Which Current Young Center Would You Want To Build Your Franchise Around: Howard, Bynum, Oden

Dwight's physical ability alone could warrant his pick. Oden has the size and in college he showed his ability, but I can't pick him not having seenhim play, but I think he'll be great. But considering he's already had an injury, it could only hurt his career, and considering big men career'sare shortened due to injuries anyway.

Dwight can improve his post moves and get a mid-range shot down. Once that's done, add that to his physical dominance and athletic ability, and he'llbe one of the best centers in the NBA.

While I don't know if he will end up being the best, it is no doubt Howard because he is a sure thing who hasn't had any injuries while the other guyshave. As of today it is Howard by a landslide.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

What would lead YOU to believe it's the opposite?

Nothing because I haven't seen him play in the NBA yet. Or even a completely healthy year in college for that matter.

So to argue that you have a large enough sample to decisively saying that one is better than the other is downright ******ed.

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
But according to you we're talking about potentialcorrect? And that's all I mentioned in my post.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

What would lead YOU to believe it's the opposite?

Nothing because I haven't seen him play in the NBA yet. Or even a completely healthy year in college for that matter.

So to argue that you have a large enough sample to decisively saying that one is better than the other is downright ******ed.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
But according to you we're talking about potential correct? And that's all I mentioned in my post.

laugh.gif

I swear I wanna just kill 90% of Lakers' fans.

This is a top 5 stupid question I've heard in my life.

How could you put these players in the same sentence. You are comparing a beast, a decent player, and a player who has never played an NBA game.

What is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

How could you put these players in the same sentence. You are comparing a beast, a decent player, and a player who has never played an NBA game.

What is wrong with you?
CO-SIGN

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Ok I'm going to come out and say I'd take Andrew Bynum out of the 3.

People are probably going to react and say I'm being a homer because they know I'm a die hard Laker fan.Honestly though when I watch and compare Bynum & Howard, I see Drew has more post up moves, and better foot work down low in the post.Defense and shot blocking I'd say they are pretty much even,Rebounding though it's not even close where Howard clearly has the advantge.I mean D12 seriously the past 2 season has been eating glass with his crazy 20 & 20 games.
comon man
smh.gif

Dwight's dominance & production alone puts him over Bynum, not to mention he still has a LOT of room to grow as a player by improving his skills

and as for Oden I'll wait to see him actually play an NBA game before making judgement

Yea this one is easy..*steven a* HOWEVER *steven a* I do think that 3 to5 years from now those will be your top 3 centers in the league. All three have thehighest ceilings of any center (except maybe Al Jeff) in the league. Oh and for those saying Bynum is over rated blah blah, whats the name of that guy whenthey talk about the Lakers? He's hurt....but they keep saying when he comes back the Lakers are pretty much a lock for the chip. It's on the tip of myto.....oh yeah it's Bynum! Definitely a homer post(OP) but worded differently you may have gotten different responses

Andrew Bynum
[table][tr][td]Season[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3p%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07-08[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]28.8[/td] [td]0.636[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [td]0.695[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]10.2[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]1.49[/td] [td]2.80[/td] [td]13.1[/td] [/tr][/table]

Andris Biedrins
[table][tr][td]Season[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3p%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07-08[/td] [td]GSW[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]59[/td] [td]27.3[/td] [td]0.626[/td] [td]0.000[/td] [td]0.620[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]6.4[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]1.12[/td] [td]3.40[/td] [td]10.5[/td] [/tr][/table]
Bynum has the slight edge and def has a higher ceiling, but right now, the two are closer than you think. Especially w/ Biedrins getting inconsistant minutesfrom Nelly. Also, the Lakers feed their bigs more in the triangle offense. Biedrins barely gets the ball except off pick and rolls.
Also, look at Biedrins' last month...

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Score[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Def[/td] [td]Tot[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]Blk[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]Pts[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 16[/td] [td]SEA[/td] [td]L 121-126[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]40:06[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]61.5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]57.1[/td] [td] [/td] [td]10[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]17[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]20[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 14[/td] [td]@ PHO[/td] [td]L 116-122[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]26:20[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]80.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]11[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]16[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 12[/td] [td]LAC[/td] [td]W 122-116[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]33:39[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]50.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]66.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]14[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]10[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 10[/td] [td]DEN[/td] [td]L 105-114[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]39:15[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]62.5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]50.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]19[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]11[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 8[/td] [td]SAC[/td] [td]W 140-132[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]34:43[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]58.3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]50.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]17[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]17[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 6[/td] [td]@ NOR[/td] [td]L 96-108[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]37:20[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]70.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]60.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]15[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]17[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 4[/td] [td]@ MEM[/td] [td]W 117-86[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]36:28[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]72.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]83.3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]17[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]21[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 2[/td] [td]@ DAL[/td] [td]L 86-111[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]24:08[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]66.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]75.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]8[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]7[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 1[/td] [td]@ SAS[/td] [td]L 92-116[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]15:50[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]20.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]100.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][/table]

Which averages out to...
[table][tr][td]
Player
[/td] [td]
GP
[/td] [td]
FG%
[/td] [td]
FT%
[/td] [td]
3PTM
[/td] [td]
PTS
[/td] [td]
REB
[/td] [td]
AST
[/td] [td]
ST
[/td] [td]
BLK
[/td] [td]
TO
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Andris Biedrins[/td] [td] 12[/td] [td] 0.644[/td] [td] 0.692[/td] [td] 0[/td] [td] 14.2[/td] [td] 13.6[/td] [td] 1[/td] [td] 0.8[/td] [td] 1.5[/td] [td] 1.3[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

this reminds me of how stupid most Lakers fans used to be on here... just smh
Cot damn man it was only 1 person
eyes.gif
I would take D12 and then Al Jefferson. The scary part is D12 is NOWHERE close to his full potential Man oMan, he's going to be crazy in a few years
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

What is wrong with you?

So you want to "kill him" because he has a different opinion then you?

Or the fact that he went with a Laker Center becaue he's a Laker fan?

I'm a hardcore Laker fan and I went with D12. I know that right now, Bynum can't even compare to D12. It's not even close.

It may have been a homer pick, but dude asked a reasonable question in regards to who would you build your team around.

Quit complaining about his decision and just justify who you would pick.

Heck christmas day game alone he went for a career high against STAT and dropped 28 & 19 on him on nationaly TV.
laugh.gif
Because going head-to-head with Amare Stoudemire is a great measuring stick for where you're at offensively or on the glass...

Andrew Bynum shouldn't be in this discussion. Let's not act like Dwight Howard has reached his peak or maximized his potential. He's just scratchedthe surface. There is PLENTY of room for improvement, and he's bustin dudes for 20 and 15 on a nightly basis...

I like Oden a lot too, but I'll reserve judgment until he's back from that knee injury and playing NBA minutes... If I were forced to pick right now,though, I'd probably take Oden over Bynum without thinking twice.

No brainer. It's Dwight Howard.

Andrew Bynum needs to play and perform well in a full NBA season or two to prove he's an elite center. He's getting there but hasn't reached theplateau yet.

Oden? He has yet to play a minute in his career bro.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Would anyone take Bogut over Oden? I find Bogut very underrated i think hes top 5 maybe top 3 centers in the NBA

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

this reminds me of how stupid most Lakers fans used to be on here... just smh
Cot damn man it was only 1 person
eyes.gif
I would take D12 and then Al Jefferson. The scary part is D12 is NOWHERE close to his full potential Man o Man, he's going to be crazy in a few years
smh.gif
i agree...most laker fans are cool and aren't that big of homers but there are a few that make outlandish statements like this one.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom