Who else HATES the Police?

So what's the solution? Clearly we can't get rid of cops. Any solutions requires more taxes.

My proposed solution: cops must wear cameras at all times. Any instance of a cop not wearing a camera results in automatic suspension/dismissal from the force. All incidents are reviewed by a centralized place (not local PD) tasked specifically for this issue.

We also should have a developmental program for cops (like baseball or nbdl). To be an officer you have to first be a community security patrol officer (eg walk around the community for 2 years) before you are allowed to make arrests or have a gun. They should have no power at this time except to be the eyes and ears and to call in anything suspicious.

So what's the solution? Clearly we can't get rid of cops. Any solutions requires more taxes.

My proposed solution: cops must wear cameras at all times. Any instance of a cop not wearing a camera results in automatic suspension/dismissal from the force. All incidents are reviewed by a centralized place (not local PD) tasked specifically for this issue.

We also should have a developmental program for cops (like baseball or nbdl). To be an officer you have to first be a community security patrol officer (eg walk around the community for 2 years) before you are allowed to make arrests or have a gun. They should have no power at this time except to be the eyes and ears and to call in anything suspicious.

Stop running depts like they're businesses. Get rid of quotas. Get rid of the failed war against drugs. Will free up billions and focus resources back on more important, heinous crimes. Make the police accountable. Make them pay for settlements, not taxpayers. Just a few starters.. a lot more can be done to prevent crime in high poverty neighborhoods but that's not what police unions want.

The police itself is inherently flawed with the "us against them" mentality. Brave cops who talk about quotas, racist bosses and coworkers are labeled a rat.. The rest band together no matter how wrong a fellow cop is.. You create cops into hammers with this sentiment. Soon enough, all they see is nails...

Last edited:
I strongly dislike the system made to generate income off of minorities and the so called blue wall of silence that these boys display whenever one of their own is in hot water.

I'll bet that most of you who have had these bad experiences with cops brought it upon themselves. Honestly, if you're cool with the cops they're cool with you.

People are always talking about cops being disrespectful and stuff. They're not there to be your friends, they're there to "protect and serve."

Would you like them to say "May I please have your liscense and registration?" Why not have em wipe your +!+ for you?

You guys assume the moment you hear the siren that you're gonna be on the news on some Rodney King type steez. That's not always the case.

:lol: :smh:

God I can't believe I wrote this. This is embarrassing. I had cops try to hit me with a DUI while I was sober later on.

You got a badge, **** ya.

This is how I feel now.

^

perfect example of how the things black people are sayin just arent real until it happens to you (white people in general) 
tired.gif

I hate the cops. Basically based on experiences from racial profilling. I'll give a couple examples.

One time I was with my buddy from Illinois and his car had IL license plates. We were in my friends neighborhood parked outside his parents house where he was staying at the time. I was in his whip smoking a black and mild and out of nowhere cops roll up with their guns pointed at us telling us to get out of the car. Cops snagged us out the car and put us in handcuffs. I asked them "wait why are you guys doing this again?" 

Cop responds "we got a call that people were smoking weed in the area". I'm like "???? what ? " Long story short. They had us sit outside the car in handcuffs while they tore my boy's car the **** up on the inside searching it. They didn't find **** and told us to leave. 

Another time I was driving to work and I had a 99 Toyota Camry with the bumper all ****** up and I was driving in a high class county where my job is located. Cop pulls me over out of NO WHERE IN THE PARKING LOT OF MY WORK (mercedes benz dealership). Cop doesn't even come to my side of the window. He's talking to me through my passenger window. Very first question he asks "Do you have any drugs or weapons in the car?" I'm like "***** im at work this my job I intern here". He goes "Sorry I have to ask that". I'm like dude no you don't i've never been asked that before lol. He questions my internship like "Oh how'd you get that through your school or something?" Basically not believing that I was interning there. Long story short dude gives me a ******* seatbelt ticket because I took it off before he came to the car :smh:  

I've been pulled over multiple times in that Camry in the high class county multiple times all basically DWB. When I got my Benz though I never got pulled over.

**** COPS!

Bruh! It's not funny but my gawd I was dying, especially on that Mercedes intern story portion[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]9995[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji] these dudes kill me.

i really dont care for them to be honest... i know without them the country might be screwed but they dont do anyone favors at all...i hate how they give tickets like no tomorrow just to get money.... and if they are wrong in beating someone up or shooting someone who might die they never get held accountable which is wrong...

A few years ago I was in straight F--- The Police mode. More recently my thinking has changed. I buy into the emerging consensus that police brutality is the end result of a much larger system based on white supremacy and neoliberalism.

I still have my critiques of the police, they have a subculture that often times too macho, militaristic, histrionic and insular. However, to blame a police officer or even a police department exclusively for police brutality is to miss the bigger picture.

As a liberal, I think of issues in terms of systems and not individual virtue. As a result, I get accused of coddling criminals and blaming society for their misdeeds. The flip side is that I will also be willing to contextualize police misconduct as well.

A few years ago I was in straight F--- The Police mode. More recently my thinking has changed. I buy into the emerging consensus that police brutality is the end result of a much larger system based on white supremacy and neoliberalism.

I still have my critiques of the police, they have a subculture that often times too macho, militaristic, histrionic and insular. However, to blame a police officer or even a police department exclusively for police brutality is to miss the bigger picture.

As a liberal, I think of issues in terms of systems and not individual virtue. As a result, I get accused of coddling criminals and blaming society for their misdeeds. The flip side is that I will also be willing to contextualize police misconduct as well.
yeah i strongly disagree 

Change starts from the bottom and goes up. Almost never the other way with a rigid organization. The heads don't wanna go against the tide..... police/prison guard unions too strong..

It's the cops fault for shooting. The depts for excusing his actions. The systems for not charging him. The community for not protesting, exhausting all options so this doesn't go unpunished. BUT, this is America and certain options are frowned upon..

Last edited:
The system is stacked against you unless you got $$$. The cops, detectives, prosecutors, judges are all in cahoots and will railroad you. Unless you live in a medium to big city area I feel sorry for you, I can't even imagine how "justice" goes down in small towns.

My advice to you is if you are ever arrested do not say anything and lawyer up unless you are 100% innocent and it can be proven. Even still you could remain quiet and watch them work. Disgusting

You gotta pick up the pieces and they just move on business as usual looking for the next "victim".

Last edited:
I live in Chicago, have had absolutely no issues with regular Chicago police officers my whole life, they've all been really cool when I've talked to them. I work with cops who are off duty also, and they're awesome. The narcs are the ones I don't like though, I've been stopped and searched illegally multiple times by them, while being on foot in my neighborhood. Pulled over in my car for no reason and searched everything also by them. They do what they want and next time it happens I'm not having it, I was younger and just didn't care even though I knew it was illegal. I def will let them know it's not happening if it happens again.

I actually had a cop in a bike going along me while I was running at the lakefront yesterday, he was a cool guy just asking me about my training and wished me luck.

Last edited:
Don't hate, but I've had enough of my own negative experiences to make me uncomfortable. Odd because my parents were cops and I grew up around cops, but these clowns out here a different breed.

Back
Top Bottom