When it comes to BMW's & Benzes...

If I ever bought a Mercedes it would have to be something amg. Better believe I wouldn't get a used one.

Cause if you can afford a new m5 why not? But I feel you on not buying new. I know 4 people that copped a m5, 2 that copped a m6, one that got a e63. All in the past year. All of them paid under $50k and cars all have less than 30k miles and most of them come with 100k mile warranty. But its not just Euros. My mans just copped a 08 LS460L last week with 20k miles for $45k with 100k mile warranty too.

Cause if you can afford a new m5 why not? But I feel you on not buying new. I know 4 people that copped a m5, 2 that copped a m6, one that got a e63. All in the past year. All of them paid under $50k and cars all have less than 30k miles and most of them come with 100k mile warranty. But its not just Euros. My mans just copped a 08 LS460L last week with 20k miles for $45k with 100k mile warranty too.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

From a financial perspective it doesn't make sense, though.

It may not make sense for peole who can't afford it and I wouldn't recommend it to someone who cant. I purchased my 5 series brand new in 06. They actually didn't have the color with all of the features I wanted on the lot so I went to the site and customized mine and ordered it. I didn't finance it, which would have been an extra $13k if I did it @ 60 months. I planned on having the car no longer than the 50k - 4 year free maintenance ran out. Well with the way the economy took a $*#% and the very low mileage I have on mine; I decided not to get a new one this year. Finding a great-trustworthy mechanic is important too.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

From a financial perspective it doesn't make sense, though.

It may not make sense for peole who can't afford it and I wouldn't recommend it to someone who cant. I purchased my 5 series brand new in 06. They actually didn't have the color with all of the features I wanted on the lot so I went to the site and customized mine and ordered it. I didn't finance it, which would have been an extra $13k if I did it @ 60 months. I planned on having the car no longer than the 50k - 4 year free maintenance ran out. Well with the way the economy took a $*#% and the very low mileage I have on mine; I decided not to get a new one this year. Finding a great-trustworthy mechanic is important too.

Originally Posted by cguy610

It beats paying for repairs on a used one.  
mad.gif
THIS!! 

My dad handed me down his 99 7 series.. those cars are meant to fall apart. Alot of the parts are plastic so you will be paying alot on upkeep alone. 

Hella +%!+ breaks on that car.. which is probably why the resale goes down. 

Mabey it breaks so often because people who actually got money can keep paying the dealerships to get it repaired??

We got that car used btw.

Originally Posted by cguy610

It beats paying for repairs on a used one.  
mad.gif
THIS!! 

My dad handed me down his 99 7 series.. those cars are meant to fall apart. Alot of the parts are plastic so you will be paying alot on upkeep alone. 

Hella +%!+ breaks on that car.. which is probably why the resale goes down. 

Mabey it breaks so often because people who actually got money can keep paying the dealerships to get it repaired??

We got that car used btw.

Copped a CPO 07 e92 coupe recently. MSRP brand new ~ $40-42,000. Got it for 26 out the door + CPO warranty
pimp.gif

Copped a CPO 07 e92 coupe recently. MSRP brand new ~ $40-42,000. Got it for 26 out the door + CPO warranty
pimp.gif

Because they are cute. But i do feel you on that, the value goes way down but it makes sense. In terms of the amount you spend to maintain the car after say 50,000.

Because they are cute. But i do feel you on that, the value goes way down but it makes sense. In terms of the amount you spend to maintain the car after say 50,000.

I hear you guys on the repair issue, but...what prices are we talkin about? Does the depreciation price justify the drop? It sounds like they get you comin and goin. Hell, Ive had nothin but american cars, so the repair part doesnt seem that bad!

I hear you guys on the repair issue, but...what prices are we talkin about? Does the depreciation price justify the drop? It sounds like they get you comin and goin. Hell, Ive had nothin but american cars, so the repair part doesnt seem that bad!

I'm on my 3rd BMW. 1st two were used and didn't give me any major problems. Battery died in my 650i but that's been an issue forever with BMW. I bought a '11 X5 in August. They had just updated in the summer with the new engines and i-drive so I went new. I'm going to stick with it for awhile... hopefully.

My first choice would definitely be used when it comes to luxury cars, but I like to stay under 15k miles. I've gotten great deals in the past (07 650i 9k mi. for 54k, traded it for a 08 750Li with 15k miles for 49k both certified pre-owned).

I'm on my 3rd BMW. 1st two were used and didn't give me any major problems. Battery died in my 650i but that's been an issue forever with BMW. I bought a '11 X5 in August. They had just updated in the summer with the new engines and i-drive so I went new. I'm going to stick with it for awhile... hopefully.

My first choice would definitely be used when it comes to luxury cars, but I like to stay under 15k miles. I've gotten great deals in the past (07 650i 9k mi. for 54k, traded it for a 08 750Li with 15k miles for 49k both certified pre-owned).

I personally hope to cop an M5 or M3 in the next 5-6 years

I've read the maintenance or repair costs are a nightmare tho

I would rather buy used tho no doubt. 2-3 years ideally.

New Luxury cars are really quite a money pit it seems in terms of value

I personally hope to cop an M5 or M3 in the next 5-6 years

I've read the maintenance or repair costs are a nightmare tho

I would rather buy used tho no doubt. 2-3 years ideally.

New Luxury cars are really quite a money pit it seems in terms of value

I think you also have to factor in whether you plan on keeping the car for a while. If you buy an LS for example, if you buy brand new but plan to keep it until it is literally dead, then the money is well spent and not wasted because these cars can last 10-15 years easily.

Now if you plan to buy a new car and only keep it for several years, then yeah you do lose on depreciation.

I think you also have to factor in whether you plan on keeping the car for a while. If you buy an LS for example, if you buy brand new but plan to keep it until it is literally dead, then the money is well spent and not wasted because these cars can last 10-15 years easily.

Now if you plan to buy a new car and only keep it for several years, then yeah you do lose on depreciation.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

If I ever bought a Mercedes it would have to be something amg. Better believe I wouldn't get a used one.
indifferent.gif

pops copped a late 09 S63 today for around 77k after taxes with like 20k miles

EDIT: still under warranty too

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

indifferent.gif

pops copped a late 09 S63 today for around 77k after taxes with like 20k miles

EDIT: still under warranty too

Back
Top Bottom