What's with the hate on DJ Quik?

I was reading the Timbo thread, and
smh.gif
@ the hate towards Quik. I like Timbo and acknowledge his accomplishments, but
smh.gif
@ people calling Quik wack, especiallyon "Justify My Thug". Jay could've asked someone else to do it, but he chose Quik, and he did a good job on it. If Quik isn't relevant atall right now, why did Snoop ask Quik to help him out on Ego Trippin (just heard the song produced by Quik on it, it was good).Many of Quik's albums aregood (Quik is the Name, Way 2 Fonky, Rythmalism, Balance and Options, Trauma, etc.), but they're not the type to be judged within 15 seconds of listening .Each song has to be listened from start to finish in order to be appreciated fully. Quik has helped out some of the most popular artists, and he is verytalented. It's a shame that he isn't fully recognized in the levels of Timbo, Just Blaze, Dr Dre, Premo, etc. I'm not saying Quik is the God andRZA, Timbo, Dre, Premo, etc. are just lil peons in the world of Hip-Hop beats, I appreciate them and I give respect when it's due. I just think that Quikdoesn't deserve the hate, just because he's from Cali or BET doesn't give him any attention.

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate, but *$!! it.

Its because there's a bunch of dudes who aint been alive as long as Quik's been in the game that want to act like they know what theytalking about.

Quik aint in the same league as Tim, but his contributions to the culture cannot be ignored.

its cuz don't nobody like that old school wst coast soundin $@#!...

quik is wack today... he mighta been dope in the early 90s but today? hell nah...

and send one is right... only people approachin 30 !#*! wit quik...

i remember Jay saying he wish there was one track that he left off of The Black Album and Quik was the first person that came to mind
roll.gif

^I'm 17 and I mess with him
embarassed.gif

But he's one of my favorite producers. I don't mind the old school west coast sound.

Quik's style stays boxed in.

I mean, if you can't make more than one type of beat, you can't be considered with the elite.

Dude contributed during his time in the '90's. but that's about it.

And it's not even hate. DUde in that thread specifically stated Quik was better than Timbo.

When you make ridiculous comments, you're bound to get some backlash.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

i remember Jay saying he wish there was one track that he left off of The Black Album and Quik was the first person that came to mind
roll.gif

i wish he would have tha song really might be on my top 10 worst ever.
jesus
laugh.gif

besides the fact that he sucks i dont know

He gets hate on this board because alot of these cats are simple minded sheeps who don't nothing about hip hop

Originally Posted by mossman75

He gets hate on this board because alot of these cats are simple minded sheeps who don't nothing about hip hop

Then YOU tell me how DJ Quik has defined Hip Hop. Please elaborate with ALL of his contributions.

Funny how most of your argument will reside in the mid 90's but won't transcend into the new millenium....??
laugh.gif

Get out of here you clown.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Then YOU tell me how DJ Quik has defined Hip Hop. Please elaborate with ALL of his contributions.

Funny how most of your argument will reside in the mid 90's but won't transcend into the new millenium....??
laugh.gif

Must be that time of the month for you duke FALL BACK

Its funny i am getting all this hate for defending somebody like, I am a DJ Quik fan, i like his music, if i say he's better than another producer justlet it be. Man y'all act like little girls

I just don't like his music that much...it's not hate. I'm sure he did his thing at some point, I'm just not interested in hearing anythingfrom him right now

I don't think its hate I just think its dudes that don't know Quik's catalog. Not familiar with dudes music. Its not their fault. He's aunderrated producer and rapper.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I don't think its hate I just think its dudes that don't know Quik's catalog. Not familiar with dudes music. Its not their fault. He's a underrated producer and rapper.
So, so true
smh.gif

I just don't like his music that much...it's not hate. I'm sure he did his thing at some point, I'm just not interested in hearing anythingfrom him right now

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I don't think its hate I just think its dudes that don't know Quik's catalog. Not familiar with dudes music. Its not their fault. He's a underrated producer and rapper.

If they don't know about his catalog and saying he's wack they shouldn't even speak bad about him

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

laugh.gif

Must be that time of the month for you duke FALL BACK

Its funny i am getting all this hate for defending somebody like, I am a DJ Quik fan, i like his music, if i say he's better than another producer just let it be. Man y'all act like little girls

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You're saying two different things now buddy. Only reason youre getting hate is because you can't accept the fact dudes aint on Quik like you wantthem to be. So if for odd reason we disagree, we 'don't know anything about hip hop and are sheep' You said it yourself.
eyes.gif

We get it. You're a fan. Kudos to you for backing up for the artists/producers you listen to.

But at the end of the day, Quik ain't been relevant since the Rugrats were a staple on Nickelodeon.

Quik is one of my fav producers/MC's, I grew up on his music. Quik>Just Blaze (don't really like his beats at all besides the ones he did for BeanieMac), it's all a matter of taste

we know enough of his catalog to know we don't wanna hear anymore of that bs... dude can't rap for @!$% either... that @!$% don't fly in 08... thatwack %$% group @!$% he got out... u seen that video? tell me that @!$% aint garbage...

his music is just too #@%%#% regional... nobody outside of cali likes that bs... @!$% I don't even think cali #@%%#% wit him today...

I'm 19, and I must say I'm not THAT heavy on his music to be honest. But from the songs I have heard its...EHHH. He may have been relevant or hot back then but now not so much. LOL @ "Justify my Thug".

Originally Posted by TW3EK

we know enough of his catalog to know we don't wanna hear anymore of that bs... dude can't rap for @!$% either... that @!$% don't fly in 08... that wack %$% group @!$% he got out... u seen that video? tell me that @!$% aint garbage...

his music is just too #@%%#% regional... nobody outside of cali likes that bs... @!$% I don't even think cali #@%%#% wit him today...
laugh.gif

This dude talkin' way reckless about Quik. Homie, dude paved the way for producer/emcees, such as yourself. Show respect. And quite frankly, what youbring to the table will never hold a flame to what Quik has done for hip-hop music. Quik's worst lyrical performace basically is more entertaining thanthe best you have to offer. Believe that. And before you cry foul, how you look critiquing a dude who is a VET and well-respected across the board, whenyou're here on NT pushing you beats? Don't nobody want to hear YOUR *%#@--I think you got that part twisted. Be honest--you can only wish you couldhave as much success as a beatmater/lyricist as DJ Quik has had. If you say different, you're lying to yourself.

It boils down to 95% of Niketalk being too young to even remember Quik's debut. 95% of Niketalk doesn't even know his whole catalog, without going toamazon.com. 95% of Niketalk was in elementary school during the mid to late 1990's. 95% of Niketalk has no idea that he was behind a grip of the tracksoff "All Eyez on Me", and many other classics from that Death Row era.

And yo, go to Cali and say that they don't rock with Quik anymore. You'll get that snotbox rocked, my friend. And as far as being "hot",what does that even mean? Mainstream? Popular? Because honestly, dude is still nice with the beats--you just may not have them shoved down your throat likeyou would with say, Timbaland.

Again, I'ma chalk a lot of the ignorance and hate in this thread up to not knowing dude's full body of work and age. *%#@, half you dudes are 19,talkin' about you've been Wu-Tang fans from the jump. Eff outta here.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I eff with quik, i didn't know he was so disliked on this site, last time they had a west coast dedication thread, he got some love.

Quik's Groove
pimp.gif

Quik is sonically on a different level. He plays instruments and uses them in alot of his production.

Im not gonna argue with anybody cause maybe people just don't like him but I will forever be a fan...

He made that when he was like 19.... ask yourself what you were/are doing at 19.

SMH

Back
Top Bottom