What's with the hate on DJ Quik?

Originally Posted by Heshua

Originally Posted by wildout4

how can you really say someones production is better than someone elses and thats that. music and basketball are different.

It's simple. Would you say that my 3 year old cousin banging away on a piano is better than Beethoven playing the piano? No you wouldn't. Some music is just better than others. It is more complex or better put together. If you want to argue that, then you are arguing just to argue.

And to the guy who said Just Blaze needs to produce an album first, are you implying that he is not capable of doing that?

well who's better between mozart and beethoven? the no such thing as better than the next. its all opinion.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by TW3EK

Originally Posted by tupac003

how? quik is wack to most of the world... only u west coast losers like that %!@%...

West Coast losers....

LOL. This is the problem with some people. They talk reckless because they can hide behind a screen name. I don't know you and you don't know me but I am going to have enough respect to not disrespect where your from. Calling folks from the west coast losers is just plain stupid.

I am 25 going on 26 and IMO DJ Quik is a west coast legend. I have grown up on his music and I respect him a lot. I don't like a lot of what he is going now but from 89 to 01 dude was great.

I don't have a problem with you not liking him or respecting him. That is your right. But to disrespect a whole coast is just plain stupid. You probably won't listen to this and will probably call me wack or whatever but go ahead. Hide behind that SN and talk that mess.

Just one question...where are you from?

im from cleveland... and ummm i aint even tryin to disrespect yall per say... i just hate the music... i aint never been out there to hate the culture/area... i just dont like the damn music...people take my words too literal... im not hiding behind a screen name talkin %!*$ cuz id tell dj quik i dont like his damn music... its not that deep...
And here is the problem with dudes like you. You equate YOUR personal tastes to someone not having talent, or being a garbage producer. Just because YOU personally don't like one's styles doesn't mean that that said person has no skill or talent. Maybe in your opinion, but that is what it is--your opinion. You have no place whatsoever talkin' about most people think Quik is garbage, or the West coast doesn't rock with him. How the %%+@ do you know? If you're not feeling it...fine. That I can understand...we all have our personal preferences. But to go out of your way to hate and proclaim dude is wack and basically has no talent, is straight up hate. Like, you're bashing anyone and everyone who's opinion is different from yours, and what is your backing? Your opinion. Ask any notable hip-hop producer about Quik, and they'll tell you dude is one of the illest and most respected dudes in the game. As mentioned before, this guy makes compositions, not just beats. Dude's ear for music(not just hip-hop) is uncanny. I figured as a guy who is following in the same vein as Quik(producer/emcee), you would have some respect for that. But I guess not. And honestly, that says A LOT about where you're at.

if i dont like something wouldnt that make it wack to me genius?
roll.gif

and im not tryin to follow quik... im doin my own thing... aint like i seen dj quik and said i wanna rap and make beats... i b forgettin that N raps... butits whatever... yall gone defend dude til the death so imma just let it rest...

Originally Posted by Heshua

how can you really say someones production is better than someone elses and thats that. music and basketball are different.

It's simple. Would you say that my 3 year old cousin banging away on a piano is better than Beethoven playing the piano? No you wouldn't. Some music is just better than others. It is more complex or better put together. If you want to argue that, then you are arguing just to argue.

And to the guy who said Just Blaze needs to produce an album first, are you implying that he is not capable of doing that?

well who's better between mozart and beethoven? the no such thing as better than the next. its all opinion.

But quik is neither mozart or beethoven, so that is irrelevant.

Safe + Sound is THE greatest summer rap album of all time, believe that, on top of being a certified classic to begin with. Don't even get me started onhow nasty "Dollaz and Sense" was . . .

Originally Posted by tupac003

how? quik is wack to most of the world... only u west coast losers like that %!@%...

West Coast losers....

LOL. This is the problem with some people. They talk reckless because they can hide behind a screen name. I don't know you and you don't know me but I am going to have enough respect to not disrespect where your from. Calling folks from the west coast losers is just plain stupid.

I am 25 going on 26 and IMO DJ Quik is a west coast legend. I have grown up on his music and I respect him a lot. I don't like a lot of what he is going now but from 89 to 01 dude was great.

I don't have a problem with you not liking him or respecting him. That is your right. But to disrespect a whole coast is just plain stupid. You probably won't listen to this and will probably call me wack or whatever but go ahead. Hide behind that SN and talk that mess.

Just one question...where are you from?

im from cleveland... and ummm i aint even tryin to disrespect yall per say... i just hate the music... i aint never been out there to hate the culture/area... i just dont like the damn music...people take my words too literal... im not hiding behind a screen name talkin %!*$ cuz id tell dj quik i dont like his damn music... its not that deep...
And here is the problem with dudes like you. You equate YOUR personal tastes to someone not having talent, or being a garbage producer. Just because YOU personally don't like one's styles doesn't mean that that said person has no skill or talent. Maybe in your opinion, but that is what it is--your opinion. You have no place whatsoever talkin' about most people think Quik is garbage, or the West coast doesn't rock with him. How the %%+@ do you know? If you're not feeling it...fine. That I can understand...we all have our personal preferences. But to go out of your way to hate and proclaim dude is wack and basically has no talent, is straight up hate. Like, you're bashing anyone and everyone who's opinion is different from yours, and what is your backing? Your opinion. Ask any notable hip-hop producer about Quik, and they'll tell you dude is one of the illest and most respected dudes in the game. As mentioned before, this guy makes compositions, not just beats. Dude's ear for music(not just hip-hop) is uncanny. I figured as a guy who is following in the same vein as Quik(producer/emcee), you would have some respect for that. But I guess not. And honestly, that says A LOT about where you're at.

roll.gif

and im not tryin to follow quik... im doin my own thing... aint like i seen dj quik and said i wanna rap and make beats... i b forgettin that N raps... but its whatever... yall gone defend dude til the death so imma just let it rest...
Hey idiot, you totally missed the point. As I said, taste is one thing. You are making it out like dude has no skills at what he does whatsoever. Thoseare two entirely different things. I could care less if you like his sound and what he does, because again, we all have our own tastes. But that doesn'tmean that you can't respect his craft and his place in the history of hip-hop. Denying dude's contributions is blatantly ridiculous. You can givesomeone their just due without really feeling their work. It's called respect. And you ARE following in Quik's footsteps, whether you know it or not.You don't have to be directly influenced by dude to be following. The simple fact that you are an aspiring producer/rapper means that you are trying toexcel in something that he paved the way for. If you don't understand that, you don't understand history and it's significance. And that is theproblem with knuckleheads like yourself..no sense of respect for the dudes that got you in a position to even have a shot at becoming relevant. And let'sbe honest--you'd KILL for a chance to be half as relevant to hip-hop music as DJ Quik is. Don't lie.

yea

shawty lo vs hov... they both rappers right? they're a tie wit ur logic... please...

yea

shawty lo vs hov... they both rappers right? they're a tie wit ur logic... please...
Wrong again. Look man, just give up. You refuse to achknowledge my points and just basically throw out slick comments. You know what I mean, but youjust don't want to admit it. If I thought how you say I do, you'd be on the same level as Quik. And that's laughable, at best. Take those corny,tin can beats and throw em in Lake Erie kid. After 9 years in the game you're peddling your beats for $75 a pack. You're not built for this, my dude.

^ my reply wasnt even to u genius...

and whatever... u doin the same thing u say im doin...

O %%%#!!!! DUDE DISSED MY BEATS?!?!?!?!!? WHO SAW THAT ONE COMING? I KNO I DIDNT
nerd.gif

Quik
pimp.gif

the sound of summer in my opinion.

who cares what anyone else says, i bump his stuff daily. any fans should definitely check out one of his shows.
...just came in here to show my apprectiation.
avy check.

i just never cared for him.
i think his song on The black album is the only song i dont listen to

roll.gif
No.
grin.gif

Here's the problem, dogg... You're quick to call people "losers" for them liking a certain artist,

And also quick to generalize and say he's "wack to most of the world."

Some people replied with sense, and say they simply just "never cared for him."

Do they think he's wack? Do they think the people that listen to him are losers?

Let's take Ray Cash... I never cared for him. I'm not from Cleveland like you are, if you do listen to him.

How much of an idiot would I sound if I called you a loser and say Ray Cash is wack to the rest of the world...

he mighta been dope in the early 90s but today? hell nah...
I'm not a huge Quick fan........ But like dudes said, his legacy can't be ignored.

Your man TW3EK acting like this era is going to be anything more than an eyesore in the history of hip hop. Sorry to give you bad news duke, but nobody isgoing to give a I SH what is popping in '08 down the road.

