Where Do You Rank Rajon Rondo?

I know Rondo is a great passer and all that, but I don't think he is a great point guard at all. If you replace him with Chris Paul or Deron Williams we wouldn't even be talking about him.

Sick of that argument. Replace player A with player B and the team is much better. It doesn't work that way at all. You can't interchange teams of the top PG's as Rondo, Nash, CP3, Deron, Rose, Russ etc and definitively say that one team will be better off and one team will be worse off IMO.

Originally Posted by imrichboy

no one has mentioned bibby, crawford, calderon. rondo needs to improve 3pt, FT shooting to be considered top 10 PG. Russell westbrook is a mini rondo clone.

30b08ex.gif

I dont know where I rank dude but I will say this, Rondo is a straight baller. Dude can beast no joke.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

you HONESTLY believe that...Steph's time has come and gone....he's a shell of his former self no matter what talent you may think he still has...
any talent that Steph still has at getting to the hoop and creating points is more than Rondos. If Rondo played on a team that wasnt so stacked with talent around him he would be exposed. He gets assists and rebounds off of his athletisism and dumping the ball to the wide variety of shooters lurking on the peremeter. and his only points come when the defense loses focus on him and he exlodes to the hoop for a lay in or a dunk.

confused.. are you talking about marbury or curry? prolly marbury , but just checking. haha I think you're overstating his [and I hate to do this] athletiCism and once again sorry, I really hate doing this, it's perImeter.

just kidding, i love doing that, except when it backfires

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

The Real PG list Starts like this

1. Chris Quinn
2. Will Bynum
then you insert PG's after in whatever order you want

nothing has changed
pimp.gif

Jameer Nelson, Mike Conley, Devin Harris, Mo Williams, Aaron Brooks, Andre Miller, Baron Davis, Allen Iverson...?
laugh.gif

Nonsense, even a year and a half ago.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Paul
Williams
Rose
Nash
Rondo
Westbrook

That's my list, in that order. Right now.

Id have to go with..

1. Rose
2. DWill
3. Paul
4. Westbrook
5. Rondo
6. Nash

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

Paul
Williams
Rose
Nash
Rondo
Westbrook

Id have to go with..

1. Rose
2. DWill
3. Paul
4. Westbrook
5. Rondo
6. Nash
I can't disagree. It's just a matter of opinion when it comes to order.
But what I did was imagine each point guard on the current Celtics squad (since that's the best team of the 6 listed). That's how I came up with my order.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Sick of that argument. Replace player A with player B and the team is much better. It doesn't work that way at all. You can't interchange teams of the top PG's as Rondo, Nash, CP3, Deron, Rose, Russ etc and definitively say that one team will be better off and one team will be worse off IMO.
IMO you can, because Rondo isn't nearly as skilled as any of those players you mentioned on the offensive side of the ball. If he was the focal point of his ball team, his team wouldn't even win 15 games.

With that said, he still has game, and I have him as the 5th best pg in the league behind Deron, Rose, Westbrook, and CP3.

Paul
Deron
Nash
Rose
Rondo
Westbrook

It's really not that separate from anyone. It's really situational. Rondo is great for the Celtics. I don't think the Celtics would strive as much if they had Westbrook, Rose, or Nash. MAYBE Nash because he's such of a threat everywhere on the floor. Paul and Deron change the entire face of any franchise.

Even though Rose is having an MVP year right now, I still take Deron or Chris first.

Rondo is NOT a franchise player nor a great player. Sure he's a tremendous passer/rebounder/defender, but he can't score and is not a main guy to build around, and that's what separates a very good player from a great one. To answer the question, Rondo top 10.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Well I do now. I'll let myself out.

You handled that nicely 
laugh.gif
.  Props
And Rondo is a top 5 PG...that's not really up for debate.  

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

Paul

Williams

Rose

Nash

Rondo

Westbrook

Id have to go with..

1. Rose

2. DWill

3. Paul

4. Westbrook

5. Rondo

6. Nash
I can't disagree. It's just a matter of opinion when it comes to order.
But what I did was imagine each point guard on the current Celtics squad (since that's the best team of the 6 listed). That's how I came up with my order.

Totally agree. No dis to you bro..you had the same 6 players that I had in mind, thats why i quoted you.

And thats my list RIGHT NOW. Could change in a day, week, month, etc.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Rondo is NOT a franchise player nor a great player. Sure he's a tremendous passer/rebounder/defender, but he can't score and is not a main guy to build around, and that's what separates a very good player from a great one. To answer the question, Rondo top 10.

So, how do you explain Jason Kidd? 

anyways...

my top-5

Paul
Williams
Rondo
Westbrook
Rose

Top 5 PG definitely. He has the most impact on each and every game out of all the PG's in the league.

These are top point guards in the NBA right now Paul, Rose, Williams Rondo, and Nash.

Back
Top Bottom