Who Here Has A "Good" Job With No College Degree VOL. 40K+

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

ME NO PASS wrote:

i work about 6months out of the year... job is easy as hell, a lot of my postings on NT come from work...
what eggsactly do u do fam?
pretty much the same process as this from 2:15 - 3:25.. i just press buttons all day, take some readings... just newer technology, bigger, and better...

Serious question... isn't this cancerous?

no... there is no type of radiation... its all graphite and heat to melt the rocks... the white suits are just a dog and pony show to show the customers that we work in a clean area.. sony, samsung, intel, apple have visited us recently...
howd you get that gig? and what the hell u do the other 6 months of the year
its a company in my area.. i live like 3min away.. im also in washington so i pay no state tax on my paychecks..
pimp.gif
...  my shifts rotate.... 2 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off... so i work 15 days a month = 6 months a year

no... there is no type of radiation... its all graphite and heat to melt the rocks... the white suits are just a dog and pony show to show the customers that we work in a clean area.. sony, samsung, intel, apple have visited us recently...
howd you get that gig? and what the hell u do the other 6 months of the year
its a company in my area.. i live like 3min away.. im also in washington so i pay no state tax on my paychecks..
pimp.gif
...� my shifts rotate.... 2 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off... so i work 15 days a month = 6 months a year
�

Cool, what is this called? You know of any factories in The Bay Area?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Retro707

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

i work about 6months out of the year... job is easy as hell, a lot of my postings on NT come from work...

Originally Posted by bns1201

dropped out last semester. making a decent amount, but loving what you do > salary.

why did u drop out and what do u do now?

brah, I gotchuu.  just let me know when you are in the valley.  I'll give you my info and we can set something nice up.  I have no problem hooking a fellow NTer up.
707-815-4709  Just text me what day/time you have in  mind and i will fit you in my schedule.

About to go HAM in da Valley and zip on some of that Muscatooo 

-UNDFT-

man hook me up with a job fam ....i could use the move out west (srs)
Where are you trying to move?.  What type of position are you trying to get?  You about dat wine life?  It's just a matter of being eager to learn and being patient with things.  If you dont like what you do you will be miserable.  I love my job...but I can definitely tell you that it is not for everyone.  Today I had this dude ask me questions like "how many grapes in a bottle"
indifferent.gif
 .  Can I grow premium Napa grapes in my backyard in AZ?   *#* Seriously 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 But with a smile on my face I kept it one hunnid.
-UNDFT-
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ you bout dat wine life...

man im just tryna move to cali and finish up schooling i guess..any position thats like a backroom one with little interaction with customers..hook it up
glasses.gif

Finished my degree, but I did make well over 65K(prior to finishing) selling cars pretty easily(minus the long hours). Started at Honda and worked all the way up to BMW/Mercedes.

crystal silicon grower, semi conductor grower, something to do with microchips...

Can you hook up a fellow NTer up?
nerd.gif

I wouldn't mind moving out west.

1) what do yall do = Manager, Foot Locker
2) where do you live = NYC
3) how much yall make = 60k
4) what certifications do you have (if any).. HS Dip.

Originally Posted by Retro23J

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Don't fret, many really don't utilize their degrees.

my Degree is a BBA in Computer Info Systems, in the company I could def use my degree, but heck all the positions even internally want OD experience lol,
frown.gif
so true

Yup. So many companies or positions require x amount of experience, when those positions really don't necessarily require it. So those without the experience just say screw it and look for another field of work.

I work in DC as a Comsec Manager, but I live in Maryland.

I make $83,000 a year, which goes up about $2500 every year.

It's about $39 an hour.

I have like 20 college credits, but I did spend 11 years in the army.

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

It's about $39 an hour.

In DC huh?...
nerd.gif
... what exactly goes on at your gig?

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

It's about $39 an hour.

In DC huh?...
nerd.gif

Yes, yes please do go on.

If you can get an interview with Comcast or any other large cable company doing "direct sales" (not as a contractor) you'll make bank.

I made 72k my first year with them and got a raise halfway thru. People with no college degrees are make 120k+ out of the office I was in.

35k base and crazy commission structure plus benefits and 401k matching at 100% up to 5%.

Job was a little too much for me as customers would call at all hours of the day and my commission/quota relied heavily on technicians actually completing the jobs correctly. I went to Paychex selling payroll at 45k base plus commission
pimp.gif

If you can get a sales job with or without a degree...take it.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

It's about $39 an hour.

In DC huh?...
nerd.gif

Yes, yes please do go on.

LOL....

well first off I have a Top Secret security clearance that I got when I was in the army.  (I had to take a polygraph and all)  That is pretty much the main reason I get paid what I do.  So no drugs, no trouble with the law (DUIs), and no financial problems (like bills going to collection agencies).  All those can get my clearance suspended, and I lose my job.  I can't really get into too much detail...but you can google "Comsec Manager", and it will pretty much sum up the job.  I do some IT stuff too though, and work as sort of a "helpdesk" for technical equipment.  You can't just get into the field, there were a number of things that lined up for me that allowed me to get this job.  It's pretty easy though.

Hell, I make $83K, my supervisor, who is the actual Manager (and does less work) makes $101K.  PLUS she is retired from the army, so she gets that check for the rest of her life.  PLUS she has disability from the army too, so she gets that check for the rest of her life also.  SHE is making bank.

why did u drop out and what do u do now?

man hook me up with a job fam ....i could use the move out west (srs)
Where are you trying to move?.  What type of position are you trying to get?  You about dat wine life?  It's just a matter of being eager to learn and being patient with things.  If you dont like what you do you will be miserable.  I love my job...but I can definitely tell you that it is not for everyone.  Today I had this dude ask me questions like "how many grapes in a bottle"
indifferent.gif
 .  Can I grow premium Napa grapes in my backyard in AZ?   *#* Seriously 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 But with a smile on my face I kept it one hunnid.
-UNDFT-
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ you bout dat wine life...

man im just tryna move to cali and finish up schooling i guess..any position thats like a backroom one with little interaction with customers..hook it up
glasses.gif

laugh.gif
  you gotta be about dat life brah.  There's always positions available throughout the year.  Full time, part time and seasonal.  It's getting closer and closer to "harvest" (sept-late october).  Harvest is the busiest time of the year.  As a tasting room host/wine educator/tour guide you can make as much as 50-150+ a day just on tips on top of your pay/salary.   It's a very fun interactive job and you aren't ever stuck in one room.. I have friends come by and do private tastings with me and i spend close to 2-3hrs per tasting and chill
pimp.gif
  I see the huge difference of when I first started to being manager, I get to run it however I want and the owner respects my work and gives me 100% trust.  I gained it you know but it's sooo much less stressful.  When I first started I worked with an A-----   I worked my way above him and "let him go"
roll.gif
 Not because he was an A---- but because he didn't pull his weight.  But it was such a great feeling regardless
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  .  Seasonal jobs are CRAZY.  You work like 2 months, 7days a week, 11-15hr days.  OVERTIME GALORE brah.. you can make up to 10k in 2 months if you just work harvest.  Tough work, long days but it pays off.  I have a homie that works harvest, he's from mexico.  Comes for harvest, racks up 8-10 G'z and flosses it out in Da Mexico buying tacos al pastor for errrrone.  Multiple routes you can take in the industry.

lmk if you have any questions

-UNDFT-

crystal silicon grower, semi conductor grower, something to do with microchips...
sorry if you already said but how much you make?

Originally Posted by k3stacks

sorry if you already said but how much you make?

60k a year and work about 6month out of the year

Dropped out with about 3 semesters to go due to financial hardships. Need to finish
tired.gif

Been working for the County of Santa Clara. Make a little over $60k a year plus free health coverage, job security, and retirement benefits. Easy job too..

yeh nyc is not a good place to make government checked bank, you will only walk with 70% of what u really should make

props to all my non degree holders still keeping their head well above water, im in college but plan on taking my time with good gigs in the summer

I'm young, still in HS but from what I understand 40K isn't doing it. My sister who is now 30 is telling me that to even to be on track to doing it you got to be in the 70-90K range.

Originally Posted by Weekz

I'm young, still in HS but from what I understand 40K isn't doing it. My sister who is now 30 is telling me that to even to be on track to doing it you got to be in the 70-90K range.

Depends on your lifestyle and what you consider "doing it".  I work enough to be 100% happy with myself.  I manage my expenses to where I don't overdo myself by exceeding more debt than freedom.  I do well enough to cop my crib, have the whip I want and still pursue my hobby of kicks.  I'am happy with that.  I don't need a lambo aventador and gold grillz with bart simpson chain hanging to be "doing it".  I keep it one hunnid regardless and I have no complaints.  Depends where you live too brawseph.  Dat Napa Valley living is Da Bessss for what I like.

-UNDFT-

Back
Top Bottom