Who Here Has A "Good" Job With No College Degree VOL. 40K+

lol Salde do you just google positions in the cities or you know people? OD awkward just saying "Call Habib Williams" and we're like "a bruh y'all hiring?"

Originally Posted by NikeKid93

>Brother joined Air Force out of High School
>worked in Air Traffic Control
>Got FAA Certified after a couple years
>Banks 130k+ working as a civilian at O'Hare (No student loans)

^^ This.  I'm a combat controller in the AF and I'm a certified atc and when I get out that's what I plan on doing. Pretty sure you can go to a 'tech school' type place but no 4 year college. All you do is tell planes what to do.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

lol Salde do you just google positions in the cities or you know people? OD awkward just saying "Call Habib Williams" and we're like "a bruh y'all hiring?"
good question
laugh.gif

Yes, he knows the ppl hiring in every major city n the U.S.... slade is thatt dude
pimp.gif

Morons. I see y some of yall unemployed

Originally Posted by jsmits

Originally Posted by NikeKid93

>Brother joined Air Force out of High School
>worked in Air Traffic Control
>Got FAA Certified after a couple years
>Banks 130k+ working as a civilian at O'Hare (No student loans)

^^ This.  I'm a combat controller in the AF and I'm a certified atc and when I get out that's what I plan on doing. Pretty sure you can go to a 'tech school' type place but no 4 year college. All you do is tell planes what to do.
how is it? im planning to join the AF soon

Good looking out Slade and anyone else helping out in the job market.

Once I get stable in my career hunt (hopefully come next week after a phone interview with a prospective company, fingers crossed). I'll more gladly help out more NT'ers, just wish me luck yall.

I make 42 + bonus managing a retail store. Not really what I wanna be doing, but I don't know what I wanna go back to school for. I'm only 24, though.

@ ME NO PASS- it's straight for a guaranteed job and good training. Make sure you come in with a single job picked out don't give them a list of 5-6 and let them pick because you could get something totally random. Loadmaster would be nice, you get special duty pay and you tell guys like me to jump out the plane. Plus you go alot of places. Just a thought.

Originally Posted by AyeDongsky

Has anyone with zero experience ever land a job in IT? 

I'm wondering this as well. Seems like every IT job requires at least a couple of years of experience
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Yes, he knows the ppl hiring in every major city n the U.S.... slade is thatt dude
pimp.gif

Morons. I see y some of yall unemployed
laugh.gif
Yeah, i'm tryna see why dudes keep asking him about **@% when it's clear he's just doing regular %+! job searches.

Originally Posted by awon23

Yo slade, got anything in the OC area?
pimp.gif

HOAG  Hospital , IT, smoke week all day and barely do work easy job pays 26 per hour
contact

Jeff McElyea
Service Manager
Information Technology Services
Hoag Hospital | One Hoag Drive PO Box 6100 | Newport Beach, CA 92658-6100
Office: 949-764-8783 | Mobile: 949-355-9119 | Email:
Jeff.Mcelyea@hoaghospital.org |
Web: www.hoaghospital.org

Alan Silver

IT Service Desk - x48600, Option 2

Direct – 764-8753

Pat Nigrelli | IT Service Desk Representative | Information Technology
| Hoag Hospital | One Hoag Drive PO Box 6100 | Newport Beach, CA
92658-6100 | www.hoaghospital.org

Office: (949) 764-8600 option #2 | pat.nigrelli@hoaghospital.org

I would kind of like to know the job search engine you are using tho slade. Rarely do the jobs i search have the pay upfront like the ones hes producing seem to.

Slade?

Reading, Pa for comparisons sake

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

I would kind of like to know the job search engine you are using tho slade. Rarely do the jobs i search have the pay upfront like the ones hes producing seem to.

Slade?

Reading, Pa for comparisons sake
[h3]http://c086a20b.zrjob2.com/ccb1072d[/h3]PREFERRED SKILLS:
  • Application source code security review skills
  • 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following Database Environments: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, DB2 and MySQL
  • Experience with programming languages such as Java, C, C++, C#, and .NET
  • Knowledge of Industry Standards, e.g., ISO 17799/27001, NIST Publications and other Industry Related Security Standards
  • Knowledge of Industry Regulations, e.g., Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Payment Card Industry (PCI) or Corporate Compliance
  • Consulting experience in Information Security
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
  • Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Computer Information Systems, Information System Technologies, Management Information Systems)
  • Minimum GPA 3.0
  • 3+ years in a related field, preferably in professional services and/or industry
  • Professional Certification such as CISSP, CISM, GSEC, GIAC, CEH, CPT are strongly preferred
you dont really need all that i did the interview over the phone and got the job so its simple
pimp.gif

so you told them that you had all these certifications? What type of questions did they ask you during the interview

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Originally Posted by AyeDongsky

Has anyone with zero experience ever land a job in IT? 

I'm wondering this as well. Seems like every IT job requires at least a couple of years of experience
ohwell.gif
When I made the switch a year ago, I didn't have any experience and I was 3 years out of college. I just made some connections, told them I was really interested in the field and they let me on. I would suggest anyone without experience to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom