about a year after release at Ross for 29.99. There's more that I can't remember right now.

I have a few. Found OG Raptors for $5 in the back if a Hispanic mans truck at the flea market he wasn't even selling but let them go anyway. Cleaned them up and got like $120 for them here. Same flea market I found OG 13's black/white for $10 in a size 9.5 that I still have. Found some great condition Jordan 2009 for 7 bucks at a thrift store. Found some BEAT BEAT BEATT OG Columbia XI at the same thrift for 1.50 that I trashed hooping. OG Shadow 10s about a year after release at Ross for 29.99. There's more that I can't remember right now.

Mines had to be the french blue 7s that came out back in 02. I went to my local moms and pops store, got dude that worked there to bring them out to me in my size, ask him if I can see another size cuz they didn't fit "yeah right" lolz. I looked around to make sure the coast was clear lolz As soon as dude went to the back to check and see, I put them joints right under my rocawear sweater and str8 DIP SETTED right outta that MOFO......LMAFO
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  I  was good money cuz I got them for free99, u can't get any better then that baby  
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom