Who do you think will be XXL Freshmen, class of 2010?

Mike Posner is not a rapper -_-

n e way. Big Sean and they must missed drake, like if he's on there he better be like Head of the Class or something. Actually Tyga might be on that list,wouldn't be suprised, hima nd Whiz Khalifa. This next class isn't going to be as good as the Last Class. Isn't Jay Eletronica like 30 something?

Tony Sans
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bboy1827

And...? He put in work and is very Hip-Hop based... And I don't know why ya'll keep putting Big Sean. It may make sense since he dropped anothermixtape but that would mean dude stayed back
laugh.gif
I think the point is to name NEW people. Whats the point of re-naming people that already got their shine?

yeah

Wiz is def gonna be the super senior of this class ...

+ Nipsey
J. Cole
Dom
J-Money

mainly the ppl that have been named

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by I DONT PASS

Originally Posted by Master Zik

My list of hopefuls:

Drake
Dom. Kennedy
J. Cole
Curt@!n$
Wiz Khalifa
Stimuli(He'd be the Cory Gunz of the list since he been out forever)
Big Sean
Fashawn
Mikkey Halsted
Jay Electronica

Honorable Mention
Los

I don't put Illi or Jewels on the list cuz their internet buzz aint as big as the other ppl on the list. That can change before 2010 and I can only hope for that. They're arguably better or just as good as the dudes I named.

In reality I'd be shocked if 3 on my list make it if they do do this again next year.
Jay Elec? son is like 30 he too old to be a freshman
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
To me you a freshman as long as you don't got no album out. Ol Man Jigga and Em were 30 when they got on and released albums and they were freshman imo despite all the dues they paid prior. I mean your 2nd album is called ya sophmore album for a reason.

But if he don't count sub in Los or them U-N-I dudes I forgot about them they dope
pimp.gif
I'm pretty sure Reasonable Doubt came out in 96...which would make Jay-Z 26

jay electronica was picked for the 09 class, but he didnt want to be affiliated with the other guys
laugh.gif

Wiz
U-N-I
Big Sean
Rob Roy
Nipsey

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

And...? He put in work and is very Hip-Hop based... And I don't know why ya'll keep putting Big Sean. It may make sense since he dropped another mixtape but that would mean dude stayed back
laugh.gif
I think the point is to name NEW people. Whats the point of re-naming people that already got their shine?
then why are people putting U-N-I Whiz Khalifa, Dom Kennedy on that list? If I'm not mistaken all those acts have been around for years,longer then Big Sean, Big Sean showed up on the scene in '06 and is just now getting a small buzz, he still doesn't really have any fans. And MikePosner is not a rapper, thus doesn't deserve to be on that list. J.T has just as big of a hip hop fan base and if he was new he wouldn't be on thatlist. Posner is close to Cudi in that sense, but Cudi actually raps, haven't heard one Mike Posner rap track. And he's been out just as long as BigSean has. And if we were talking about "singers" that have a hip hop fan base, why isn't Chester French being mentioned, their mixtape JacquesJams went harder than most peoples mixtapes(a gang of features but went hard none the less) I don't even listen to either one of them(Posner and French) iftheir isn't a feature on it, yes I've heard Posner's mixtapes...un impressed.

I know DOM got it... it's just a matter of timing. I knew he had it since Who Rollin' With Me when dudes who trashin' him sayin' he raptoo slow.
laugh.gif

then why are people putting U-N-I Whiz Khalifa, Dom Kennedy on that list? If I'm not mistaken all those acts have been around for years, longer then Big Sean, Big Sean showed up on the scene in '06 and is just now getting a small buzz, he still doesn't really have any fans. And Mike Posner is not a rapper, thus doesn't deserve to be on that list. J.T has just as big of a hip hop fan base and if he was new he wouldn't be on that list. Posner is close to Cudi in that sense, but Cudi actually raps, haven't heard one Mike Posner rap track. And he's been out just as long as Big Sean has. And if we were talking about "singers" that have a hip hop fan base, why isn't Chester French being mentioned, their mixtape Jacques Jams went harder than most peoples mixtapes(a gang of features but went hard none the less) I don't even listen to either one of them(Posner and French) if their isn't a feature on it, yes I've heard Posner's mixtapes...un impressed.
Right, because Curren$y and Cory Gunz haven't been around for years, right?

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by dizmthagreat

Skyzoo
Reks
Nipsey
Elzhi - even though he's with Slum Village, still gotta count him as a freshman.
I forgot about Reks but I made my list thinking of ppl XXL would possibly put on their list. I'd be shocked if they put him on. Besides Ithought the list were ppl without albums or just one.

Aint no way Elzhi gets put on the list
laugh.gif
he got more talent and skillthan the majority of ppl in this thread. Nobody really has him on their radar except for Elzhi/Slum fans.

I guess it might be too early. but i'm checking out some of these dudes yall are mentioning and besides Mikkey Halsted I'm not feeling any of them.
Dom could be better but i dont like his voice, so can't really listen to a full song

Back
Top Bottom