Whats up with fat people drinking diet soda?

This old fat dude at my job comes in with 4-5 Diet Dr. Pepper's every day and crushes them ALL in one day
sick.gif
Drinks em warm too. I don't know how he's still alive.
sick.gif

warm soda is the worst

havent drank any soda/pop in a while and probably won't ever again 
laugh.gif

It might be just me but I hate that aftertaste from diet coke/pepsi 
sick.gif

anything with aspartame is not necessarily good for you. beverages still have carbonated water which is essentially sugar water.

sips my sugar free red bull.....
contains aspartame 
nerd.gif
Bro WTH? 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Absolutely hate the taste of diet soda... or diet anything for that matter. My friends who take working out pretty seriously occasionally have a soda on cheat day and when they do, its always diet. Their reasoning is that when you have a strict diet, even diet soda can taste amazing. Also no sugar and zero calories. :\

Diet soda is nasty

Haven't had regular soda in like a month (which is good for me) besides mixing some brown w/coke the other day

Its because diet soda is healthier and doesn't have sugar. Regular soda is just empty calories

A large regular soda could be like 400 calories. Rather get diet with 0 calories.

Also when people say you gain weight drinking diet soda its bull****

I lost 100+ lbs counting calories and drinking diet soda.

Its because diet soda is healthier and doesn't have sugar. Regular soda is just empty calories

Healthier?

You're joking, right?

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

I have been requested by the FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research to respond to your request for an evaluation of the article received via an e-mail message on the alleged toxicities of the artificial sweetener, aspartame.

My name is David Hattan and I am currently Acting Director of the Division of Health Effects Evaluation in the United States Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition. I have worked on questions relating to the safety of aspartame repeatedly since 1978 and am familiar with the safety studies that have been conducted to support the safety of this food additive...

Second, the claim that aspartame ingestion results in the production of methanol, formaldehyde and formate: These claims are factual.

You're better off drinking regular soda and even better off drinking water.

Last edited:
havent drank any soda/pop in a while and probably won't ever again :lol:
It might be just me but I hate that aftertaste from diet coke/pepsi :x

I RARELY drink pop but when I do that **** burn my throat...my older bro drink 2 2 liters of coke a day smh

Healthier?

You're joking, right?

Uhhhhhhh NO.

First of all, while it is true that it can become a type of formaldehyde, aspartame is broken down extremely fast in the body and more often than not it becomes formic acid which is excreted from the body faster then it is formed. Second, that video cites studies that were performed on rats who were fed aspartame constantly and massively disproportionate to their body mass so obviously they are going to have an adverse reaction. He even says in the video that the FDA reviewed the studies and found them to be inaccurate. Thirdly, if you see the safe intake of aspartame for the US it is at 50 mg/kg so an average person weighing 200 lbs(approx 90 kg) could intake up to 4500 mg of aspartame per day and not cause harmful long term side effects. That would be about 90 cans(!!!) of coke zero per day before you start doing damage to yourself.

So have no fear all you diet drinkers, you are good to go with your 1-2 cans a day although I would argue that drinking diet soda is just going to make you compensate that calorie saving by eating something else in place of the regular soda.

Don't really drink soda anymore. But nothing worse than grabbing a Mt Dew quick without looking and realizing it's diet when you're already home

Back
Top Bottom