When it comes to BMW's & Benzes...

i was considering buying new vs used on a bmw. in the case with a 328i xdrive, it seems that it might cost the same to buy a new one than one with <10k miles and less than a year old. also, i rather buy new and maximize the warranty because once you buy CPO, the warranties aren't as extensive. so i guess you are paying for the warranty and peace of mind.

i was considering buying new vs used on a bmw. in the case with a 328i xdrive, it seems that it might cost the same to buy a new one than one with <10k miles and less than a year old. also, i rather buy new and maximize the warranty because once you buy CPO, the warranties aren't as extensive. so i guess you are paying for the warranty and peace of mind.

Father always taught me never buy new. go like 3-4 years old, its the same chassis anyway. And never lease its like throwing money away, you mine as well just buy within your means, besides you could just finance if need be

Father always taught me never buy new. go like 3-4 years old, its the same chassis anyway. And never lease its like throwing money away, you mine as well just buy within your means, besides you could just finance if need be

I put on about 75 miles a day going back and forth to work.  So i could never stay under the 15,000 miles for leasing a year. 
Also what do you guys that lease do when you want to customize your cars?  I thought you couldnt change anything on a leased car.

I put on about 75 miles a day going back and forth to work.  So i could never stay under the 15,000 miles for leasing a year. 
Also what do you guys that lease do when you want to customize your cars?  I thought you couldnt change anything on a leased car.

Because new comes with a warranty. Getting used without a warranty you'll be spending a ton of money in repairs.

Originally Posted by mrmidnight75

I see people on forums all the time parting out before they return a leased car.  the prices are usually pretty fair too, so both parties win.

Originally Posted by mrmidnight75

I see people on forums all the time parting out before they return a leased car.  the prices are usually pretty fair too, so both parties win.

Because new comes with a warranty. Getting used without a warranty you'll be spending a ton of money in repairs.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Cam.......you went from new maxima, lexus GS, now you want the e60....can never make your mind up eh.

I really can't!
laugh.gif
It's bad cause it drives me nuts, but it's good cause I'll always have options.

I'll def.have to do more research into the "maintenance" that everyone is mentioning...

I def.feel people on the "buying new" part, but got damn....even if you've got money, what a way to lose it...I think dollar signs w/almost everything, and I dont think I could take droppin $90K for it to be worth a fraction a few years later.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Cam.......you went from new maxima, lexus GS, now you want the e60....can never make your mind up eh.

I really can't!
laugh.gif
It's bad cause it drives me nuts, but it's good cause I'll always have options.

I'll def.have to do more research into the "maintenance" that everyone is mentioning...

I def.feel people on the "buying new" part, but got damn....even if you've got money, what a way to lose it...I think dollar signs w/almost everything, and I dont think I could take droppin $90K for it to be worth a fraction a few years later.

Originally Posted by l smokecity l

Flat out because it doesn't matter if the car depreciates. If you buying a brand new Beamer or Benz you got the money to buy the car.

This.

Different strokes for different folks....I won't knock the next man for buying used, but the cars that I have purchased have been brand new.  I really don't care about the depreciation.  The money that I sell them for goes to the next down payment....It's a good feeling to have a brand new car and being the only owner. 

Originally Posted by l smokecity l

Flat out because it doesn't matter if the car depreciates. If you buying a brand new Beamer or Benz you got the money to buy the car.

This.

Different strokes for different folks....I won't knock the next man for buying used, but the cars that I have purchased have been brand new.  I really don't care about the depreciation.  The money that I sell them for goes to the next down payment....It's a good feeling to have a brand new car and being the only owner. 

:currently waiting in the wing for a white '11 535i with M kit to come back off a loving lease
pimp.gif

:currently waiting in the wing for a white '11 535i with M kit to come back off a loving lease
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by imPAIDinFULL

Cause if you can afford a new m5 why not? But I feel you on not buying new. I know 4 people that copped a m5, 2 that copped a m6, one that got a e63. All in the past year. All of them paid under $50k and cars all have less than 30k miles and most of them come with 100k mile warranty. But its not just Euros. My mans just copped a 08 LS460L last week with 20k miles for $45k with 100k mile warranty too.
lol Imran and Drew.

Originally Posted by imPAIDinFULL

Cause if you can afford a new m5 why not? But I feel you on not buying new. I know 4 people that copped a m5, 2 that copped a m6, one that got a e63. All in the past year. All of them paid under $50k and cars all have less than 30k miles and most of them come with 100k mile warranty. But its not just Euros. My mans just copped a 08 LS460L last week with 20k miles for $45k with 100k mile warranty too.
lol Imran and Drew.

while were on topic of new cars, saw that 2012 audi a7 at the dealership yesterday, looks MUCH better in person.
btw its not just bmw or benz

same can be said for lexus, infiniti, acura an of course audi.

cars depreciate, bmw hold value better but i swear thats more for the 3 series..........

somebody can google that too.

while were on topic of new cars, saw that 2012 audi a7 at the dealership yesterday, looks MUCH better in person.
btw its not just bmw or benz

same can be said for lexus, infiniti, acura an of course audi.

cars depreciate, bmw hold value better but i swear thats more for the 3 series..........

somebody can google that too.

Back
Top Bottom