^then stop listenin and posting... u sound stupid... maybe u old dudes wont care but who really gives a #!$* what yall think?

rythm-al-ism = appreciated

damn its been 10 years since that album came out. damn i feel old i remember buying that cd like it was yesterday.

quiks beats are somewhat out of touch in todays era of snapdance ringtone rap. that being said i rather relive the 90's and listen to quik over alot of thejunk thats out today.

I think a lot of the "hate" on this board towards Quik comes from Justify My Thug. A lot of people don't really like that beat and sadlyit's one of the few Quik tracks they've knowingly listened to. They don't necessarily like it, therefore they dismiss his entire catalog based onthat one song.

His music to me just brings in this smooth-ness - laid back type of vibe. It's something I can just pop in and drive around or just let it play whileI'm at home. He may not be behind your favorite hip hop classics, club anthems, etc. but to blatantly label his SOUND as wack is crazy to me.

Some may want to check out some of his songs before certifying this man's music as wack....

Mausberg ft. Quik - Get Naked
eek.gif

Jadakiss ft. Snoop & Quik - Shine
Talib Kweli ft. Quik - Put It In The Air

His Songs:

Down, Down, Down
Trouble
Pitch In On A Party
Sexuality
Tonite
Hand In Hand
You'z A Gansta
Dollaz & Sense
& all of his Quik's Groove -- these are a must.

Or, just pick up any of his albums and let them play... the majority of them are dope.. with the exception of his newer newer stuff which seems to suit theradio & try to keep up with the mainstream. But Quik has some good songs and complete albums in his resume.

Quik
pimp.gif

Dudes Style Is Differnt From Everyone Elses.

Quik Is The Name, Balance N Options, Rhythymalism, Safe + Sound... Classic West Coast Funk.
BTW Mausberg - Non Fiction
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Booz N Shoes213

BTW Mausberg - Non Fiction
pimp.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
...check out the song "ain't free" off that album.beat is
eek.gif

reading this thread there are obviously some people thataren't fans of him, but the thing about Quik is he could careless what you think of him(unlike other rappers who bring an attitude of i'm the best, buymy stuff). at the end of the day he will be in the studio just having fun making dope music that (in my opinion) is in a class by itself.

HAHA NT is comedy

Buy the Best of DJ Quik and say dudes wack.

that would be like someone saying Eric B is wack. his beats sound too old school.

^then stop listenin and posting... u sound stupid... maybe u old dudes wont care but who really gives a #!$* what yall think?
roll.gif

This dude. You sound like a butthurt little kid, who can say nothing else but "you're stupid". All you have is insults and saying that youdon't give a ++%% what someone thinks. Well, obviously you do as you continue to insult people who don't see things the way you do. If you reallydidn't give a #++%, you'd shut up and sit down. And SMH at "old dudes". Clearly nobody taught you to respect your elders.
laugh.gif

Regardless, its good to see so many people rocking with Quik. Is he the greatest to ever do it? Who am I to say--to each his own. But I do know he is alegend, and that can't be debated. DJ Quik is responsible for some of the illest, laid back, smooth beats I have ever had the pleasure of hearing. His"Quik's Groove" installments > many producer's catalogs.

Definitely looking forward to more new material.

^what!? u smoke crack dont u...

I am dead serious, Just Blaze is aight, i never thought dude was that great. If i made a top 10 he wouldn't make it

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

^^ Everywhere I go, it's like you're bumpin' heads with someone on here.
laugh.gif

Me? Never!
laugh.gif

You must be referring to that Sheed AF1 post. Naw man, I'm not even an unreasonable dude. I just HATE when I see people posting straight up ridiculouscomments, like not liking the new Sheeds makes you an elitist. Or you're a loser if you listen to Quik. Or nobody on the West coast even listens to Quikanymore. Like yo....WHAT?! Where do people come up with this stuff?

Originally Posted by DrefromSJ

HAHA NT is comedy

Buy the Best of DJ Quik and say dudes wack.

that would be like someone saying Eric B is wack. his beats sound too old school.

Whoooooa buddy. Statements like these are the reason why people are 'hating' on Quik.

Quit the comparisons.

Me? Never!
laugh.gif

You must be referring to that Sheed AF1 post. Naw man, I'm not even an unreasonable dude. I just HATE when I see people posting straight up ridiculous comments, like not liking the new Sheeds makes you an elitist. Or you're a loser if you listen to Quik. Or nobody on the West coast even listens to Quik anymore. Like yo....WHAT?! Where do people come up with this stuff?

Same thing in common with almost every other ridiculous post...

Assumptions and generalizations.

Back
Top Bottom