What's with the hate on DJ Quik?

its cuz don't nobody like that old school wst coast soundin $@#!...
and then you said.
nobody outside of cali likes that bs... @!$% I don't even think cali #@%%#% wit him today...
smh. you sounding real bad right now but thats your opinion.

I got love for Quick. No doubt.

DJ Quik
pimp.gif

Summer is comin up. Damn straight imma bump this.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by TW3EK

we know enough of his catalog to know we don't wanna hear anymore of that bs... dude can't rap for @!$% either... that @!$% don't fly in 08... that wack %$% group @!$% he got out... u seen that video? tell me that @!$% aint garbage...

his music is just too #@%%#% regional... nobody outside of cali likes that bs... @!$% I don't even think cali #@%%#% wit him today...
laugh.gif

This dude talkin' way reckless about Quik. Homie, dude paved the way for producer/emcees, such as yourself. Show respect. And quite frankly, what you bring to the table will never hold a flame to what Quik has done for hip-hop music. Quik's worst lyrical performace basically is more entertaining than the best you have to offer. Believe that. And before you cry foul, how you look critiquing a dude who is a VET and well-respected across the board, when you're here on NT pushing you beats? Don't nobody want to hear YOUR *%#@--I think you got that part twisted. Be honest--you can only wish you could have as much success as a beatmater/lyricist as DJ Quik has had. If you say different, you're lying to yourself.

It boils down to 95% of Niketalk being too young to even remember Quik's debut. 95% of Niketalk doesn't even know his whole catalog, without going to amazon.com. 95% of Niketalk was in elementary school during the mid to late 1990's. 95% of Niketalk has no idea that he was behind a grip of the tracks off "All Eyez on Me", and many other classics from that Death Row era.

And yo, go to Cali and say that they don't rock with Quik anymore. You'll get that snotbox rocked, my friend. And as far as being "hot", what does that even mean? Mainstream? Popular? Because honestly, dude is still nice with the beats--you just may not have them shoved down your throat like you would with say, Timbaland.

Again, I'ma chalk a lot of the ignorance and hate in this thread up to not knowing dude's full body of work and age. *%#@, half you dudes are 19, talkin' about you've been Wu-Tang fans from the jump. Eff outta here.

well said
pimp.gif
Quik is a legend

how? quik is wack to most of the world... only u west coast losers like that %!@%...

CAN'T WE ALL JUST BE HAPPY AND GET ALONG........I MEAN FOR THE DUDES THAT AIN'T WIT QUIK......GO TO BEST BUY OR UR LOCAL MOMS & POPS STOP AND COP ACOUPLE OF THE BUMS (ALBUMS).......GET UR MIND OPEN SO UR OPEN MINDED.........SIT UR LITTLE TUSH DOWN AND PRESS PLAY LISTEN CAREFULLY AND PAY ATTENTION ANDLEARN SOMETHING!!.........AND OBVIOUSLY AS WE HAVE STATED TIME AND TIME AGAIN THE GAME IS SO DIFFERENT NOWADAYS THAT IN ORDER TO MAKE MONEY YOU GOTTA STAY ONTHE RADIO AND MAKE THAT RINGTONE MUSIC.......SO MOST OF STUFF RIGHT NOW IS SOUNDING THE SAME........MAYBE THERES AN EXCEPTION BUT NOT ENUFF...........MATTER OFFACT I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR A BEAT CO-PRODUCED BY TIMBO & QUIK........AND TO MY MANS UP THURR WHO SAID "JUSTIFY MY THUG" WAS THE TRIZZAK THAT SEANCARTER WAS TALKIN' BOUT THE ONLY SONG HE WOULD HAVE TAKEN OFF...........THAT SONG WAS FIRE ALL THE WAY AROUND.......SO CALMED DOWN, PULL UR PANTS UP &GO COP THOSE TRACKS FROM QUIK......EASYYYYYYY!!!

mossman75 wrote:
He gets hate on this board because alot of these cats are simple minded sheeps who don't nothing about hip hop

120px-Cosign_3d_logo.gif

- which is why i really cant !#$@ with the music forum.

- i will say this though, Quik is if not the first, one of the first prducers/rappers that could actually pull both off effectively. another thing about Quikalot of young cats dont know is its more that just beats with Quik. dude is a musician that %$@*# with other musicians.....Quiks groove anyone?

- yeah, he may not be relevant today, but alot of artists with real %!%+ to bring to the table arent relevant to these dumb kids today either so whats thepoint?

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

mossman75 wrote:
He gets hate on this board because alot of these cats are simple minded sheeps who don't nothing about hip hop

120px-Cosign_3d_logo.gif

- i will say this though, Quik is if not the first, one of the first prducers/rappers that could actually pull both off effectively. another thing about Quik alot of young cats dont know is its more that just beats with Quik. dude is a musician that %$@*# with other musicians.....Quiks groove anyone?

- yeah, he may not be relevant today, but alot of artists with real %!%+ to bring to the table arent relevant to these dumb kids today either so whats the point?

playing an instrument doesnt make u a good producer... and i saw ur little cheapshot b4 u edited... what does me not liking quik's music have to dowith anything... i give him his Ps for what he did but i still dont like his music... now i have no knowledge because i have an opinion... kiss my +*! oldman...
laugh.gif

I personally just don't like his tracks like that. But hey if ya'll feel him thats you but his music doesn't do anything for me. Doesn'tnecessarily mean he's wack just I don't like his music like that. Plus, that beat Dom posted was OK, nothing special IMO.

how? quik is wack to most of the world... only u west coast losers like that %!@%...

West Coast losers....

LOL. This is the problem with some people. They talk reckless because they can hide behind a screen name. I don't know you and you don't know me but Iam going to have enough respect to not disrespect where your from. Calling folks from the west coast losers is just plain stupid.

I am 25 going on 26 and IMO DJ Quik is a west coast legend. I have grown up on his music and I respect him a lot. I don't like a lot of what he is goingnow but from 89 to 01 dude was great.

I don't have a problem with you not liking him or respecting him. That is your right. But to disrespect a whole coast is just plain stupid. You probablywon't listen to this and will probably call me wack or whatever but go ahead. Hide behind that SN and talk that mess.

Just one question...where are you from?

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Quik is one of my fav producers/MC's, I grew up on his music. Quik>Just Blaze (don't really like his beats at all besides the ones he did for Beanie Mac), it's all a matter of taste

roll.gif
Ok taste only goes so far. But saying quik > just is just wrong. I mean somebody can say hey I like Tony Parker, but if they say hes better than Magic Johnson....then they're wrong. Catch my drift?

Originally Posted by tupac003

West Coast losers....

LOL. This is the problem with some people. They talk reckless because they can hide behind a screen name. I don't know you and you don't know me but I am going to have enough respect to not disrespect where your from. Calling folks from the west coast losers is just plain stupid.

I am 25 going on 26 and IMO DJ Quik is a west coast legend. I have grown up on his music and I respect him a lot. I don't like a lot of what he is going now but from 89 to 01 dude was great.

I don't have a problem with you not liking him or respecting him. That is your right. But to disrespect a whole coast is just plain stupid. You probably won't listen to this and will probably call me wack or whatever but go ahead. Hide behind that SN and talk that mess.

im from cleveland... and ummm i aint even tryin to disrespect yall per say... i just hate the music... i aint never been out there to hate theculture/area... i just dont like the damn music...people take my words too literal... im not hiding behind a screen name talkin %!*$ cuz id tell dj quik idont like his damn music... its not that deep...

Originally Posted by Heshua

Quik is one of my fav producers/MC's, I grew up on his music. Quik>Just Blaze (don't really like his beats at all besides the ones he did for Beanie Mac), it's all a matter of taste

roll.gif
Ok taste only goes so far. But saying quik > just is just wrong. I mean somebody can say hey I like Tony Parker, but if they say hes better than Magic Johnson....then they're wrong. Catch my drift?

Been tryna say that.
laugh.gif

West Coast losers....

LOL. This is the problem with some people. They talk reckless because they can hide behind a screen name. I don't know you and you don't know me but I am going to have enough respect to not disrespect where your from. Calling folks from the west coast losers is just plain stupid.

I am 25 going on 26 and IMO DJ Quik is a west coast legend. I have grown up on his music and I respect him a lot. I don't like a lot of what he is going now but from 89 to 01 dude was great.

I don't have a problem with you not liking him or respecting him. That is your right. But to disrespect a whole coast is just plain stupid. You probably won't listen to this and will probably call me wack or whatever but go ahead. Hide behind that SN and talk that mess.

im from cleveland... and ummm i aint even tryin to disrespect yall per say... i just hate the music... i aint never been out there to hate the culture/area... i just dont like the damn music...people take my words too literal... im not hiding behind a screen name talkin %!*$ cuz id tell dj quik i dont like his damn music... its not that deep...

How am I supposed to take you words? You said only west coast losers like his music. I am from the west coast and I like his music, so are you calling me aloser?

I would call people from cleveland losers for liking bone or ray cash or whoever. Its cool I see where you are coming from but not everybody can get down withquik and how he does certain things with his music.

All I am trying to say is watch your words. You may just be playing but its hard to detect that on a message board.

roll.gif

how can you really say someones production is better than someone elses and thats that. music and basketball are different.

TW3EK wrote:
Originally Posted by seasoned vet

mossman75 wrote:

120px-Cosign_3d_logo.gif

- i will say this though, Quik is if not the first, one of the first prducers/rappers that could actually pull both off effectively. another thing about Quik alot of young cats dont know is its more that just beats with Quik. dude is a musician that %$@*# with other musicians.....Quiks groove anyone?

- yeah, he may not be relevant today, but alot of artists with real %!%+ to bring to the table arent relevant to these dumb kids today either so whats the point?

playing an instrument doesnt make u a good producer... and i saw ur little cheapshot b4 u edited... what does me not liking quik's music have to do with anything... i give him his Ps for what he did but i still dont like his music... now i have no knowledge because i have an opinion... kiss my +*! old man...
laugh.gif

- where in my post was i even talking to you
nerd.gif
? it must be truth in thewords i typed seeing how you responded. my comments were about the general consensus of the music forum in general, in which:

alot of these cats are simple minded sheeps who don't nothing about hip hop

- and it was that simple really.
- and this isnt coming from a cali dude (im from the midwest). i understand Quik's style is an aquired taste but to se people call it west coast crap? thatalone tells me the individual is very young or very stupid, throw NT Music Forum in there and its probably both.
- i wouldnt go as far as some have gone to compare him to anyone, but real recognizes real, Quik is far from crap.

what does me not liking quik's music have to do with anything

- nothing. wasnt talking to you. didnt even read your post to know you didnt like his music.

playing an instrument doesnt make u a good producer

- no it doesnt. but playing one broadens ones concept of music....real music. its like hip hop producers that listen to rock and other music,it doesnt make them a good producer but it gives them one up on one sided producers that only listen to one type of music. thats why alot of the greats listento everything, and alot of great song writers play instruments as well.....Quik does both.

- see, its little tidbits like these that people who know real music dont have to be explained to them.

and i saw ur little cheapshot b4 u edited

- calm down, no 'cheap shot' was edited......and why would i? who are you?
- i edited twice but the second time it didnt look like it took so i just left it how it was.

kiss my +*! old man...
laugh.gif

- cool. yeah im an old man.....and you sound young, really young....and dumb.

roll.gif

DJ Quik is better than Just Blaze

Just Blaze needs to produce a whole album first to be in Quik's League

Originally Posted by wildout4

how can you really say someones production is better than someone elses and thats that. music and basketball are different.

It's simple. Would you say that my 3 year old cousin banging away on a piano is better than Beethoven playing the piano? No you wouldn't. Somemusic is just better than others. It is more complex or better put together. If you want to argue that, then you are arguing just to argue.

And to the guy who said Just Blaze needs to produce an album first, are you implying that he is not capable of doing that?

West Coast losers....

im from cleveland... and ummm i aint even tryin to disrespect yall per say... i just hate the music... i aint never been out there to hate the culture/area... i just dont like the damn music...people take my words too literal... im not hiding behind a screen name talkin %!*$ cuz id tell dj quik i dont like his damn music... its not that deep...
And here is the problem with dudes like you. You equate YOUR personal tastes to someone not having talent, or being a garbage producer. Just becauseYOU personally don't like one's styles doesn't mean that that said person has no skill or talent. Maybe in your opinion, but that is what itis--your opinion. You have no place whatsoever talkin' about most people think Quik is garbage, or the West coast doesn't rock with him. How the %%+@do you know? If you're not feeling it...fine. That I can understand...we all have our personal preferences. But to go out of your way to hate and proclaimdude is wack and basically has no talent, is straight up hate. Like, you're bashing anyone and everyone who's opinion is different from yours, and whatis your backing? Your opinion. Ask any notable hip-hop producer about Quik, and they'll tell you dude is one of the illest and most respected dudes in thegame. As mentioned before, this guy makes compositions, not just beats. Dude's ear for music(not just hip-hop) is uncanny. I figured as a guy who isfollowing in the same vein as Quik(producer/emcee), you would have some respect for that. But I guess not. And honestly, that says A LOT about where you'reat.

Originally Posted by mossman75

roll.gif

DJ Quik is better than Just Blaze

Just Blaze needs to produce a whole album first to be in Quik's League
Man....

I love quik. I really really love quik's music...

But I don't think he is better then Quik.

I would love to see just blaze do a whole album but its easy for quik to do that since he also raps.

Quik definitely isn't as good as he once used to be in his prime, but not everyone gets better as time passes.

Some of you may not understand what I mean by this... but his SOUND... sonically, was definitely above par.

Whether a person thinks he's a definition of Hip-Hop or not... Quik's MUSICIANSHIP can shatter a lot of producers' egos.

Your opinions can stay your opinions, but what Quik does in the studio definitely has earned my respect as one of my most favorites.

Step out the Hip-Hop/Rap box for just a second, and appreciate the sound he's done for others...

Back
Top Bottom