Where were you on September 11th, 2001?

I was in 6th grade, and I was about to head to school. As I go into the kitchen to head out the door, I see the second plane hit live. I didn't thinknothing of it at the time. When I got into my classroom we watched the news all day.

sleeping til my bro ran in the room and said turn on the news to see what happened...crazy day...RIP to all the lost ones

Religion class in 7th grade (catholic school FTL)... I had just been there two months prior, but I was surprised at how many kids didn't know what the WTCswere.

i was getting ready to go to school, when my boy called me n said "turn the TV on" i said "what channel n he said it didnt matter.

i was getting ready for school. my sister, mom, and i always watched the news in the morning. as soon as i turned on the news, i see the second tower get hit.i thought it was a trailor for a new movie. then i saw it all unfold.

i remember my english teacher flew to newyork the following days to see/help on ground zero.

i also remember my brother and his bestfriend wearing those "NYFD" shirts and they was getting free food at restaurants/stores because people thoughtthey was firefighters
laugh.gif
they didnt do it on purpose, they was just wearing the shirts out of respect.

my bro died 4 months later
frown.gif

At the Dentist office. Dude was mad casual about.

Dentist - "Hey, the Twin Towers got hit. By some airplanes.

Me- "Oh really? Damn, that's unfortunate."

Dentist - "Yeah. Open please."

Crazy day. I remember leaving the dentist office, and seeing all the people in the streets paranoid and just worried. All public transportation was free. Justa lot of hysteria. I didn't get really scared until the news reported about a possible bombing of the George Washington Bridge.

At the Dentist office. Dude was mad casual about.

Dentist - "Hey, the Twin Towers got hit. By some airplanes.

Me- "Oh really? Damn, that's unfortunate."

Dentist - "Yeah. Open please."
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i just imagined that in my head. just laying on the chair with that bright lilght in my face

damn this is a day i remember like it was yesterday. i was sleeping after watching the giants lose to the broncos on monday night football, i remember beinghappy the night before because terrell davis played good and finally seemed like he was healthy again.

my mom woke me up around 6am talkin about a plane hit the world trade center, i was half asleep and thought it was a small plane that hit it on accident, nextthing i know my mom is talkin about another plane hit the other tower and i remember being stunned and shocked. my dad was working at laguardia airport at thetime so i called him to see what was going on, i was stressing the something might either happen to jfk or laguardia. then i called my uncle who worked closeby the towers, he was still at home when everything happened.

i went to school that day and of course it was the topic of discussion all day. i was the only person in my school who had lots of family members living in newyork, so i got alot of the, "is your family ok" questions.

i remember going home watching everything on tv throughout the day just in shock about what happened.

i took my senior pictures that night and went to the taco bell i was working at during that time and got my paycheck.

even though i saw everything on tv, it didn't really hit me until i went back to new york that november. i remember how fun it would be looking out thewindow of the plane as it was about to land, looking at all the buildings in manhattan. this time around when i flew in the plane took a different route andyou couldn't see the beautiful view of manhattan that i was used to seeing. i remember going close by ground zero and seeing all the missing people signsfor people who were lost in the towers and it really hit me hard like "Damn this really happened, its so different seeing the damage up close instead ofon tv."

I was a senior in high school.

I was always late to class. I walked into my English joint and saw the tv was on and the class was extremely quiet.

I was like
pimp.gif
thinking we we're watching a movie. I went to my desk and started doing my homework that was due that morning ( I was a real winner in highschool) when I happened to look up and see the second plane crash into the tower. Everyone gasped, people started crying but I still didn't realize howserious it was. Me and my friends were like damn, it must be easy as hell to be a pilot. People flying into skyscrapers on accident and @+%#. They let us outof school early and I went to cop that Blueprint joint.

I only realized how serious it was when the buildings came down and every channel was showing 9/11 coverage. Still a very surreal day.

I lived in Colorado Springs at the time. People feared that NORAD and the numerous military installations would be a target so the entire city was on somelockdown @+%#.

Definently a crazy time.

I was in the NYC area the following month because my grandfather passed away. We drove up to Manhattan and walked around Ground Zero....it looked like a movieset or something.

I can remember the stench from the dead bodies. I know a lot of people who are suffering from the effects of all that dust etc.

I was in 9th grade... at lunch.. some dude randomly came rushing over to my table, and it was a loud talkative ambiance, much louder than normal, in theLunchroom. It was like something off of a movie.. I was pretty shook seeing the planes hit, and people jumping. I kept imagining myself in their position,asking myself would I jump, or would I just go down with the building?

7th grade, 2nd hour health class.. after the second tower was hit I was shook up. then when they started talking about how it was Bin Laden and Al Queda i waseven more shook. I'm not sure why they allowed us to watch the entire story fold out, because we honestly didn't understand. and to make matters worse,my science teacher flipped out on some "we're headed towards a depression and there will be major wars soon" type steeze (
eek.gif
) even though itwas partially true... still too much to say to some 7th graders.

I was 12 years old. Walking to school as usual, and some random kid told me about it.
I had no idea what he was on about at first, it was unbelievable.
I remember watching it on TV with the entire class.

by the time I woke up to go to school every plane had crashed already (west coast)

I first heard it on the car's radio on my way to school

On my way home from fluid power class, heard it on the radio. Then put on CNN when I got home and saw the towers on fire.

10th grade...waking up in the morning for school and turning on the tv (usually to check the weather) and
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

will never forget.

Back
Top Bottom