Which were your first pair of Js?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first pair were the '89 white/red 4's. I wore those into the ground until the 5's came out

My parents would never let me buy shoes that pricey.lol
But since I got graduation money a few months ago,I went out and bought the Son of Mars in White/Varsity Purple.
Since then,I've gotten the VIIs in Aqua,XIIs in Obsidian, and Vs- Spi'zike Infrareds:smile:
Hopefully getting the Oreo XIs soon too.

what?? i think you have your roman numerals mixed up

OG Grape Vs...still remember trying them on in Footlocker, 22 years ago...I instantly feel old. :smh:

Last edited:
124vqj5.jpg

Had gotten them in 5th grade and still one of my favorites today.

Could never get my parents to by me Jordan's when I was in elementary, then I got into penny's during middle school. But I saved my bday money in '98 to cop myself a pair of playoff 13's. I remember lining up early that morning with my brother to cop, then hooping in them for a game I had later that afternoon. Imagine that. Hooping in Jordan's. Wish I would've kept them just for nostalgia, like I did with my last shots I bought the following spring with bday money.

And to all of u talking about today's quality, they messed up ogs too. One shoe on my 13's had tumbled leather on the toe box, while the other was smooth.

Got my first pair when I was 8 years old from Niketown Chicago now i'm looking for a DS pair size 13

I came out of the womb in a pair of blk/red Jordan 1's a year before they existed no less .... True MF story

Ahh I remember it like it was yesterday, I was 13 and I was in Hawaii for a Pop Warner Bowl Game(we were nice) my Pops gave me some spending money while I was out there. My grand parents were out there with me so they were paying for my food and stuff so with the money I had left over at the end of the trip I bought me a fresh pair of OG Black Toe 14's, my whole team was jocking. Ever since then I been hooked 8)

My first pair of J's were the OG Fire Red IV's back in 1989. I got them while on vacation with my family in Atlanta, GA. My older brother got his first pair in '85 (White, Black & Red AJ1's) and needless to say... I begged for a pair of J's every year after he got his. My parent's wouldn't get me any J's and they didn't get them for me in 1989. As a matter of fact, my Grandmother bought them for my brother for Christmas that year. My parents didn't have the funds or as they (my parents) would say...a "Budget" to afford shoes like that. My Aunt Vida bought my Fire Red's from Foot Locker at the Lennox Mall in Buckhead, GA. I got them in late July for my birthday. I was going to be a freshman in High School that year. I remember the first day of school, because this colorway didn't release here in Denver, CO., so everybody was tripping when they seen this new colorway for the Jordan IV's. Yep, I was on cloud 9 with all of the attention that I was getting back then. This weekend's release was very special for me, because this was the first "True" retro of my first J ever (AJ IV Fire Red).

I bought 1 pair of the "Mars" version back in 2006, but I couldn't ever bring myself to UnDS them, because I couldn't get past that darn Mars Blackmon face on them. I don't understand what made Jordan put that hideous logo on the heel in the first place. I own 2 pairs (1 pair is still DS) of the Laser IV (White/Varsity Red/Black) version too, because of my love for this colorway. However the lasers aren't the same as my OG 1989's either, but I like them, because they're a totally new take on a classic colorway. The only similarity between the OG Fire Red IV's and the Laser IV's is the color blocking. Everything else on the Laser IV's are original. For an example: The durabuck straps vs plastic straps, red translucent eye stays vs. solid red eye stays, and the laser etching on leather vs. untouched synthetic leather. Jordan Brand was very creative with the Laser IV's. Needless to say...I'm stoked to see the removal of that face on 2012 version.

I see a lot of people who are complaining about the leather and creasing on the 2012 "Fire Red" release, but my shoes creased immediately when I wore them back in 1989. This is what shoes did back then, so why would I expect anything different today? The OG's weren't made with real genuine leather back in 1989. They were made with a synthetic leather back then, so all of the complaining about any genuine leather on the 2012 is baseless to me. I can't forget this scuff that I had on my OG's. I got that darn scuff the first day that I wore the shoes and I couldn't get that darn stain out of that synthetic leather for the life of me/ no matter how hard I tried too. That synthetic leather was very unforgiving on stains. At least we can wipe stains off nowadays, because I used soapy water with a tooth brush many times and that synthetic leather wouldn't let that stain go. I tried every cleaning technique that could come to mind and no matter what I did... the stain would still be there. My OG's creased on my toes the first time I wore my OG's too. I didn't complain and/or think anything of it, because hey...they were shoes and shoes crease. It's just a part of wearing shoes. I don't know why so many people are acting all brand new. There are too many unrealistic expectations of shoes and the materials that they're made of on NT. Believe me...If the OG's were to release today with that same synthetic leather of 1989, they would get butchered and nit-picked far worst than the current 2012's versions, because they were far from tanks back in the day too.

My first pair was OG Black Vs. Had those in kid's size. Then OG infared VIs. Couldn't fit kids anymore and wasn't able to afford another pair of J's until the Xs. Got the Carolina Xs on a clearance. Man I miss those days.

I came in the game late due to my parents not believing in paying over a 100 for sneakers so my first jays were bought by myself and they were the olympic 1s from 08 and then my second n third pairs came from my mom for christmas, it was the dmp 7s pack. My raptor dmp 7s mean alot to me cuz I consider them my first real pair of jordans since the 1s look like regular nikes from afar

Dam, so many great shoes at just a young age. If only we knew how much they were going to be worth now.
mean.gif

I remember like it was yesterday I got the Black Toe 13's and my cousin had gotten the playoffs. One of my favorites of all time. 8)

My first pair of j's where the og x steels. I begged my mom for them for weeks till she broke down and got them for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom