Who Here Has A "Good" Job With No College Degree VOL. 40K+

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I know plumbers who make BANK. No joke.

This. My dude did an apprenticeship right after high school and currently makes a buttload of money
A friend of mine also went the apprentice route and I think he made like $22/hr (it only lasted for a couple months though).  I know another guy who works in a Coca Cola warehouse and I he's making around 60k.  Got a nice lil house too and he's only 24.

I'm a strong advocate for higher education but it really is not for everyone.  I'm proud of my degree but I do nothing with it but put it on the resume.  I could have spent a fraction of what I paid in tuition for certification exams and the appropriate prep courses and be much more established career wise.  Could have even found a job that would have paid for my school.

Dont think you have to go to college straight out of high school.  Do some research and soul searching and you'll find other ways to get established in your desired field.  But do know that the 4~ years you spend in undergrad is truly a unique experience.   

Originally Posted by sladewilson

Originally Posted by Regal Black

eDiscovery analyst at WATSON Pharmaceuticals 
i make 80k per year

doing nothing all day 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How'd you get that job?
ive done jobs doing helpdesk and desktop support, they called me for an interview , i went in talked up a good talk and got the job the next day,  my boss comes in at 10 , i can come in whenever , i can go to lunch at 12 and go home and they wont  know, at the end of the week i make an invoice of my hours worked, i can put  in i came in at 4 am and did work lol and they wont know 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Must be nice, jelly I am

i make 80k per year

doing nothing all day 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How'd you get that job?
ive done jobs doing helpdesk and desktop support, they called me for an interview , i went in talked up a good talk and got the job the next day,  my boss comes in at 10 , i can come in whenever , i can go to lunch at 12 and go home and they wont  know, at the end of the week i make an invoice of my hours worked, i can put  in i came in at 4 am and did work lol and they wont know 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Cry for help?

How'd you get that job?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Must be nice, jelly I am
frown.gif
tired.gif

I know cops that make 80k+ with just military experience. Civil service exams are a summed dubba bish.

Im hear to be put on game. Jus flunked out of college. 19 yo. No idea wat i want to do in life

i make 80k per year

doing nothing all day 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How'd you get that job?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Be safe man. It isn't cool/smart/safe to brag about stuff like that. If I didn't do anything and abused the system I damn sure wouldn't leave evidence like ^ that talking about it. Be safe man. You can say, "How would they find out who I am behind a screen name" trust, wilder things have happen. Be safe man. Seriously. 

Made 10gs in 6 months in Alaska bagging fish meat. Pay and hours compared to some of these posts I see are damn near slavery. *#%% Alaska minimum wage. At least I get easy unemployment tho.

Originally Posted by SolexSup

More info 
nerd.gif

Graduating high school in a couple of months and i just dont feel like college is for me. 
ohwell.gif

this...
dunno what to do in life after HS checking in
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by k3stacks

Im hear to be put on game. Jus flunked out of college. 19 yo. No idea wat i want to do in life

cecell phone retail is good. I want it that type of gig so regional or corporate positions can be in my future... cell phones aren't slowing down anytime soon.

Originally Posted by JordanJayyy7

Made 10gs in 6 months in Alaska bagging fish meat. Pay and hours compared to some of these posts I see are damn near slavery. *$%* Alaska minimum wage. At least I get easy unemployment tho.

damn that's like 20k a year...that's terrible. Title says "Good" Job.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

How'd you get that job?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Be safe man. It isn't cool/smart/safe to brag about stuff like that. If I didn't do anything and abused the system I damn sure wouldn't leave evidence like ^ that talking about it. Be safe man. You can say, "How would they find out who I am behind a screen name" trust, wilder things have happen. Be safe man. Seriously. 

2 years ago working desktop support , same kind of job no clocking in or out salary job  , ordering DELL laptops shipping them to my house and selling on side , things like this you have to take advantage of 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JordanJayyy7

Made 10gs in 6 months in Alaska bagging fish meat. Pay and hours compared to some of these posts I see are damn near slavery. *#%% Alaska minimum wage. At least I get easy unemployment tho.
But...OP wanted something more significant...If you wanna talk "in a year", that's only 20Gs...I made that working min. in SF.

I kind of feel like this but I wanna go to college to get a criminal justice degree and be a cop. I'm an assistant manager at a Jimmy Johns now and it isn't good money at all but I'm probably getting promoted to manager soon since my bosses are opening a new store over the summer. Don't know if I'd take the job yet but starting salary would be around 35k a year and I'd be right out if high school making that much (im a senior now). Did you guys not go to college just because it wasn't for you or what reason? I need to decide what I'm gonna do because I'd have to balance managing a store and going to school

Back
Top Bottom