When you guys cop in person, do you examine your pair like crazy and make sure it's perfect?

Ok this is pretty funny for real, but also tell me if I'm crazy.  (This was in the NYC Niketown if anyone's curious.)

So I ask for my 9.5 pair of Powder Blue IXs and I start examining it when it comes.  I notice some little marks, so I ask for another pair.  I really didn't feel bad asking once.

Well, the 2nd pair comes and it has some little marks too.  I'm like, "Damn, am I really gonna ask him to get another pair?"  Of course, I do ask, and the guy that was helping me even said himself, "It's cool.  If you're going to spend that much money, you should make sure you get a good pair."

The 3rd pair comes and I notice the left shoe has some marks but the right shoe is fine.  So, I ask the guy if I can just switch out the right shoe from the different boxes that way I end up with a good left and right shoe.  I'm happy now and I thank the guy a lot for the help.

Then, I meet up with my friend a few blocks away to eat and the asks to see them.  I pull them out and his girl notices some tiny marks on the right shoe.....
indifferent.gif
  I have to go back again!  At least my friend was gonna buy something too, so it wasn't like I was going there just for that (even though I would have to be honest).

There's a different employee there now, but I basically do the same thing.  I switch shoes and I REALLY examine them hard this time
laugh.gif
.  While I'm doing it, the employee is talking to my friend and he says he knows some guys that are like me.  He says that we "CSI our kicks"
roll.gif
.  We were ROLLING when he said that.

Sorry for the kinda long story, but that was hilarious to me.  Anyway, am I the only fiend who does that and did you ever hear the term "CSI your kicks?"

LOL no u are not the only one who does this, I do the exact same thing ( except for trade the shoe 3 times or more
laugh.gif
). I check for tiny marks, extra glue overriding from the rubber, etc...

Yes, I check every shoe. And I would keep asking the employee to switch until I get a flawless pair.

I get paranoid knowing if the shoes has any kind of flaw or deformation.
ohwell.gif

i know im going to wear them anyways i don't mind tiny scratches. so i don't really mind because i wear all my shoes anyways.

I give them a quick check for major flaws

But i'm not looking at every little detail cause i'm going to wear them so they will get marked up a little bit

Didnt use to, but nowadays its a must, however I buy most my pairs online anyways so I dont get a chance. Had to return black/red XIIs to eastbay because they were messed up and now I have to continue to hunt.

To add to that, I always put both shoes on top of the bench or table at the store to check if the shoes are both balanced, and not crooked. I've had some run in's with some bad pairs in the past.
eyes.gif

I understand the need to do this sometimes but I think people take this way too far. I can't do it because I have to buy everything online.
I just don't believe in a perfect pair of shoes. Unless it is a major defect I don't know why people do this so much. They are just shoes, not
baseball cards or something. And we can all agree if you are one of these people you should never, ever buy shoes online and you should
absolutely never buy a pair of Jordan shoes under any circumstance given the quality. I actually got nuetral feedback on ebay one time because
someone got all emotional over a little crease or something. I was just like, you are kidding, right?

not one pair will be FLAWLESS from any shoe company. remember, we're all HUMANS. we're all not perfect.
laugh.gif

but i co-sign PiNoyBOy, quick check everytime. as long as if there's nothing MAJOR, then it's good.

It depends on what shoes I get. I know I went through all the Space Jams at my local footlocker to be sure that the pair I had on pre-order was perfect. I've opened at least 5 box in my size, a couple of times, just to be sure, and ended up mixing 2 pairs to get 1 correct.

Originally Posted by elrodo33

I understand the need to do this sometimes but I think people take this way too far. I can't do it because I have to buy everything online.
I just don't believe in a perfect pair of shoes. Unless it is a major defect I don't know why people do this so much. They are just shoes, not
baseball cards or something. And we can all agree if you are one of these people you should never, ever buy shoes online and you should
absolutely never buy a pair of Jordan shoes under any circumstance given the quality. I actually got nuetral feedback on ebay one time because
someone got all emotional over a little crease or something. I was just like, you are kidding, right?

my boy at SS got negative feedback (which he contested and it got removed) over this........

2ef16c4d2592b1b52d72db47d9efb1b87a2b8db3.jpg

can you see that?
roll.gif
. its a microscopic HOLE! most likely something from the factory. dude claimed his shoes were fake and filed a claim.
roll.gif
. some people do way too much...

Well I see some people are agreeing with me, so I'm not that crazy.  But I guess the only reason I did it with these is because they're mostly white so I was really looking and the marks were more visible.  If they were mostly colored then I wouldn't have cared much.

Customers like you are very annoying. If you want something to be perfect, go do it yourself. There is a difference of waiting your product in retail shape and just being OCD with it.

Factories make mistakes and you have to accept it.

i give them a quick look over for major flaws but tiny marks i could care less about there going to happen anyways when i wear them

i just look to make sure they're the same size and no major flaws.. they dont need to be perfect because im gonna wear them anyway

Back
Top Bottom