Who are the best current Stand up comedian Vol . new generation dudes

yeah Katt was hot for like a year but he never really got universal praise, he really was overrated....I don't get the Kevin Hart hate dude's been doing it for a long time and now he's making smart moves business wise for himself and gettin PAID, plus he's "marketable" unlike Katt Williams.....out of the new people though (I don't count KH since he's made it now) I'd say Hannibal Burress is prolly the funniest "new" guy I've seen right now...I dno't personally think Louis Ck's stand up is that funny but he's putting in work too, so I can't hate....its hard to stay relevant in comedy though b/c anybody can be funny for a 10-20 minute gig but longevity is extremely difficult to achieve

its not hate, its just that he isnt as funny as people say he is. Not saying he isnt funny, but Laugh at my pain was meh. Hes a funny guy in interviews and skits etc but as for his stand up, Im not a fan of it.

Aziz's first special was great, but his recent 1 was kinda garbage. It was almost as if once he got big, he didnt need to try as hard anymore. Donald glover's first half hour special was hilarious to me to, but Weirdo kinda just failed imo.

Yeah, I guess hate was the wrong word but I know a lot of people who do hate on him simply b/c he's so out there now and he's kind of taken over as the "it" guy for black comedians right now...but different strokes for different folks, I don't think Louis CK is that funny myself so I can respect the people wh o don't think KH is all that

I believe Dave set the bar too high for these new guys, Killing em softly and for what its worth are the funniest #%$^ Ive seen in my life

If you guys have Spotify, check out this playlist and branch out from there (Explore related comedians etc.): spoti.fi/NBTnNw

My personal favorites right now:

Louis C.K.
Hannibal Burress
Jerrod Carmichael
Donald Glover
Anthony Jeselnik is cool but his structure is weird. Funny though.
Bill Burr is hilarious
Patrice O' Neal was funny as hell. Great and even profound. He's like the Phonte of Comedy to me.

Last edited:
I would say Louis C.K but he's not really new. He's been doing this since the 80's. 

The only new guy I consider really funny is Hannibal. 

One of my friends said Louis CK is the GOAT. Is he really that funny? I've watched one or two of his stand ups and I didn't find him funny. Can anybody recommend me anything pls?

Katt Williams never reached true success because he was just another black comedian.

If you want to be the 'IT" guy, white people have to respect and love you. 
Or how about not blaming your shortcomings because "white people" don't respect or love you. I know plenty of successful comedians that white people don't respect at all. What's this logic based on exactly? Do all white people share the same likes and dislikes? You say the wildest stuff about white people. Cut it out. 

I can't think of any new comics I like. Jim Norton is my favorite.

I HATE alternative comedy and that seems to be what's really popular right now.

Katt Williams never reached true success because he was just another black comedian.

If you want to be the 'IT" guy, white people have to respect and love you. 
Or how about not blaming your shortcomings because "white people" don't respect or love you. I know plenty of successful comedians that white people don't respect at all. What's this logic based on exactly? Do all white people share the same likes and dislikes? You say the wildest stuff about white people. Cut it out. 
I'm not blaming my shortcomings on white people.

What i said wasn't even a shot at on white people, it's a shot at Katt.

Let's be forreal, if white Americans aren't behind you, good luck staying relevant.

That's why Katt can be the top "black" comedian, but he could never,ever, be the top comedian.

Please tell me the wild stuff I said about white people. 

Last edited:
I'm not blaming my shortcomings on white people.

What i said wasn't even a shot at on white people, it's a shot at Katt.

Let's be forreal, if white Americans aren't behind you, good luck staying relevant.

That's why Katt can be the top "black" comedian, but he could never,ever, be the top comedian.

Please tell me the wild stuff I said about white people. 
I'm saying... I think that whole "you need white america behind you" argument is dead. Since 2011, Hispanic, Blacks, and Asian births are outnumbering white births with no chance of slowing down. The days of "white america" are over as we know it. Although the Census says 70% of the population is white (Half of those numbers are old white people that are going to die soon) it's been pretty much split for the past few years.

I honestly don't think Katt Williams didn't make it because white americans didn't get behind him. I think he has his moments where he's flat out hilarious but most of the time it's the same old shtick he always does. He dug himself into a hole with the whole "PIMP" persona thing and type cast himself.

Deon Cole 
pimp.gif

\thread

This guy, Corey Holcomb.... By far the funniest rawest comic out

THIS!!!! Some of the stuff he says initially hits you the wrong way, but my man is def raw :pimp: :lol:.

I have no problem with a lot of comedians listed. Yeah Louis CK is NOT a new comic, just getting more attention now (does anybody know he directed Pootie Tang?) :lol:. Glover is good, Aziz is ok too, I like him more on Parks and Rec. Def miss Patrice though |I

This guy, Corey Holcomb.... By far the funniest rawest comic out

AGREED.... My dude is funny as hell.

Watch ALL STAR COMEDY 2010 on youtube when you get a chance... I would post the video but dude curses like crazy. :lol:

Lil Rel & Corey Holcomb, both from the Chi, are pretty funny to me. Lil Rel will actually be on the new In Living Color show.

Last year I saw Dave Attell, Jim Breuer, Bill Burr and Jim Norton at the TBS Just for Laughs fest in Chicago. I was most excited to see Breuer but he ended up being the least funny. Attell and Norton, who MCed, were pretty good but Burr was the best.

Corey Holcomb, Deon Cole & DeeRay Davis!!!!! All from the Chi!!!! :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom