Where were you on September 11th, 2001?

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by dj sven

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

In school... came home to hear the news that my mom was in the North tower... smh
Whoa really man? What ended up happening....?
frown.gif
she passed away.

Damn dude... I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know how I would even handle that news...

My condolences
frown.gif

saw the whole thing unfold around 9-9:30am that morning
on CNN. I called people into the living room to see - they didn't believe me,
what was happening - until they saw it for themselves. Remember thinking
people must not respect me- thinking I would lie or embellish the horror...
They probably just couldn't believe it

i remember i copped Jay-Zs "The Blueprint"
I believe that was aTuesday and the album release day
Usually I bump a new album out my car, but I remember it just wasn't right

With my Mom going to 3rd grade, it was her birthday and we had the radio on, I remember the news was on my favorite station so I switched it and my Mom saidwait and turned it back. Went to school not really knowing what happened, and was upset recess got put on lockdown (due to living by an AF Base) Came homeafter and still had no idea even after watching the news.

i was in school 7th grade english it was announced ova tha intercom around 9 or 915... didnt really realize tha seriousness until i got home and seen tha newsand really seen what was goin on

in class...

a few people in my dads office died when the plane hit the Pentagon...

thank God everytime I remember he was on the other side of the building...

I was in class. Got let out early. Walked home with bomber jets flying overhead. Scariest @#@ of my life.

I was in social studies in 9th grade.

I'll never forget the moment.
I remember exactly who came in the class to tell us and exactly what she was coming into the class for.

The reality of the event didn't really hit me until a few days later when a neighbor and close friend of the family, who was Firefighter hadn't comehome in 2 days and they hadn't heard from him.

RIP to all those lost, my heart truly goes out to their families.

I remember I was working the morning shift at my job and had no clue what was going on. Found out hours later from co-workers (after both towers came down)

3rd grade
came home after school like usual
turned on the tv to watch some cartoons
the news was on every channel

Originally Posted by cOlorWay

I was in social studies in 9th grade.

I'll never forget the moment.
I remember exactly who came in the class to tell us and exactly what she was coming into the class for.

The reality of the event didn't really hit me until a few days later when a neighbor and close friend of the family, who was Firefighter hadn't come home in 2 days and they hadn't heard from him.

RIP to all those lost, my heart truly goes out to their families.

was it dr vassallo?

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

This thread would be better in 3 days
laugh.gif
thats what i was thinking

but to answer the question, i was in 5th grade and we were playin kickball outside for gym class

BASIC COMBAT TRAINING, Alpha Company, 1-27 Training Battalion

Basic Rifleman's Qualification Course... I just shot a 27/40.

Then, our Drill Sergeant moved us to the bleachers and gave us news.
tired.gif

They took a few people away for a week who's parents/significant other worked in the towers or pentagon.

smh.gif

I was at home when the first tower hit (im in cali) about to leave to go to school (9th grade). Didnt really think much of it until the second one hit while Iwas driving to class. They announced it over the intercom in first period, and even then, all I could think about was leaving at lunch to buy "TheBlueprint" from best buy.

Senior yr of HS in AP English. What's really wild is that just 5 days later I, along with some other kids from my HS was going to go on a East coastcollege tour, and one of the hotels that went down was one of the hotels we were to stay in. If it were 9/16 instead of 9/11 I would not be here today.

Back
Top Bottom